The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

CBS Sports "Beware of Hurricanes season"

oooh nice article! i never realized what our stats were since roddy went down.

oh man, going back to november/december i never would've thought we had a chance at making the playoffs...sorry, i'm not the most optimistic person on the planet haha. i'm glad the guys proved me wrong

Awesome. Glad to hear we're getting some recognition. Normally, I don't like Hurricane season. This time around, I'm fully enjoying it. :)

;) The warning is for those who think this Canes team is the same team that had the bad run in the middle of the schedule when we were dealing with the flu, injuries, and Cam in a slump. It is easy to look at our record and think we are a pushover. BTW don't go to that site and read the comments without your blood pressure meds. :P

It's funny how everybody bashes the SE. Just wait, three more years everybody will think it's the toughest division in the league IMO.

Its funny how those who bash the Canes and the SE are completely ignorant to what the Canes' record is against other divisions, and how many teams in the SE would be playoff bound if the Canes weren't taking it over like they are...

"The Canes wouldn't be in the playoff picture if they weren't in their division"

These people don't look into things. We're pretty damn good against teams NOT in our division. Except the Panthers, but who isn't? Anyways, if we were in any other division in the east, we would still be looking at the 6th - 8 spot, which would be a playoff picture. And that's not considering that we would be playing alot more games against teams we play better against. (instead of 8 games against division rivals that we are okay against, we'd play 4 against them, and 8 against teams we have played above average against, like the Boston Bruins)

I liked the article, then read the comments. One guy supposedly posted that said he was a hockey writer in Jersey saying we are lucky to be in the playoffs,, were in the Southeast blah blah. Point of the article is not really about how awesome we are for leading the division, its about how we managed to play awesome hockey despite the injuries, so a lot of those comments I read (and you can check them if you want and respond) were very close-minded.

Interesting article. Was somewhat surprised by the statement that we have the best overall team speed in the league. I would have thought we were near the top, but would not have thought we were #1 in that regard. Imagine where we would be if we had a 90% PK (or even 85%) all year.

I think the Canes are poised for a decent playoff run, but the east is looking pretty tough right about now. Hopefully this new found fire does not fizzle out by the time Round 1 rolls around. Regardless, I am definately making the trip down to NC for the playoffs.