The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Why not??

I think we should just focus on doing whatever we've been doing. If we start worrying about other teams and trying to do this and that, it will become a distraction. The guys have said before they just worry about themselves. It's enough to handle. :)

Everything seems to be coming together for us to have a shot at this. Ottawa is falling apart, and we just beat New Jersey. I'm not saying it should be a goal or anything, but it's definitely possible if we keep playing as well as we're playing.

17 points out of the remaining last 16 games gets us in the playoffs, even if we lose the division, in my opinion.

17 points out of the remaining last 16 games gets us in the playoffs, even if we lose the division, in my opinion.

That will not be enough to make it without winning the division. In my extremely accurate guess is that the Canes will need 21 points in the last 16 to make it without winning the division.

Winning the conference isn't mathematically impossible, yet. But it would take loosing streaks by Ottawa, Pittsburgh, NJ, and Montreal and the canes winning every game they have left.

Regardless the canes need to play like their trying to win the conference to give themselves a chance in case Washington catches fire.

That is an addictive site. Last night pretty much clinched it for us. We could go 2-4 and still have a 87% chance of making the playoffs.