The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Category5

Gleason injury

seriously guys stop about the ref stuff, you can talk about that in the post-game forum, so anyone who did comment on the refs, those messages are being deleted.

If you have anything actually regarding the INJURY, or how we might deal with it, please reply to this thread, if not, then its kind of pointless.

Also if someone asks for a source (especially a moderator), I'd suggest giving it, because we may delete that too. When i say source I don't necessarily mean a link, you can say where you heard it from though so we know its truthful.

So My source is twofold.. Being at the game and Watching Gleason come off the ice not knowing what Zip code he was in and having to be helped into the dressing room and a friend at RBC who I spoke with after the game. We probably will not see Timmy for a few games if he indeed failed his baseline... He looked prety bad... Just my two cents....

Can we not catch a break? I did think I saw the injury bug building a Condo outside the BIG ATM the other night.

It's hard not to hear to the M*A*S*H* intro music when talkign about the team. do you think we can get the Jumbotron crew to play it at the game?

Not a big fan of "Suicide is Painless". :(

Mrs. Storm passed along this information, posted in today's John Forslund blog:

"Gleason ???

No word on Tim Gleason as of this writing. He did have a neuropsyche test yesterday to determine the status of his concussion. We will find out this morning. I would say that he is doubtful for tonight. His place will be taken by Dennis Seidenberg who had recovered from his ankle problem which has had him sidelined for about a month. Tim Conboy will play in a swing role tonight. he will see time as forward and on the back end."

Edited to add: Forslund also said that Ruutu is not likely for tonight and Letowski would take his place.

this is horrible. considering how the last few games with new york have gone, we need our tough guys out there. gleason and rutuu could definitely help us in that department. all i can say is that i hope no one else gets hurt tonight. but with the luck we have had recently, thats not likely.

According to luke

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gleason out, Ruutu in

The Canes will be without the services of defenseman Tim Gleason for tonight's game with the New York Rangers.

Gleason suffered a head injury, probably a concussion, in the first period of Tuesday's 2-1 overtime win over New Jersey, when he was checked face-first into the glass by New Jersey's Mike Rupp.

Gleason did not skate Thursday morning, newly acquired center Tuomo Ruutu did, albeit with a cage on his helmet. Ruutu suffered multiple lacerations above his left eye and nose in the third period of his Carolina debut on Tuesday. Ruutu, who needed 40 stitches after the inadvertent high-stick from Patrik Elias, will give it a go tonight with protective cage.

Canes coach Peter Laviolette was undecided about how many defensemen he would dress tonight. Without Gleason, perhaps Dennis Seidenberg (ankle) could return. Based on Thursday's morning skate

Anyone wish we would call up Morminia for tonights game? Or heck, Gillies. Best of luck to Gleason and cant wait to see how Ruutu throws his weight around tonight.

I'd like to see him check Avery.... :D