The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GhoulieGirl

Ruutu

I thought it was up in the 300's. 329, I believe. Or 324.

Is it? It's hard to tell from my seats, as I sit at the opposite end of the arena. Thanks for the correction though. :]

Is it? It's hard to tell from my seats, as I sit at the opposite end of the arena. Thanks for the correction though. :]

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's in the 300's. Of course, considering how fast it spreads through the arena, it's hard to tell.

haha I must have missed the whooping, but I am curious to find out if anyone knows which section taunts the opposing team's goalie at every game... there is always a large group of people yelling "______ YOU SUCK!" in unison. I am a loud fan and would love to sit in that section!

That's easy to chime in with. They do 2 sing/song chants of the goalies name the YOU SUCK!! I'm in 338 in the corner and when I hear the first time name, I'm with them for the second and the big clim.... (oops, almost forgot this is a family board) finish. :rolleyes:

This topic is too funny!

When the trade was made...Ruutu for Ladd...so many people were upset. LMAO!!!

Now, everyone loves Ruutu!?!? Have forgotten about Ladd!?!?

Once again, I (Caniac2212) called it...about Ruutu "bringing more toughness and playing more physical than Ladd does". (before he even played in his 1st Hurricane game) People on here said, we don't need more physical or more toughness. I love proving people wrong on here!!! But it's what I do...I educate some people on this forum (free of charge) about Hockey 101 and players!!! You are welcome!

Thank you so much for the education. It isn't just your knowledge that I'm impressed with, it's your excessive humility that really blows me away. ;)

LOL It doesn't sound anything like the WOO...it sounds more like booing....except with an R

I know, but it sounded funny. ;)

The "goalie" YOU SUCK chant starts in 328. You know it was there and not somewhere else when it is really loud. The "Cheaters never win" chant also starts there. I love sitting in that section. It is great to hear their commentary about the game.

This topic is too funny!

Once again, I (Caniac2212) called it...about Ruutu "bringing more toughness and playing more physical than Ladd does". (before he even played in his 1st Hurricane game) People on here said, we don't need more physical or more toughness. I love proving people wrong on here!!! But it's what I do...I educate some people on this forum (free of charge) about Hockey 101 and players!!! You are welcome!

Don't sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back! You are not the only Canes fan to think that this was a good trade. :)

Really, I don't feel like we need a whole discussion on this...I think when everyone starts "Ruuuuu"-ing, it will be spontaneous, just do it after a goal or after he makes some sort of big play or something. Pretty simple.

That's easy to chime in with. They do 2 sing/song chants of the goalies name the YOU SUCK!! I'm in 338 in the corner and when I hear the first time name, I'm with them for the second and the big clim.... (oops, almost forgot this is a family board) finish. :rolleyes:

it does seem to come from a level 300 corner. ill give that section a try then!

Really, I don't feel like we need a whole discussion on this...I think when everyone starts "Ruuuuu"-ing, it will be spontaneous, just do it after a goal or after he makes some sort of big play or something. Pretty simple.

Ant the Camron Crazies go Zoooooo....

I hate that Busch League Chant because it usually takes place when the opposing goalie isn't "sucking." As for the Ruu chant do whatever makes you feel good - I loved it when the entire arena booed whenever Stevens, Primeau touched the ice. I used to do one for Scott Neidermeyer (like flounder from animal house) when I had seats in 324 - I would call his name and one of my buddies on the other side of the section would shout "you suck" I stopped doing it when during one game I was doing the chant and there was this kid who kept looking back - I found out later that the kid's last name was Neidermeyer - oops

I hate that Busch League Chant because it usually takes place when the opposing goalie isn't "sucking."

Agree. It is Juvenile.

We've already had plenty of discussions about the "you suck" chant and we dont need another. This thread was about Ruutu though Im having a tough time believing that we have two, and almost three pages discussing his chant :huh: .

IMO, chants just happen, they're not planned. Sometimes the Canesvision guys hit it right and something will catch on. They've been trying to get the arena to chant "Ward-O" for every big save Cam makes for 2 seasons now with no luck. Chants either catch on or they dont and trying to plan out what you'd like 18,000 + fans to chant on this message board seems a little ambitious to me. For 3 pages worth anyway.

But it is fun to have something to chant about again, isnt it?

We've already had plenty of discussions about the "you suck" chant and we dont need another. This thread was about Ruutu though Im having a tough time believing that we have two, and almost three pages discussing his chant :huh: .

IMO, chants just happen, they're not planned. Sometimes the Canesvision guys hit it right and something will catch on. They've been trying to get the arena to chant "Ward-O" for every big save Cam makes for 2 seasons now with no luck. Chants either catch on or they dont and trying to plan out what you'd like 18,000 + fans to chant on this message board seems a little ambitious to me. For 3 pages worth anyway.

Whenever you have a good post, I chant, in my best 1980 Olympic Hockey Team voice, "T-S-A....T-S-A....T-S-A....T-S-A!" :lol:

Whenever you have a good post, I chant, in my best 1980 Olympic Hockey Team voice, "T-S-A....T-S-A....T-S-A....T-S-A!" :lol:

Hahaha, thats pretty funny. I'd hate to hear what the folks that... lets just say...."dont appreciate" what I might post might be chanting :o .

Hahaha, thats pretty funny. I'd hate to hear what the folks that... lets just say...."dont appreciate" what I might post might be chanting :o .

Well....have you ever watched a Habs game and heard what they chant when they don't like a call the refs make?? ;)

Only joking of course! :lol:

This topic is too funny!

Get

________

Yourself

Ladd was a good player for us and I'm sure if we had not have had all the injuries JR wouldn't have traded him!

On the other hand, it looks like JR made the right move!!!!

Ruutu brings an aspect to this team that we've been missing for quite some time!!!

Ending every sentence with an exclamation point is fun!!!!!!!!

pretty funny...

Everyone sitting around me last night kept saying "why is the crowd boo-ing, that was a good play!!"???

I had to explain it was "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu", not "boooooooooooooo". Maybe we should change it to "Rooti, Rooti, Rooti"..... LOL LOL LOL