The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

The Southeast Finale

O.K. boys and girls, it just us and our Southeast rivals from here on out, two games each. Predictions?

I'm feeling a 6-2 finish with one loss each to the Caps and those pesky Bugs.

im going to say 5-2-1...losses to the panthers,caps, (away) and an ot loss against the bolts

7-1 a loss to the Bolt in tampa.....Theres no way we lose to Florida,Atlanta or Washington

Never say never.

I think we can take both Atlanta games. We split with Washington and Tampa. And Florida I think we take 1 and possibly go to OT for the other.

Yeah on that note, I bet we get points taken away from us just for sucking and losing all 8 games so bad

You dare question my negative mojo? :P

On a serious side, I'd say 5-2-1. Losses coming against Tampa (in Tampa), Washington (in Washington), and Florida (in Florida).

I would say 5-3 with a loss to Washington, TB, and Florida. The Caps and Panthers have been playing well as of late, but I think we will edge them out for the Southeast. The thing that scares me is that game in hand Washington has that will be played on April 5th. I hope there is no way they can win the Southeast with that game. Canes look really good right now and I think they can keep it up.

I like IceFrog's 8-0 prediction. From IceFrog??? Seriously?? ;):huh::blink:

I'm gonna say 6-1-1. With the OT/Shootout loss being to Florida, after coming from behind 4-0 in the 3rd period to tie the score. :P And a loss to the Caps in Washington just to get all of worries going again.

I like IceFrog's 8-0 prediction. From IceFrog??? Seriously?? ;):huh::blink:

I'm gonna say 6-1-1. With the OT/Shootout loss being to Florida, after coming from behind 4-0 in the 3rd period to tie the score. :P And a loss to the Caps in Washington just to get all of worries going again.

Like I said, I enjoy being different, playing the devil's advocate and such. Just happens to land me on the negative side of things most of time. ;)

If we can go 4-3-1 we have a 99.3% chance of making the playoffs. We have 3 back to backs coming up, and our HurriRats NHL-AHL combo has to cost us a few games, so I'll go with 4-3-1.

if washington goes 6-3 over 9, they finish with 90 points

if florida finishes 6-2 over 8, they finish with 90

if buffalo finishes 6-3 over 9, they finish with 91

with the tiebreaker, if we just go 4-4 over our last 8, we have 91 points and would beat buffalo on the tiebreaker. in other words, barring miracles from two of these 3 teams, all the canes need to do is finish 4-4 over the remainder of the season. a 4-4 record gives us a 95% chance to make the playoffs says http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern...Hurricanes.html

that said, im going with 6-2.

with the tiebreaker, if we just go 4-4 over our last 8, we have 91 points and would beat buffalo on the tiebreaker.

I'm willing to bet you in that scenario that the Hurricanes would have a 100% chance of making the playoffs and being seeded higher than the Sabres...

with the tiebreaker, if we just go 4-4 over our last 8, we have 91 points and would beat buffalo on the tiebreaker. in other words, barring miracles from two of these 3 teams, all the canes need to do is finish 4-4 over the remainder of the season. a 4-4 record gives us a 95% chance to make the playoffs says http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Southeast/Hurricanes.html' target="_blank">http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern...Hurricanes.html[/post]

that said, im going with 6-2.

Got to like those stats I say 6-2 or or 5-2-1

ps Great site, never saw that before, Had to Bookmark it

Tampa will win in their own building... I think we'll split Caps, only they win in ours and we win in their's... And I think we'll lose one to the red hot Panthers in FL. Maybe I should attend that game. :)

5-3