The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Lindy joins the "dive team"

If you want to see consistency in Linda's whining, just search "lindy ruff" on U tube. There are sooo many post game interviews where he's just cry baby, it's ridiculous. As for his being a good coach, I 'd give him credit for being and average coach. I think his win percentage is just about in the middle of all active coaches. With what he's had talent wise, I think he should have had a higher percentage, if he were a good coach.

I posted it last page. I guess Meds post did not hold water :(:P JK

I loved it. seeing the crybaby get pummelled

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, i was coincidently looking for Cam Neely highlight reel goals and came across the video and recalled this thread. I'll delete my post with the video clip in it, my mistake, you posted it first.

It is interesting how what many times is simply Lindy explaining that injuries can take a toll on your team and what not, you all see as pathetic whining and excuse making...I really don't understand...

It is interesting how what many times is simply Lindy explaining that injuries can take a toll on your team and what not, you all see as pathetic whining and excuse making...I really don't understand...

Probably because everyone in the Canes organization refuses to use injuries as an excuse. Carolina's been struck much harder than Buffalo in the injury department, yet you'll never see Lavi or any of the players use injuries as a reason to why they lost.

Like IceFrog said. Lavi even goes so far as to say Doesn't matter who else is out, we have enough guys to pick up the slack.

It's just a completely different attitude it seems with the way they handle certain things.

Like IceFrog said. Lavi even goes so far as to say Doesn't matter who else is out, we have enough guys to pick up the slack.

It's just a completely different attitude it seems with the way they handle certain things.

Lavi is quite confident when it comes to players getting injured but I definitely find that Ruff is just not confident enough when it comes to the Sabres!

But I think it's hard to have confidence in your players when you've been 1st in the East and still haven't made it to the damn finals!Because it's easier for Lavi to say our other players can pick up the slack when you've seen what they can do(win a cup)but I think Lindy is doubting the Sabres just a little to much!

Because Lavi doesn't even mention injuries. When he's asked about the injuries all he says is that it doesn't matter who is in the line up, he still expects a work ethic out of his guys and he expects them to put forth 100% effort and expects his team to compete no matter who is dressed and who isnt.

Take this as an example: Presidant's day we had a game in Jersey. The flu was with the team for the 2nd time. We had guys puking on the bench (well one just ended up having food poisoning), we got pummeled. Not once in the press conference or afterwards, did Lavi use the flu or injuries as an excuse his response to that stinker of a game was that the guys didn't have the work ethic and they didn't compete.

But Lindy doesn't use injuries as an excuse. Where are these quotes? This is what I don't understand. I hear him before and after every single game and usually he is ASKED about guys being injured and therefore has to speak about it. He doesn't just come out and say, "Well we have guys injured..." I have many times heard him say things like, "Doesn't matter, we have to be better" or "other guys just have to step up then." He says the team plays poorly all the time, and takes responsibility many times as well, I will hear him say "that's something that's my fault." This is what doesn't make sense to me. I am not trying to say that Lindy is perfect, it's just that this one particular injury thing never makes sense to me.

I know that no one's going to like this but I have to agree with Ruff. Staal's nickname amongst many fans is "Subs". He takes more dives than a submarine. With all due respect I have NEVER seen a man as big as him get knocked down by so many little guys giving him little taps or just having the wind from someone skating by just blow him over.

Let's be real. Seriously, watch him and you will be only able to agree.

It really detracts from the many fine and positive attributes that he has as a player.

I think it would be appropriate given Lindy's incessant whining for fans to bring baby rattles for the home game against Buffalo. I think Lindy is a coaching disaster, but the Buffalo team has real talent.

What a great idea,,keep that in mind for future Buffalo games..(start that in a thread before next game,,,can you imagine how funny that would be hearing 10 thousand rattles,,,,,I'M GAME)

I know that no one's going to like this but I have to agree with Ruff. Staal's nickname amongst many fans is "Subs". He takes more dives than a submarine. With all due respect I have NEVER seen a man as big as him get knocked down by so many little guys giving him little taps or just having the wind from someone skating by just blow him over.

It really detracts from the many fine and positive attributes that he has as a player.

