The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hopper915

No 3rd Jersey....

As far as I know they said that no one was allowed to use 3rd jerseys THIS year because of the fact they wanted to promote the EDGE jerseys all out but that teams could start using their 3rds next year.

Listen to March 1st for his comments as why. He said it is a decision of the NHL.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=radA427B' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...p;bcid=radA427B[/post]

That's really strange, because that Boston third jersey thing looks pretty definitive. I mean, the stuff that I've heard on two to three other boards is not only consistent but also straight from the source.

As far as I know they said that no one was allowed to use 3rd jerseys THIS year because of the fact they wanted to promote the EDGE jerseys all out but that teams could start using their 3rds next year.

That's what I heard too, the black one is coming next season with the warning flag on it.

That's what I heard too, the black one is coming next season with the warning flag on it.

Exactly. I think I heard it when someone asked if Buffalo could use the vintage jerseys but the NHL said they had to wear the Banana Slug for this year so they could promote the Edge style. Which leads me to believe they are going to design 3rds in the Edge style and release them next season. We shall see I guess?

As much as I love Chuck, I think he is probably wrong in this one. Many teams have already hinted to fans that they are coming out with 3rd jerseys next year. I know the Flyers already told their ticket holders that an orange jersey is on the way next year, and the Bruins have already been having the players test ones out.

Plus, hasn't the N&O already run a couple articles on the new black jerseys for next year?

All I have to say is that for a league trying to get a foothold in the US where they try to get their name and logos out there as much as possible, its pretty stupid if they signed a contract that handcuffed their abilities to do just that.

No actual pictures yet, but it's basically going to look something like this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/CarolinaHurricanes/photo#5103051673186182514' target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/Ca...051673186182514[/post]

my only complaint is the logo... i prefer the current one. oh, and the fact that i just bought a canes jersey. but black jerseys might be nice.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/CarolinaHurricanes/photo#5103051673186182514' target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/Ca...051673186182514[/post]

heheheh... they're are black jersey's out there that use that logo... ask any kid who went to 'Canes camp 3 or 4 years ago to show you theirs! - they may be printed on plain black jerseys, but that's the logo they used, and they're pretty nice looking too... my only beef is that that's a full gale/storm warning, not Hurricane warning (which consists of two flags).

Small craft advisory = single red triangular pennant

Gale = two red triangular pennants

full gale/ storm warning = single red square w/ centered black square

Hurricane = two storm flags

heheheh... they're are black jersey's out there that use that logo... ask any kid who went to 'Canes camp 3 or 4 years ago to show you theirs! - they may be printed on plain black jerseys, but that's the logo they used, and they're pretty nice looking too

Yeah, I'm definitely going to get one. Probably Ruutu, if he keeps his strong play up.

I have talked with a guy who works at the eye at the start of the season and he told me they were going to have a third jersey out bt aug or sept and it is going to be black with the flag on front and hurricane logo on shoulder like the drawing sixnitepkg has.

Without siting any sources, there will indeed be a third jersey out next year unless something happens to delay it yet again.

The Jersey was scheduled to first go in the 04'-05' year (lockout), then put on hold as the league started back up again, and then put on hold yet again for the RBK edge rollout.

This has long been in the works and is not a result of the RBK Edge jersey development. The only thing I am unsure of is if it will get the "ring" that the current jersey's got for the RBK rework above the shoulder pads.

:)

I've been hoping for a black alternate jersey for years, and have always been puzzled by the lack of a 3rd jersey while it seemed everyone else in the league was doing it. I know Carolina doesn't lead the league in jersey sales, but I'm sure that their 3rd jersey would be more aesthetically pleasing than last year's mustard monstrosity out of Nashville, or the Christmas color scheme of Minny's (now their home uni) 3rd jersey.

I've been hoping for a black alternate jersey for years, and have always been puzzled by the lack of a 3rd jersey while it seemed everyone else in the league was doing it. I know Carolina doesn't lead the league in jersey sales, but I'm sure that their 3rd jersey would be more aesthetically pleasing than last year's mustard monstrosity out of Nashville, or the Christmas color scheme of Minny's (now their home uni) 3rd jersey.

Wow you thought that they looked like Santa's Christmas elves playing hockey too? I thought I was the only one

Wow you thought that they looked like Santa's Christmas elves playing hockey too? I thought I was the only one

No you're not the only one. I don't get the whole red and green thing going on.

I know the AHL has the same style jerseys as the NHL does and teams in the AHL have a 3rd jersey. I do not know if it is under a different contract or what but there are 3rd jerseys down here in the AHL.

I know the AHL has the same style jerseys as the NHL does and teams in the AHL have a 3rd jersey. I do not know if it is under a different contract or what but there are 3rd jerseys down here in the AHL.

Is there a picture of their 3rd jersey available? I could not find one.

Anyway, as everything in life goes, and the military taught me..."Hurry up and wait!" There is a possibility that the 3rd jersey is still be decided and that some were made for teams to promote. The contract may stipulate that there will be no 3rd jersey's but contracts can always be re-written.

Especially if it means more money!

my .02! ;)

So a different set of pants for 3rd jersey days, I guess? Seems stupid to have to keep a pair of black pants on hand for every player so they can wear a 3rd jersey a dozen times or so in a season. Yeah, I'm grumpy and don't like the idea of 3rd's so it's a tough sell for me! :) Always thought of them as a "money maker" and I typically don't buy/wear jerseys except to play in. Especially since I'm in Utah now and don't attend home games! My poor 'Canes jersey just sits there in the closet. Last time I wore it, me and my wife were sitting in the living room watching them win a Cup! :) EDIT - I just thought of this....don't the teams traditionally wear a 3rd that goes with their "regular" pants, ie. Chicago, Boston, NYI, NYR, etc....?

So a different set of pants for 3rd jersey days, I guess? Seems stupid to have to keep a pair of black pants on hand for every player so they can wear a 3rd jersey a dozen times or so in a season. Yeah, I'm grumpy and don't like the idea of 3rd's so it's a tough sell for me! :) Always thought of them as a "money maker" and I typically don't buy/wear jerseys except to play in. Especially since I'm in Utah now and don't attend home games! My poor 'Canes jersey just sits there in the closet. Last time I wore it, me and my wife were sitting in the living room watching them win a Cup! :) EDIT - I just thought of this....don't the teams traditionally wear a 3rd that goes with their "regular" pants, ie. Chicago, Boston, NYI, NYR, etc....?

Last season, Vancouver wore a third that had its own pants set.