The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Patchell84

Goodbye Andrew Ladd, Hello Ruutu

I thought he made a great start tonight, especially after having a crazy day and not time to warm up, give the guy a break!!!!!

...... and no one in our section can pronounce his name, so we were calling him:

ROOTI TOOTI

I liked what I saw tonight from all the new and not so new guys... I think we made a good trade today... Can Corvo give Cole some lessons on puck handling... please...

As for the injury problems you guys are acting like Ladd hasn't had injury problems. The canes traded potential for a player who was struggling in CHI. I'll wait to see if Ruutu brings something the canes need before I criticise his play. So far the canes luck with Chicago castoffs is running at about 50%, hopefully this will tilt the scales to 66%.

Gee, seems to me there was a guy named Samsonov who was struggling in Chicago also. Anyone want to nix that trade now. Get It???

First of all, to the Ladd fans, I feel for you. No one wants to see their favorite player traded. If we all wait long enough, all of our players end up going except for a very select few. We have to appreciate them when they are here 'cause they won't always be here...

Personally, I like the trade. He looked good tonight, it looks like Cole is no longer the Hitmeister of the team. This guy will take that over very quickly. We'll have to see if his offensive upside emerges.

Overall assessment of JR's moves for me is very positive. I like the way he approaches these things systematically, doesn't go too wild, just incrementally improves the team. He is also incrementally adjusting to the changes in the way the NHL is being officiated. Our moves to get more physical have helped. There is no bigger indicator of that than tonight's game against Jersey where we were basically able to match their physicality and in the end, actually apparently wear them down and pin them in their zone for much of the last 10 minutes. I haven't seen us do that with a grinding game in a long time.

One last thing. JR stated he would only make moves which helped the team both long term and short term. Somehow he managed to do this while other teams did not. I don't know how he does it time and time again, if anything he has a disadvantage with the lower self imposed cap. He deserves a lot of credit, IMHO.

I thought he made a great start tonight, especially after having a crazy day and not time to warm up, give the guy a break!!!!!

...... and no one in our section can pronounce his name, so we were calling him:

ROOTI TOOTI

it's "ROO-too" or "ruuty tooty here comes the booty" as i used to call him..

i couldn't really tell from the sopcast feed tonight if he has the same, erm.... distinguishing characteristic he had while he was here. i loved ruuty because you could see him coming a mile away. the way his jersey tucks into the back of his (pardon me for not knowing squat about technical names of hockey equipment) waist pad thingy makes his hiney look HUUUUUGE. :lol:

i'd refer to him as the ruuty booty. :wub:

Gee, seems to me there was a guy named Samsonov who was struggling in Chicago also. Anyone want to nix that trade now. Get It???

Love the guys we have gotten from them. Maybe they just needed to be with the right team. I was happy from the start when we picked Samsonov off waivers because I thought he would be a good fit. Now I'm happy with the Ruutu trade.

Um ... anyone still doubt the trade? I know most of the time you wouldn't say one game doesn't mean anything ... and I'm not saying 5 games from now the thought might be "ok, great first game, but what have you done for me lately." If Ruutu brings that energy and that type of play through March and April, this trade was well worth it. Everyone needs to stop questioning JR and give trades a chance. There were too many to count posts on here about hating this trade, but Jimmy did good with grabbing Samsonov, Corvo and Eaves (had a pretty good game) and now Ruutu. A few solid hits, a penalty, an assist, an awesome snow job on Brodeur and he gave blood. That's a good day folks!

While I did enjoy Ruuto, it's only 1 game. If, IF, he can bring that to the Rags on Thursday, especially on specific players, then I say he was worth it. Maybe JR's thinking is this...

If we get into the playoffs, it's a best of 7 series... if Ruuto, Brookbank, Walker, Cole, etc continue to smash into players... it'll wear em down, injure them, and they'll have less "potential threats" in the series, and whatnot. If it sounds ridiculous, I don't mind. Just a theory.

r-u-u-t-u.

he hasn't even been there a day yet, so i'll let it slide ;)

While I did enjoy "Dude who knocked the daylights out of unsuspecting Devils players", it was only 1 game...

Any better? ;)

Just remember, it's L-a-d-d... 2 D's. Just kiddin' back. :)

While I did enjoy "Dude who knocked the daylights out of unsuspecting Devils players", it was only 1 game...

Any better? ;)

Just remember, it's L-a-d-d... 2 D's. Just kiddin' back. :)

:lol: fair enough, fair enough.

he'd definitely love "dude who knocked the daylights out of unsuspecting ______ players" though. feel free to keep that one going.

I'm beginning to think the Cane the Hawks could use the most is Laviolette! :lol:

Too bad for them he's not available.

Seriously though, we've done so well with so many former Hawks here that just weren't working well in their system.

Thanks Hawks, much appreciated! :D

Now if only we could get some struggling players... that Kane kid, I hear he's not doing so well. And the Toews guy? Bad year I guess... Although Sharpie is doing fair... I wonder if Chicago's contemplating getting rid of those guys? ;):D

Now if only we could get some struggling players... that Kane kid, I hear he's not doing so well. And the Toews guy? Bad year I guess... Although Sharpie is doing fair... I wonder if Chicago's contemplating getting rid of those guys? ;):D

Hmmm...Perhaps we should take those players off their hands. And Byfuglien too. All of them just aren't succeeding in Chicago's system.

But we'll be nice. Kane/Toews/Byfuglien for a 2008 2nd round and a conditional 2009 1st rounder.

Thanks Hawks, much appreciated! :D

you're welcome....... i say with a hint of disdain..... haha, but seriously, i'm glad they're doing well there.

some of my favorite ruutu moments, if anyone is interested-

and a mini scrap against the kings.. check out the replay at about 1:10

(even the king's announcer doesn't think it was a penalty, but naturally he got called for it. a big hit MUST be a penalty, right? :rolleyes: )

-no sound- but still a favorite of mine (since i can't stand jordan tootoo)

, just a little off season fun

hilarious! this one will always make me giggle.

But we'll be nice. Kane/Toews/Byfuglien for a 2008 2nd round and a conditional 2009 1st rounder.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys just made my night! thanks for that laugh....

Congrats to you Canes fans. Ruutie is one of a kind and will be missed dearly by hawk fans like me. I will follow his career cuz he is my fav player and thus will now become a Hurricanes fan. I was able to watch the game on tv and he didn't let me down. He plays with so much heart and that was evident tonight. Good luck Ruutie on your new endeavor in NC!!! I can't wait for you to come to Chicago Mar 12 as I will be there rooting you on.

How popular is this guy in Finland? (if any Finns that recently joined don't mind telling me, kinda curious)

Hello all, You just got one more fan from Finland due yesterday's trades... For Tuomo, you already saw how he is like on ice, and lot of other guys have given quite correct evaluations of him. In Finland he was quite popular when he left to NA, but I think hype has come a bit down after his first season due his injuries... I think now we (Ruutu fans) are just waiting for him to finally get back to the stage and evolve into a player he is supposed to be. Chicago was not a correct place for him.

I hope in Carolina he will be given some offensive role as well, and not just be put checking in 4th line. Of course I also hope he will have a good future in there.

He played 71 games last year and has now played 61 games this year. Maybe another part of the reason that he was traded for is that he has now been relatively healthy for two years AND is a hard-hitting forward. If I am Lavi, I am probably thinking about telling Cole to take it down just a notch to try to keep him healthier and let Ruutu do the majority of the hitting.