I was just "trolling" down through the posts when low and behold, I hooked one. The name, Hotbed of Hockey, almost fooled me into thinking this guy was from the Triangle area, home of the Canes. As a break from watching Linda whine vids, I would be willing to invest some time in looking at the vids of Staal going down from little taps or from some opponent passing gas as they skated by, if HoH has them.

Not many playres are 6-4 and weigh as little as Staal weighed his first years in the league. Since Staal has added some muscle to that frame and learned the old addage, 'It's better to give than receive', he seems to be causing the "dives."

I see from the above post, the 'fans' whine abit as well as Ruff. :wacko:

I was just "trolling" down through the posts when low and behold, I hooked one. The name, Hotbed of Hockey, almost fooled me into thinking this guy was from the Triangle area, home of the Canes. As a break from watching Linda whine vids, I would be willing to invest some time in looking at the vids of Staal going down from little taps or from some opponent passing gas as they skated by, if HoH has them.

Not many playres are 6-4 and weigh as little as Staal weighed his first years in the league. Since Staal has added some muscle to that frame and learned the old addage, 'It's better to give than receive', he seems to be causing the "dives."

I see from the above post, the 'fans' whine abit as well as Ruff. :wacko:

I don't mean to start anything, and believe me, I am no fan of Derek Roy's antics, but he is quite small...so by your logic...

It's kind of hard to tell from a seat or a couch just how "little" those taps are. As for the wind, I guess that depends on what they guy had for luch that day. :lol:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, i was coincidently looking for Cam Neely highlight reel goals and came across the video and recalled this thread. I'll delete my post with the video clip in it, my mistake, you posted it first.

I was only kidding, you did not have to delete it :D

It is great that we both thought of Ruff getting pummeled ;)

I watched the play and saw Ruff go berserk on the bench. He was yelling about diving. The call looked right to me. Cross check in the back, man on skates falls down. Hard to stay up when you get hit in the back like that. Quit cryin' Lindy.

I saw it too. I also had it on with the surround sound up. That is when I realized that Ruff truly had no class as you could hear him plain as day. He yelled at the ref, then turned his attention to Staal and said, "Stay on your feet you %$&*g @#!" over and over again. I know coaches yell at refs and their own players, but to personally insult a player on the other team with such foul language was, in my opinion, pretty "classless". Is that a word? :)

I saw it too. I also had it on with the surround sound up. That is when I realized that Ruff truly had no class as you could hear him plain as day. He yelled at the ref, then turned his attention to Staal and said, "Stay on your feet you fu%$&*g p@#sy!" over and over again. I know coaches yell at refs and their own players, but to personally insult a player on the other team with such foul language was, in my opinion, pretty "classless". Is that a word? :)

With all this said could someone please explain this to me,, If a player can be given a penalty for cursing/yelling at a ref,, why not a coach? Especially when he yells such things at a player, there's just no excuse for it. They're supossed to be professional. Granted most coaches are, but there are the few like Ruffles that need to be slapped when he does this stuff! I don't understand why they could not hand out an un-sportsman like penalty to Ruffles when he does @#$% like this. Would that not be great, his head would probably explode :lol:

Would those fans happen to reside in sourthern Florida and western NY?

I don't mean to start anything, and believe me, I am no fan of Derek Roy's antics, but he is quite small...so by your logic...

And it doesn't change the fact the Staal was cross checked and there was no dive on the play. A cross check is a crosschek, and when its taken in the back, its hard to embellish.

There ws no reason for Linda to act like that. He's supposed to be proffesional, not a two year-old throwing a tantrum.

You guys know that Ruff used to be an assistant coach for the panthers during their early days before he took over in Buffalo, right? ;)

Ruff is a miserable man. Going back to the night he was complaining about Staal to the media, he took attention away from a great performance that his team just had and put it back on himself. That is one selfish act, instead of talking about your team, your players, and their big win. He takes center stage and shows everyone how much of a classless idiot he is. Its no wonder why players can't wait to get the hell out of Buffalo as soon as they become free agents. Though Buffalo itself is a pretty miserable place (notice that about half its' population has moved to Raleigh), its no where near as miserable as Ruff himself.

What else would you expect from teams like Buffalo and Florida this season who are either on the bottom of being in the playoffs or not in the playoffs...they have to find other people to blame instead of their own messups.

They can keep saying what they want, and let it hurt their team, and we can keep winning and go to the playoffs :)