The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Lindy joins the "dive team"

I watched the play and saw Ruff go berserk on the bench. He was yelling about diving. The call looked right to me. Cross check in the back, man on skates falls down. Hard to stay up when you get hit in the back like that. Quit cryin' Lindy.

This is insane. When will they realize that players take stupid penalties, like cross-checking

No they don't. Any penalties for the Sabres or Panthers are a myth like Bigfoot. :lol: :lol:

Lindy is one of the biggest whiners ever and it is really ridiculous.

Funny, because last time I looked, Ruff currently coaches Derek Roy and used to coach Daniel Briere.

And what I find really funny is that he's complaining even after his team won 7-1.

I hope this guy gets fired sometime soon.

Somebody is still sore from 2006.....

Seriously, I thought the Panthers were bad about complaining about us diving, and now Linda is jumping on board? We really should have a swimming theme at the next Sabres game.

Dude, the guy is dead on. How could someone reasonably fall over when he gets crosschecked in the back, especially when he's already leaning forward? Staal should be suspended for a game for all these stunts he's pulling!

:rolleyes:

Lindy Ruff is a complete fool... Whining incessantly when his team is up 5 goals on the other? Worrying more about what the other team is doing than his own? What a clown

There is a reason why his teams always fail in the playoffs. Some might call it choking, I call it miserable coaching. Never takes accountability for his own team's actions, never tries to change up what his own team is doing. Its always about what the other guys are doing and how it 'injustices' his own team. Its while he's doing mindless things like this where the other coach adjusts to his game and beats the @#$% out of them. Its why Dallas beat them in 1999, its why Philly smoked them every year they had Hasek, its why Carolina eeked out the win in 2006, and its why Ottawa smoked them last year. He's good in the regular season when you don't have to face the same team multiple times in a row, but when he gets into a playoff series, he's a miserable leader and coach. He just relies on the players' skill to win the games, and does nothing on his own to help them out. He is not a champion and never will be a champion because of this.

Some one needs to realize that when you're a coach in the NHL you need to have a certain amount of class and professionalism as well. By using his logic then Ryan Miller should never be knocked down in the crease because last time I checked Miller was a pretty big guy as well. Ruff is a joke.

Message to Linda "crybaby" Ruffles: 2006 was two years ago, get over it. Your team wasn't good enough to win. Your boys put up a good fight, but in the end, the best team won.

Buffalo lives in the past. I mean they still talk about Hull's skate being in the crease and that was how long ago. Linda hates that his team lost to us in the ECF and he is still bitter over it.

If he wants to see dives all he has to do is watch his own player in Derek Roy and his ex-player in Danielle Briere.

"He's a big man that I feel doesn't need to go down as many times."

Lets see you get out there on the ice and have a player cross check you from behind, Id bet youd fall down every single time and probably whine about that too. Very childish accusations, your team won 7-1 what are you complaining about? I dont think any one team dives any more than any other team, and I also think that there is no team that NEVER dives. All teams probably have a player who will do it once in a while. I would like to see how many Diving penalties have been called on every team by the end of the year, because I can only remember one or two being called on the Canes (One shouldnt have been called on that game vs FLA where that guy tackled Justin Williams from behind but then got called for diving :blink: )

*cough derekroy cough*

thank you, thank you.

game 5, derek roy dives like a little girl, it leads to a goal.

game 6, derek roy flops all over the ice in overtime, quite literally a swan dive, no call, danny briere scores within 5 seconds [no really, immediately after].

i cant stand this lindy ruff.

thank you, thank you.

game 5, derek roy dives like a little girl, it leads to a goal.

game 6, derek roy flops all over the ice in overtime, quite literally a swan dive, no call, danny briere scores within 5 seconds [no really, immediately after].

i cant stand this lindy ruff.

being from buffalo i see roy dive alot ..i mean it helps our team to draw penalties but i dislike diving so much and thats something i do not like about roy.

What more could you expect from Linda Ruff? He's as much of a whiner as Martin. Irregardless if Staal is a 'diver' or not, every team has players who do it from time to time. For Linda to whine about diving in a game where they trampled on the Canes, just shows he's nothing but a cry baby and is still sore from their last 2 trips to the ECF and failing. CRY MORE, RUFF. NOONE CARES.

Some one needs to realize that when you're a coach in the NHL you need to have a certain amount of class and professionalism as well. By using his logic then Ryan Miller should never be knocked down in the crease because last time I checked Miller was a pretty big guy as well. Ruff is a joke.

Ryan Miller weighs 160 lbs.

I did not realize that. NHL has him listed as 6'2" 166 lbs. Cam is listed as 6'1" 200 lbs. Miller should stop playing all together, he might get broken... LOL

haha, you really wouldn't realize it just looking at him with his equipment on. I just always thinks its funny when people talk about him being a big goalie, which is true in the sense that he is fairly tall and tries to use that in his game, but at the same time he is essentially a walking toothpick. lol

I wonder if they could get Lindy to comment on why he played Eric Staal and Justin Williams so little as the East All Star coach in 2007?

The 2008 MVP was one of the lower TOI guys under Lindy.

Maybe we should send him some cheese with his whine.

What a whiner.

But hey, If Lindy wants to waste his time whining about things like this, and yelling at our players instead of coaching his own, then let him do it.