The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Hey, hey, what'd'ya say...

I was there and saw that as well. Not only did he sign he lagged around long enough to answer anyones questions. He could have just as well left the window rolled up and drove on.

Classy move, from a classy guy.

My wife and I attended the ceremony at the Raleigh City Museum last year. His passion for the Canes and hockey, in general, was evident.

He made it a point to include the kids in the discussion, and even pointed out a goalie who I believe plays with his son.

He has always shown lots of class, and always tells it like it is.

My wife and I attended the ceremony at the Raleigh City Museum last year. His passion for the Canes and hockey, in general, was evident.

He made it a point to include the kids in the discussion, and even pointed out a goalie who I believe plays with his son.

He has always shown lots of class, and always tells it like it is.

A bit off topic, but I recall seeing that Forslund at that Raleigh City Museum event mentioned the Cane's were planning on coming out with a 10th Anniversary DVD. Do you recall him saying that? If so, I wonder what ever happended to that plan...?

The best in the biz today.

he's great, best play-by-play guy out there. he's even good with tripp tracy at his side [i love tripp.]

off topic....i havent said this in a while...but people who think john davidson was a good commentator need new ears. im so glad he took that job in st. louis.

I love him as an announcer(sp?). The one thing I hated about him though was the "Irbe says no!"

It got annoying to me.

GASP. "Irbe says no!" is a classic. I got on the jumbotron like 6 times in a game with that sign.

John and Tripp are the best. Its easy to take them for granted. We have the Center Ice package and some of the announcers are absolutely abyssmal. John and Tripp present the game from a fan's perspective and not so much as employees of the team. They are honest about the play of the Canes good and bad. I think the players appreciate the candor and I know I do. When John does games for Versus it is evident that he really prepares for games.

I found a Tripp Tracy hockey card on Ebay and bought it for my wife and right before game 7 of the finals I showed it to the TV guy that was hosting the pregame with Tripp. They put it on TV and Tripp was gracious enough to autograph it for my wife. He was obviously embarrassed that the attention was being put on him and not the team but I appreciated the way he handled it.

Sorry to Highjack your thread but I just can't say enough about the quality of the announcing team for the Canes. They are fantastic representatives for the team to the community and if you ever want to know how great Chuck Kaiton is just try to listen to the Atlanta Thrashers announcers on the radio.

I agree about the other announcers. My buddy and I were flipping from game to game last night on Center Ice and we were talking about just how much better John and Tripp were compared to everyone else.

I didn't think you "highjacked my thread" with this. I started it as a thanks to John Forslund for doing a nice thing for my daughter but our thanks to our broadcast team (including Chuck) goes to a lot more than that.

I heartily second robbiedon. I, too, have center ice package and watch several games a week. John is by far the best and most honest announcer. Some of the announcers are truly abbysmmal and extremely bias in their analyses, Buffalo and Florida come immediately to mind. We Caniacs are truly fortunate to have such a classy announcer to go along with a number of classy players on the team.

Have always found John to be a classy representative for our sport wherever he is--notice he is doing a lot more national broadcasting lately--he is a great guy and I prize his autograph on my Carolina sweater as much as the rest of the team!!

I agree that John and Tripp are both good announcers and good people. Kind of reflects the whole Carolina attitude around here. Several years ago I went on a tour of the RBC Center (ESA back then) with the Indian Guides, and Tripp bent our ears for a long time in the Canes lockerroom. The kids probably didn't care as much as the adults who appreciated his taking the time.

btw, anyone notice how John keeps checking himself on the "bevy of humanity". He cut himself off the other night.