The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ezstreet

Conboy article

Great article! So far he seems to be sticking. The Canes are clearly going with an tone of increased physicality down the stretch.

Great Article! I'm glad to hear that Topeka is behind the Canes! Well at least one person is.

I definitely see a bright future ahead for this guy...there will always be guys who can swtich from winger to center...but how many can switch from playing defense to offense and actually do a good job at it?

More than one Cane fan here in Topeka. I'm pretty sure most hockey fans here in topeka will be pulling for them. Even the ones who have their "teams".

I've always had a soft spot for the Canes personally, so it's an easy call for me to make.

Excellent article. Conboy seems like a down to earth guy and really appreciative of the opportunity he has. Here's hoping some of our Albany guys can make the team next year.. I like what I see from the young guys.

A great insight into how emotional it much be when you get "the call" I love how he describes Seeing his jersey in the locker for the first time not to mention the fight with the Av's Parker.

Great article. While I was initially surprised by Conboy's callup and then 2nd call-up he has proven me wrong. I really like his play and he doesn't seem nervous out there. He seem to have really good instincts and a good shot from the point that it is easily to deflect. With gleason's injury now, it appears that he'll get even more minutes. Finally, I especially like how he uses a wood stick, it's just so rare nowadays.

Finally got around to reading the article, very nice job, David. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, you'll get to do a follow-up article with him if the Canes make the playoffs. Everytime Tim is in a fight or does something big, the RBC Center folks play the trucker classic "Convoy" -- hopefully, Timmy finds it as amusing as I do... :D

I love Conboy and what we've seen from him. He is a leader out on the ice and goes wherever coach tells him to. How many games have we seen that Conboy starts out skating as a forward on the 4th line and then for some reason or another he has to move back to defense. Gotta love a guy like that.

Hello Canes fans,

My name is David Streeter, I'm a freelance hockey writer in Topeka, Kansas.

I recently did an interview with Hurricane Tim Conboy. He played junior hockey here in Topeka for the Scarecrows of the USHL. The team is no longer around but we have junior hockey back this season in Topeka.

Tim is the first junior hockey player from Topeka to make the NHL.

Here is the article:

http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525''>http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525' target="_blank">http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525[/post]

Hope you guys enjoy the insight. You have some Hurricane fans now in Topeka, we are pulling for you guys to win the Cup.

Go Canes!

Great article, Thanks for sharing it with us!

Hope you guys enjoy the insight. You have some Hurricane fans now in Topeka, we are pulling for you guys to win the Cup.

Go Canes!

Excellent article David, thank you for posting

Thank you very much, I am glad to see the "ConVoy" is still around!

Maybee this thread has officially nicknamed the Kansas native as Tim "The ConVoy" Conboy?

Great to here about where he came from and his journey to the NHL!

Thank you all so much for the kind comments on my article.

Of course it wouldn't be possible without Tim's entertaining interview. I thank him and hope to have a follow-up sometime, maybe in the playoffs!

Go Canes!

(Oh and it's stuff like this that makes me glad I took up this gig of writing on the side. It makes all the work well worth it.)

Great article exstreet, thanks for sharing (Welcome to Carolina)! I loved that I was able to see Conboy in Norfolk playing for the Rats in January and now seeing him as a Cane. He has definitely earned being here with us now. As Tripp Tracy stated last night after our winning game with Tampa when Conboy almost scored---was the only down side to this game was Conboy not getting his 1st NHL goal. I agree and can't wait for it to happen for him. I just hope it will be in our house when it does happen.

Hello Canes fans,

My name is David Streeter, I'm a freelance hockey writer in Topeka, Kansas.

I recently did an interview with Hurricane Tim Conboy. He played junior hockey here in Topeka for the Scarecrows of the USHL. The team is no longer around but we have junior hockey back this season in Topeka.

Tim is the first junior hockey player from Topeka to make the NHL.

Here is the article:

http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525''>http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525' target="_blank">http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=6525[/post]

Go Canes!

Great article! As the others have stated, Conboy's a great guy to have on the ice. He's physical, he stands up for his teammates, he's good positionally and defensively, and did I mention he's physical? You'll have to ask Junior Lessard for the answer to that last one. ;)

Plus, you have to give him major, major props to going toe-to-toe with the Sherriff on his first shift.

And I'm digging the Sakic jerseys in your sig. :)

Thanks in part to your reading of my article, I had the most hits this month for all the bloggers on the Topeka Capital-Journal website. I had nearly double the amount of the next highest.

While the Conboy piece wasn't the sole reason I achieved this, it was the most viewed piece.

Thank you!!!!

Thanks in part to your reading of my article, I had the most hits this month for all the bloggers on the Topeka Capital-Journal website. I had nearly double the amount of the next highest.

While the Conboy piece wasn't the sole reason I achieved this, it was the most viewed piece.

Thank you!!!!

The coach had some really great things to say about Conboy last night. He was highly impressed with his camp which is what led to his call up and since he's been here, he's done exactly whats been asked of him on both defense and offense, and done it very well.