The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sedwards75

Where do they stay?

I've always wondered....for players that get traded to a team, like Ruutu just did earlier this week....where does he stay? Does the team keep a couple of houses or apartments for cases like this, does he stay with another player or does he just get a hotel until he can find something else?

i go with hotel option, teams usually help players to get apartment quite quickly, though

I've always wondered....for players that get traded to a team, like Ruutu just did earlier this week....where does he stay? Does the team keep a couple of houses or apartments for cases like this, does he stay with another player or does he just get a hotel until he can find something else?

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn on Summit Park Lane back in April of 07 and one of the employees there saw me in my jersey and told me that Anson Carter was staying there. Never did seem him though.

Depends. I read somewhere that Ladd is staying with one of the Adams' in Chicago until he finds his own place. Callups generally get a hotel room but I think a bit of it has to do with personal preferences when you get a guy who gets traded and his contract is up by the end of the year.

It is my understanding the team owns some fully furnished condos for them (callups, temp)

Correct, I worked with a minor-leauge team and the organization owned some housing for temporary issues.

Not to mention some of our former players still have houses in the area and rent them out to new, traded, temporary, players. For instance Commie was renting Jesse B's place, his Corvette was still there as of last week.

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn on Summit Park Lane back in April of 07 and one of the employees there saw me in my jersey and told me that Anson Carter was staying there. Never did seem him though.

What a coincidence people here told me that Carter played for us but I never saw him show up on the ice...

Not to mention some of our former players still have houses in the area and rent them out to new, traded, temporary, players. For instance Commie was renting Jesse B's place, his Corvette was still there as of last week.

By the way, it is not there anymore. Unless it is in the garage which it never has been.

I

Didn't show up at the RBC much either. ;)

I know here in Ottawa when a guy comes to the team via trade or a call up the player stays at one of the local hotels. Commie is staying at the Holiday Inn at the moment, he mentioned this to some people while at a charity event I was at. Usually if a player is traded halfway through the season they stay at the hotel until they are done the season. Mike Comrie did it last year came to the team in Jan and lived at one of the hotels until the season was done. Sometimes a player will stay with another player. Eaves first year with the team once he was with the team for good he ended up staying with one of the other players and his wife. I think it is different with every team.

As per their contract, the acquiring club must supply single hotel accomodations for 21 days as well as a medium size car for 21 days.

Some of the new guys are driving those Bently wannabe's and one player is driving a Ford Escape.

Yea often times the veterans will open up their houses. Though mostly for trades and rookies rather than call ups. I think Crosby stayed with Lemiux.

He did. I think Lemiux wouldn't let him stay with any one else.