The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Patchell84

Goodbye Andrew Ladd, Hello Ruutu

Yeah, it seems Hawks fans on their boards are TOUGH. Ouch. :blink::wacko:

"Ruutu this, Ladd that, I feel bad for him, we'll have to see how he does until the end of the season, don't throw him under the bus..."

wait, thats from our boards isn't it??!? ;)

we chicagoans are notorious for our bluntness and our high demand on our sports figures. we're pretty brutal, but we make no attempt to hide that fact.

It's just not right seeing Ladd like that.

I'm optimistic to what Ruutu will bring though, he will lead our team in hits and does have offensive talent, it just wasn't used right in Chicago. And we all know the trend, if anyone does bad in chicago, send them here and they'll do great.

I am really sad to see Ladd go, and wish him the best in Chicago.

I liked Ladd and thought he was playing much better lately. Thanks to Andrew for his time here and helping us win the Cup.

BUT....

Ruutu did something in one game that Ladd didn't accomplish in 3 years. He created a BUZZ in the RBC Center. From wondering if his flight was going to make it to the crushing hits, EVERYONE was talking about him. He had some nice passes and scoring chances. I was looking forward to every shift. I just hope the swelling around his eye goes down in time to lay a bead on Avery and Orr tomorrow night.

Does that make him better than Ladd? Of course not, like others said, it's only one game. But I like what I saw, and can't wait to see it again. I never went to a game wondering what Andrew Ladd was going to do that night.

Now I know why all the Blackhawks fans loved this guy.

I liked Ladd and thought he was playing much better lately. Thanks to Andrew for his time here and helping us win the Cup.

Remember it was Ladd that crashed into Rollie in game 1 and caused him to miss the rest of the series.

I thought it was Ladd who crashed into JWill who crashed into Rollie.

Going a little off base, but I thought J Will was the Conn Smythe. He takes out Koivu in the 1st round, and we win. He helped Staal and Brindamour look great, took out Rollie, and scored the soul crushing empty net goal to cap off the Oilers. Nuff Said. ;)

Edit: You were right. Sorry.

This makes me sad

LaddHawks.jpg

The Blackhawks were my team growing up(There was no NHL hockey in NC in 1982), so I can still cheer for Ladd and Craig. I might even get a Hawks jersey now.

The Blackhawks were my team growing up(There was no NHL hockey in NC in 1982), so I can still cheer for Ladd and Craig. I might even get a Hawks jersey now.

i guess this trade has mutually helped jersey sales for both our teams..... a bunch of us on the hawks boards are now saying we're getting canes jerseys.

do we know if he will be able to play thursday? it sucks that he got injured bc we surely could use his aggressive play against the rangers.

More info here from this mornings N&O

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/970988.html''>http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/970988.html' target="_blank">http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/970988.html[/post]

I definitely don't have any issue with the Blackhawks, it would be great to see guys from here doing well in Chicago and helping turn the Hawks into a successful team. I might not go as far as getting a Blackhawks jersey though ^_^

Nothing against Ladd but the Hawks fans are commenting that they didnt really see anything special out of him last night, he had a some long range shots is about it. They are giving him the benefit of the doubt although they will come to realize that he is not a show stopper at this point and probably never will be.

Nothing against Ladd but the Hawks fans are commenting that they didnt really see anything special out of him last night, he had a some long range shots is about it. They are giving him the benefit of the doubt although they will come to realize that he is not a show stopper at this point and probably never will be.

I watched the game, and I saw some good and some bad. Firstly, the Hawks hockey seems A LOT slower than our hockey...by a lot. Ladd was I guess skating with their 3rd/4th line.

I noticed that Ladd was skating the puck down the ice by himself at times. You could also really tell he was getting used to playing their style of game. He had some really good hits, and although most of the shots he took weren't dangerous he did take 5 SOG and there was one shot that bounced off Bryz and (I can't remember who it was) that just couldn't get the rebound to put it in the 1/2 empty net.

Plus, they are not nearly as welcoming as most Caniacs are. It seems like they want to see him play and then they will decide...while here we take a more of "We like you until you give us a reason not to" stance. :)

^^Amazing they got all that from just one game

got all of what? it sounds like their analysis of his play in the first game is what they will come to expect from him. Long range shots, play the body sparingly, screen the goalie, clean up the garbage.. nothing spectacular

Both teams are 1 and 0 with 1 goal wins with the new player.

The rest does not matter.

PS- Ladd is not injured.

Could not resist , this is also an irrelevant fact like much of the comments on Ladd.

I was at the Hawks game last night, and while yes, most of us are gonna hold judgement on him untill he gets acclimated here, I did see good things.

I think it is impressive that Savard(head coach) had him out there in the last minute of play, with the Hawks 2 players down, 6 on 4.

I was at the Hawks game last night, and while yes, most of us are gonna hold judgement on him untill he gets acclimated here, I did see good things.

I think it is impressive that Savard(head coach) had him out there in the last minute of play, with the Hawks 2 players down, 6 on 4.

WHAT? Savard must be insane, or just maybe Chicago sees something in Ladd the Canes didn't.

There were times last night when you couldn't even see the goalie because of Ladd in front of the net--hopefully he will get the chance to shine in Chicago.

Oh--and even with the drought conditions out here--my guess is that Cali is much more concerned about their riparian rights than those on the east coast