The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Patchell84

Goodbye Andrew Ladd, Hello Ruutu

Well, I loved the trade. Ruutu is a studd and I'm not a big Ladd fan. I've heard he doesn't work in practices =\

Hmm, I take it you've never been to a practice then, eh?

I'm pretty sure we didn't trade Ladd because he didn't work in practice. He wasn't getting the time he needed to develop and we had roles we needed to be filled here. JR thinks that Ruuty can fill this need for us and probably though Ladd would be a good fit for the young system they have in Chicago.

So far, Laddy with 2 goals, can't complain!

And check this out. As I was leavin the U.C. tonight, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dude eyein' my jersey. He went into the office, and I thought" Nah, couldn't have been. Could it?" I made my wife wait with me for about an hour and a half and out he came.

P1020619.jpg

He was smilin the whole time as I thanked him for his time here, and told him I will be following his career. I also told him I want him back when we have a coach that knows how to use him.

Thank you for letting him come back, if only for a short time.

And check this out. As I was leavin the U.C. tonight, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dude eyein' my jersey. He went into the office, and I thought" Nah, couldn't have been. Could it?" I made my wife wait with me for about an hour and a half and out he came.

He was smilin the whole time as I thanked him for his time here, and told him I will be following his career. I also told him I want him back when we have a coach that knows how to use him.

Great story! Thanks for posting the picture, looks like his stitches are healing nicely.

Great story! Thanks for posting the picture, looks like his stitches are healing nicely.

Jakobeast,

I know that must have been a high note after losing him to us. If you ever make it down this way for a game (maybe the playoffs - hopefully), we will have to show you a good time tailgating before the game. I bet he would enjoy it, to see you wearing your jersey while he's warming up.

Dude, don't say that. I was laid off a little while ago, and have nothing but time right now. I do want to see Ruutie in his new surrondings.

We would love to see some Hawks fans down here, especially IF we get to the playoffs. Plus Raleigh is awesome and beautiful.

Son, if you come down here you got to have some BBQ (says in his best southern drawl). :lol:

If you plan ahead, Southwest can get you down here pretty cheap.

We can probably arrange for some Vienna sausages out at the tailgate (now I am starting to sound like Tripp). :blink:

I am not sure it would work, though. I bet y'all are real quiet during the Anthem.

And do you have Vienna Beef hot dogs?

They are loud on the RED (although I don't yell at that, not gonna lie) and the arena gets pretty loud around "Free"

It's a loud arena in general...and actually the other night at the Rags game there were some people telling Sean Avery he sucks realllllllllly loud during the anthem.

And we have NC BBQ.

Really though, everyone should make a trip to the loudest house in the NHL. It's a great experience.

How many of you made it to the old Chicago Stadium? A full pipe organ built into the building. So loud, in fact, one time the old organist, Al Melgaard, blew out all the windows in the building.

A tradition started in the late 80's early 90's of cheering the National anthem. It got really loud in there.

It doesn't have the true deafening roar as being there live, but it will give you an idea.

It isn't quite like that in the U.C., but it is comming back, and I am very happy.

How many of you made it to the old Chicago Stadium? A full pipe organ built into the building. So loud, in fact, one time the old organist, Al Melgaard, blew out all the windows in the building.

A tradition started in the late 80's early 90's of cheering the National anthem. It got really loud in there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpxVE_kQXg' target="_blank"> This is the best I could find.[/post] It doesn't have the true deafening roar as being there live, but it will give you an idea.

It isn't quite like that in the U.C., but it is comming back, and I am very happy.

I grew up going to games at the old Chicago Stadium! My first NHL games was in 70/71, Hawks against the Northstars. We won 5 or 6 to nothing. Tony-O got the shutout, Magnuson got into a fight, and had a pregame meal at the old Bismark hotel. Wow! For us poor dairy farmers, that hotel was classy!!!!

Love the pipe organ. Every venue should have one.

Dude, don't say that. I was laid off a little while ago, and have nothing but time right now. I do want to see Ruutie in his new surrondings.

are we taking a road trip jako? ;)

My first experience with NHL hockey was going to Hawks games back when I was stationed at RTC Great Lakes back in the late 80's early 90's. It'd be great to have some Hawks fans down here.

Just thought i would bring this thread back to the top of the list!!!!Any of you JR haters want to recant or revisit your old posts????Maybe some of you guys jumped the gun a little???ya think??? ;)

Nope. I stand by my stance. JR should not have traded Ladd. Not saying Ruutu hasn't been a great pickup, but trading Ladd for him wasn't a smart move.

ruutu fits with the style of offense the canes run, he also adds the physical play Ladd provided inconsistently.

People aren't allowed to disagree with a trade? :rolleyes:

I would like Ruuty to find the back of the net more..he's trying, but it's just not getting there yet.

People aren't allowed to disagree with a trade? :rolleyes:

I would like Ruuty to find the back of the net more..he's trying, but it's just not getting there yet.

oh yes definetly allowed to disagree,,,was more interested in the JR comments that were made.

oh yes definetly allowed to disagree,,,was more interested in the JR comments that were made.

Ah, well anyone who has a head on their shoulders gives JR's moves some time before calling for his head :D

It's just a little shocking to people when JR keeps moving for these slumping players. I think there are some who just think the luck of pulling these guys out of slumps will eventually end. Apparently not though! :lol:

Ah, well anyone who has a head on their shoulders gives JR's moves some time before calling for his head :D

It's just a little shocking to people when JR keeps moving for these slumping players. I think there are some who just think the luck of pulling these guys out of slumps will eventually end. Apparently not though! :lol:

The only time that i'll hope his luck runs out is if he goes to Toronto or any other team for that matter. ;)