The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Lindy joins the "dive team"

It still disgusts me to think that he got the Jack Adams over Lavi.

Oh I know, Lavi is such a better coach than him, and actually has class. Linda had probably never heard the word class before.....

My buddy and I were watching the game, and I had just said how funny it was to see Ruff get all worked up. It looks like he could use a little anger management training.

Ruff is trying to get the calls in the next game. Thinks he is getting in the refs head and all that. The thing is that it worked for Florida, so why not try it? He is annoying though.

The NHL is also annoying though. Part of the new NHL was to call a bunch of diving calls, and early on they were calling them. I can't remember a Canes game recently where there were any diving calls for either team. Just don't seem to care about calling them anymore. So, there will be a rise in diving. Then there will be a conference call, then there will be about 80 diving calls, then they won't call it anymore, then....repeat.

Ruff is trying to get the calls in the next game. Thinks he is getting in the refs head and all that. The thing is that it worked for Florida, so why not try it? He is annoying though.

The NHL is also annoying though. Part of the new NHL was to call a bunch of diving calls, and early on they were calling them. I can't remember a Canes game recently where there were any diving calls for either team. Just don't seem to care about calling them anymore. So, there will be a rise in diving. Then there will be a conference call, then there will be about 80 diving calls, then they won't call it anymore, then....repeat.

OV got called for either yesterday or the day before. :o

OV got called for either yesterday or the day before. :o

Maybe just not happening in Canes games, and since we are supposidly the diving champs, it just seems like diving calls have taken a di...no I can't do it. But is there any way to track that league wide?

While I'm on it, is there a good source for player stats like faceoff %, hits, stuff like that?

Maybe just not happening in Canes games, and since we are supposidly the diving champs, it just seems like diving calls have taken a di...no I can't do it. But is there any way to track that league wide?

While I'm on it, is there a good source for player stats like faceoff %, hits, stuff like that?

NHL.com

they have a commerical on it :P

Ruff works the officials. He's thinking games ahead, but he's just trying to get in their heads and in our team's heads.

He's a different style from Lavi, no doubt. But he's a good coach.

And I hate him. For all the reasons he wants me to hate him. Mostly I hate when the Canes have to face his team, they play too good for the talent they have.

I do agree with Model though, I don't believe his style can go all the way, it eventually fails.

He's a different style from Lavi, no doubt. But he's a good coach.

Really? What has he accomplished in his coaching career? The only thing he will ever be known for is a cry baby. He needs to concetrate on his own team before hes starts criticizing somebody elses. JMO

Really? What has he accomplished in his coaching career? The only thing he will ever be known for is a cry baby. He needs to concetrate on his own team before hes starts criticizing somebody elses. JMO

Jack Adams? Longest tenured coach in NHL history (I believe)? He's got to be doing something right to earn both of those.

As much as it is painful for me to admit, Lindy Ruff is a good coach.

Is he a jerk? Yup.

Did he deserve the Jack Adams the year Coach Lav took a team projected at 28th to win the Cup? No.

But Lindy is errrm Lindy. I only regret he hasnt contacted Theodore for his supplier of Rogaine.

heh heh

Jack Adams? Longest tenured coach in NHL history (I believe)? He's got to be doing something right to earn both of those.

For a while, Paul Maurice was the longest tenured coach in the NHL, and he got the Canes to the Finals just as many times as Ruff has gotten the Sabres there...

IMHO, Ruff is one of the most overrated coaches in the NHL. The Sabres should have steamrolled their way to the Cup last year and they were embarrassed in the ECF. Ruff spends too much time whining and complaining about what the other team is doing than actually trying to coach up his own team. He is a distraction to his own players. Instead of accepting how things are and trying to coach to overcome them, he'd rather whine to the media and make excuses to why the other team has an unfair advantage. That is not the mark of a good coach, that is the mark of someone who is completely spoiled and clueless to how to adapt to differing styles of play and to adapt to the opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

Bang on Model bang on.

Latest example was before the game Friday and he was whining about the injuries. He was whining like they just lost the game talking about how its hard to put out a line up with all the injuries. Um Linda meet Lavi. He's had to deal with a revolving door of injuries all year and he not once used injuries as an excuse. Even in the bad times of Nov-Jan, not once did Lavi use injuries as an excuse.

Linda is so concerned about what other teams are doing that he can't even coach his own team. And can you please pick a captain, its really not that hard. The whole captain of the month thing bugs me and I don't know why.

Wow, Neely drilled him and Linda went down and started covering every part of his body that he could.

I think it would be appropriate given Lindy's incessant whining for fans to bring baby rattles for the home game against Buffalo. I think Lindy is a coaching disaster, but the Buffalo team has real talent.

He's a little man who hopefully won't be seen in the playoffs. His team is on the ragged edge and he feels the need to blame anyone and anything but himself (a poor craftsman blames his tools)...even when they win. Given slug fan behavior, slug fans and linda deserve each other! Can't stand either of them. Too bad too, because they actually have some talent on the team. <_<

This is insane. When will they realize that players take stupid penalties, like cross-checking

I was at that game and that happened right in front of me I sat on the glass right beside the Sabers bench and it was right in front of me,and just so everyone knows,Staal let Ruff have it,it was awsome.....