The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Patchell84

Goodbye Andrew Ladd, Hello Ruutu

If true, you guys will ove Ruutu. Great hitter along the boards. He will fly into corners and dig out pucks for your scorers. I will miss Ruutu. He is my favorite. I will follow his career.

BTW, do these 2 teams realize there are 28 other teams to trade with?

It's on Hockeybuzz too...I will miss Ladd...we really need to welcome Ruutu aboard

does anyone know what happened to him in 05-06? He only played in 15 games?

He was injured. He is injury prone, just what we need

Ah jeez, we basically traded 1 for 1 on this one, in that we got just about the same exact player back for what we traded. I would rather have Ladd, his game has heated up a lot here lately and I just liked him. I don't like the move

And Tangledheart has a Ladd tattoo, man that sucks. I got mad when a player I had on one of my jersey's got traded eeessh

ha

Terrible, terrible trade. JR must be off his rocker.

Ladd: 9 points in 9 games

Ruutu: 0 points in 32 games.

Hey Iceman ... I think you checked stats on the wrong Ruutu.

Tuomo has played in 60 games this season

with 6 Goals

15 Assists

and is +3

Granted this is not the tpye of trade I expected to see the Canes make today (still waiting to see a 2nd line center show up in time for face off tonight).

Sure wish JR had talked to the Habs about Huet too.

No offense to anyone, but I get the sense few people with negative views have seen Ruutu play.

The obvious is that he has had injuries problems like Ladd but beyond that he probably is better in every category down the line than Ladd.

Better hitter, actually a wicked physical player.

More versatile, can play either wing or center.

Better offensive production and better hands.

The downside is that he too is a RFA and is line for a bigger contract than Ladd next year.

As for the injury problems you guys are acting like Ladd hasn't had injury problems. The canes traded potential for a player who was struggling in CHI. I'll wait to see if Ruutu brings something the canes need before I criticise his play. So far the canes luck with Chicago castoffs is running at about 50%, hopefully this will tilt the scales to 66%.

what a STUPID move. Why would we want to get a ridiculously injured player? Don't we have enough injury problems?! At least Ladd isn't made of glass!

ladd is pretty injury prone himself... but the whole point is that rutuu is a center and thats what we need right now with rod out.. and to be honest ladd hasnt lived up to his expectations here and rutuu hasnt in chicago so maybe the same thing will happen with rutuu here that happened with samsonov

what a STUPID move. Why would we want to get a ridiculously injured player? Don't we have enough injury problems?! At least Ladd isn't made of glass!

Well, Ladd has never played a season either. Only 43 this year and 65 last year. Lets not says he's always healthy here.....

This is basically a swap of 2 guys who haven't lived up to their potential yet. I know Ladd has been playing well lately though, and I will miss him.

Ruutu did pot 17 goals last year, so we'll see. Hopefully new surroundings will jump start both these guys.

Yeah, Ladd's pretty injury prone, but nowhere near Tuomo's level.

I just don't understand the logic behind this.

"Hey Ladd, you've done well lately. We'll trade you for a glass player who HASN'T done well lately".

Stupid Trade. This team had chemistry and was obviously headed in the right direction. Ladd's recent play has only gotten stronger. He was becoming a force. Why?

Ah jeez, we basically traded 1 for 1 on this one, in that we got just about the same exact player back for what we traded.

EXACTLY! So what's the ... FRICKIN point?

TOTALLY UNNECESSARY MOVE! It's like we made a move just for the sake of making a move. Dumb. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm not happy with this AT ALL.

And Tangledheart has a Ladd tattoo, man that sucks. I got mad when a player I had on one of my jersey's got traded eeessh

hehehehe :lol:

Not sure why people are complaining about him being hurt constantly? He's played in all but 2 games this year, all but 11 last year and got hurt his sophomore season.

Ladd hasn't played more than 65 games in a year for us.