The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DURBS71

Wardo Talk

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CAM WARD? AS A FAN THAT HAS WATCHED HIM GROW UP ON THE ICE IN RED DEER, I WAS REALLY SUPRISED WHEN I SAW THE WAY HE WAS ACTING LAST NIGHT IN THE LOSS TO THE NEW YORK RANGERS. LOOSING HIS COOL IS DEFENITLY NOT PART OF HIS GAME, AND I CAN SEE AFTER HIS PREFORMANCE LAST NIGHT WHY HE MIGHT OF STRUGGLED A BIT THIS SEASON. NOT TO PUT HIM DOWN, I WANT TO SEE HIM DO GOOD (EVEN THOUGH IM AN OILERS FAN) I JUST THINK MABY HE NEEDS A TRIP BACK TO RED DEER TO FIND HIS GAME, PLAY FOR FUN AND REMEMBER HOW HE GOT THEIR. I THINK WE WOULD ALL SEE A MUCH BETTER PLAYER.

THANKS,

CONCERNED WARD FAN

Not every goalie plays great every night... Also, the Rangers beat him with some great shots, and sometimes, lets those soft ones in, but hey he always looks back at what he did wrong and then works to not do that again...

P.S. IS THERE REALLY A NEED FOR THE CAPS LOCK :huh: ?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CAM WARD? AS A FAN THAT HAS WATCHED HIM GROW UP ON THE ICE IN RED DEER, I WAS REALLY SUPRISED WHEN I SAW THE WAY HE WAS ACTING LAST NIGHT IN THE LOSS TO THE NEW YORK RANGERS. LOOSING HIS COOL IS DEFENITLY NOT PART OF HIS GAME, AND I CAN SEE AFTER HIS PREFORMANCE LAST NIGHT WHY HE MIGHT OF STRUGGLED A BIT THIS SEASON. NOT TO PUT HIM DOWN, I WANT TO SEE HIM DO GOOD (EVEN THOUGH IM AN OILERS FAN) I JUST THINK MABY HE NEEDS A TRIP BACK TO RED DEER TO FIND HIS GAME, PLAY FOR FUN AND REMEMBER HOW HE GOT THEIR. I THINK WE WOULD ALL SEE A MUCH BETTER PLAYER.

THANKS,

CONCERNED WARD FAN

BECAUSE CAPS LOCK MAKES POSTS BETTER.

You watched the wrong game. I think 1 of the goals Cam would wish he would have been in better position, but I think he has been playing really well lately. Our Defense is the reason we lost last night. More specifically HEDICAN and KABERLE. Hedican turned it over at some very key points in our end and Frank looks like he has no confidence with the puck.

Andy

we hear you loud and clear. Cam is entitled to get upset every now and then. he's human, what do you expect. You see it from him far less than most goalies in the NHL. You can't win them all just like they said last night on 99.9 the fan. Cam has several amazing games and he has one not so great and people start to question him and his behavior. I think any goalie in his position last night would have been upset.

uhh okayyy so.

is there reallly a need for the caps lock? and it's do WELL not do GOOD.

anyway, not to rain on your parade or anything...but every goalie has a frustrating game. and last night, it was mainly the defense's fault, not Cam's. It's been a long season for him and the whole team.

You watched the wrong game. I think 1 of the goals Cam would wish he would have been in better position, but I think he has been playing really well lately. Our Defense is the reason we lost last night. More specifically HEDICAN and KABERLE. Hedican turned it over at some very key points in our end and Frank looks like he has no confidence with the puck.

Andy

Agreed, still our coaches think he needs to get back to himself, but time will tell, also i remember he had that chance to kick it out right infront of the net, and then Drury tap'd it in..

I think Cam was more upset in his defense than himself on that play. Nobody picked up the man cutting down from the blue line, so Cam had to come across the crease hard to make a fine save, granted it took him out of position. However, the puck went right out to Drury and he wasn't checked by the d, who was looking down at the ice trying to find the puck. He sure settled back into his game for the rest of the game though.

Well, to get this thread back on topic and answer the original poster's questions....I think Cam blowing off some steam was good for the team. He's tired of getting hung out to dry, especially when he's doing his part to keep them in the game. He's one of the most gracious and well mannered kids Ive ever met, and as calm and as poised as he is, eventually he had to get peeved off enough to let his team mates know. Good for him. He's a competetor who knows that every period counts right now and they cant assume they'll make the post season. They control their own destiny right now and if it takes someone like Cam Ward to show some big time emotion, so be it.

Well, to get this thread back on topic and answer the original poster's questions....I think Cam blowing off some steam was good for the team. He's tired of getting hung out to dry, especially when he's doing his part to keep them in the game. He's one of the most gracious and well mannered kids Ive ever met, and as calm and as poised as he is, eventually he had to get peeved off enough to let his team mates know. Good for him. He's a competetor who knows that every period counts right now and they cant assume they'll make the post season. They control their own destiny right now and if it takes someone like Cam Ward to show some big time emotion, so be it.

Temper? Cam? I'd say Kaberle's lucky Ward didn't break the stick over his head! Hopefully, this will be a warning to him... ;)

Im just saying that ive never seen ward let in too many goals because he was out of postion. And i have never ever seen him try to break a stick over a post before. to me he looks really fustrated not because of his defence just because he is not making the saves. the ward i know would come back from a bad goal more focused than before and make a game saving stop, or do somthing unbeliveable. Not get angry and loose focus. Just doesn't seem like him to me. But then again i don't watch him every game like i used to.

Im just saying that ive never seen ward let in too many goals because he was out of postion. And i have never ever seen him try to break a stick over a post before. to me he looks really fustrated not because of his defence just because he is not making the saves. the ward i know would come back from a bad goal more focused than before and make a game saving stop, or do somthing unbeliveable. Not get angry and loose focus. Just doesn't seem like him to me. But then again i don't watch him every game like i used to.

The NHL is a little more pressured than Red Deer.

Thanks for taking the caps lock off ;)

The NHL is a little more pressured than Red Deer.

Thanks for taking the caps lock off ;)

Nooo I am pretty sure he was angry with the D. He didn't just happen to break the stick right after Frank Kaberle made sure Drury was free to score a goal.

Most nights, Cam is really good about getting his head back in the game and now worrying about the goals he let in.

Ward played really well last night. In the first period alone, he had some saves he had no business making. The only one I'd really fault him for would be the 2nd one.

In the end, it's a give and take relationship. The goaltender can only do so much for the team, and when he makes the first stop, the defense is suppose to take care of the rebound. Kaberle didn't, which explains why he was so angry. That, and it was the 2nd goal of the night that fell on the fault of the defense.