The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jb_online

Cheer Up Caniacs

I really like how you're looking on the bright side of things. I wish I could share your view on it, but sadly I do not. However a slump is when the team plays bad for a period of time (maybe a couple of weeks). When a "slump" lasts 2 and a half months, it's no longer a slump. It is more a reflection of how the team can be expected to play each game.

I wish I had your view and I have, but after tonight, nope. John Forslund said it best "Good teams do not lose a 4-2 lead with 9 minutes to go at home"

We are NOT a good team. And I'm not even gonna bring in the injuries/illness b/c frankly the RiverRats have been our best players along with Chad and Craig. This is the problem. When your AHL guys along with 2 4th liners are your best players, that's a problem.

I really like how you're looking on the bright side of things. I wish I could share your view on it, but sadly I do not. However a slump is when the team plays bad for a period of time (maybe a couple of weeks). When a "slump" lasts 2 and a half months, it's no longer a slump. It is more a reflection of how the team can be expected to play each game.

Totally agree...this isn't a slump anymore...way past that for a while now...the team just isn't as good as we all thought it was...October was so great simply because everyone had energy and desire again...seems like things wore off and wallah here we are...

I think we should start competing with the Leafs. We've lost 6 of 8. They've lost 11 of 13 (I believe).

They want that 1st overall pick. We need to show that we want it more.

I think we should start competing with the Leafs. We've lost 6 of 8. They've lost 11 of 13 (I believe).

They want that 1st overall pick. We need to show that we want it more.

Uummmm

how about the Sabres, who have lost 9 straight?? :lol: :lol:

Uummmm

how about the Sabres, who have lost 9 straight?? :lol: :lol:

Funny, ever sine the Winter Classic the Pens have been on a hot-streak....so have the Sabres..in the other direction LMAO!

Thanks!!! I couldn't have said it better mysefl!

I am at the practices every week and some weeks we see these guys in rough pysical shape trying their best to not show the pysical pain they are in. I swear some latley look like they just came off the battleground. I say we need to hang in there with them.

The flu bug impact is GROWING ...

After watching the final 9 minutes last night I felt sick to my stomach.

Several others in my section appeared ready to throw up (or throw something !)

I hope I can get back in shape for the next home game.

Unless the Canes can pull off a few road wins this week in Canada it's going to be tough to be in a positive mood by Friday when the Oilers come to town. There goes my stomach again !

I thought for sure this was a Monty Python "Life of Brian" quote. When Brian is hanging on the cross and the guy on the cross next to him says, "Cheer up Brian! Look on the bright side of life." And then breaks out into whistling and song about the bright side of life. Truely a classic.

I thought for sure this was a Monty Python "Life of Brian" quote. When Brian is hanging on the cross and the guy on the cross next to him says, "Cheer up Brian! Look on the bright side of life." And then breaks out into whistling and song about the bright side of life. Truely a classic.

I love that movie.

I know that things are a little... rough, but there is still half a season to go. Don't forget that! True, Williams is gone for the season, we've lost a significant lead in the standings, and the flu bug has wreaked havoc on the line-up... but there is plenty of time to get back into the fight. Williams will be back (maybe not soon), sickness goes away, and injuries heal, too. Remember how the team did in the begining of the season, well it IS the same team, they just hit a slump. It happens. I know that yall know that... you're just frustraited.

Now, I was disgusted with the results of the recent games... and I am a glass-half-empty guy, but when you fall down, you just got to learn how to get back up.

Most of the posts recently have been negative, and that is understandable. I guarantee that the Canes are not happy with how things are right now. And I know that Lavi isn't content. The talent is there, and it will return. As long as the team makes it to the playoffs I believe that they can defeat anyone. The heart of the team is what is injured right now, that is why the RiverRat players are leading the team. They have the heart to win. Once that heart is back where it should be with the vets, you'll recognize our favorite hockey team. And nothing makes a group of guys bond together than playoffs. But, like I said, they have to get there. I might be overly optimistic, but I'm not blind. Things do have to change. And it will. They'll figure it out - quote me. ;)

GO CANES!

AMEN!!!! :rolleyes:

:lol:

What was so funny about that??? :huh:

I know that things are a little... rough, but there is still half a season to go. Don't forget that! True, Williams is gone for the season, we've lost a significant lead in the standings, and the flu bug has wreaked havoc on the line-up... but there is plenty of time to get back into the fight. Williams will be back (maybe not soon), sickness goes away, and injuries heal, too. Remember how the team did in the begining of the season, well it IS the same team, they just hit a slump. It happens. I know that yall know that... you're just frustraited.

Now, I was disgusted with the results of the recent games... and I am a glass-half-empty guy, but when you fall down, you just got to learn how to get back up.

Most of the posts recently have been negative, and that is understandable. I guarantee that the Canes are not happy with how things are right now. And I know that Lavi isn't content. The talent is there, and it will return. As long as the team makes it to the playoffs I believe that they can defeat anyone. The heart of the team is what is injured right now, that is why the RiverRat players are leading the team. They have the heart to win. Once that heart is back where it should be with the vets, you'll recognize our favorite hockey team. And nothing makes a group of guys bond together than playoffs. But, like I said, they have to get there. I might be overly optimistic, but I'm not blind. Things do have to change. And it will. They'll figure it out - quote me. ;)

GO CANES!

~bowing smiley and applause~ Whoo! Go jb-online!!!! ;)

I wish I had your view and I have, but after tonight, nope. John Forslund said it best "Good teams do not lose a 4-2 lead with 9 minutes to go at home"

We are NOT a good team. And I'm not even gonna bring in the injuries/illness b/c frankly the RiverRats have been our best players along with Chad and Craig. This is the problem. When your AHL guys along with 2 4th liners are your best players, that's a problem.

I wouldn't say we are not a good team....yet. Though I do get worried when Forslund starts saying things like this. It also concerns me that he mentioned something about our problems on defense can be fixed...just not this year(in a nut shell). Not quoting him..I don't need a lawsuit.

I wouldn't say we are not a good team....yet. Though I do get worried when Forslund starts saying things like this. It also concerns me that he mentioned something about our problems on defense can be fixed...just not this year(in a nut shell). Not quoting him..I don't need a lawsuit.

I definately listen to what Forslund says, because he seems to have a clearer picture of reality then Tripp. He makes some good points during the games and doesn't ramble like Tripp( no offence to Tripp)

I might be overly optimistic, but I'm not blind. Things do have to change. And it will. They'll figure it out - quote me.

Didn't we say this last year????? Same old, same old at the moment. Blah, blah, blah. I say PROVE IT!

This movie is why Easter sermons are really difficult to concentrate on.

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My sentiments, exactly.

More like a year and a half slump with a couple small winning streaks!!(VERY SMALL).

WINNING THE CUP------ PRICELESS

THE 1- 1/2 YEARS AFTER---WORTHLESS

GO CANES!

Hope you guys like crow. :P