The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
indaboardz

Playoff tix on sale Monday 3/24

Does anyone know how scheduling works when it comes to purchasing playoff tickets? I want to go for the first time, and I know that they go on sale the 24th, but how does one select dates when the matchups aren't even available yet? For example, I want to go to Game 1 of round one (or game 3 if that's our first home game), so how do I make sure that those are the tickets I'm getting instead of for another game? Thanks

FA

Does anyone know how scheduling works when it comes to purchasing playoff tickets? I want to go for the first time, and I know that they go on sale the 24th, but how does one select dates when the matchups aren't even available yet? For example, I want to go to Game 1 of round one (or game 3 if that's our first home game), so how do I make sure that those are the tickets I'm getting instead of for another game? Thanks

FA

the tickets will say "Round 1 Game 1 (or whatever game)", it is sorta hit or miss on dates - you have to purchase them and hope they are on a date you can go. the only thing that is certain is two home and two away games.

So what about 10 game plan holders? I have a full season and a 24 I have paid for and a 10 that I have not heard about yet. Does anyone know? I thought all got priority.

So what about 10 game plan holders? I have a full season and a 24 I have paid for and a 10 that I have not heard about yet. Does anyone know? I thought all got priority.

10 and 24 gamers are treated the same.

10 and 24 gamers are treated the same.

Not according to the invoice online

07-08 Playoff Rnds 1&2

Section 3XX, Row E, Seat 10 (1 Seat) 1 US $280.00 US $280.00

07-08 Playoff Rnds 1&2 Handling Fee

(1 item) 1 US $10.00 US $10.00

I also could have sworn that I got an e-mail or letter in the mail saying that they has accidentally said that the 10 was in the same payment as the 24 but that was not the case and I would hear more later.

So, assuming we do NOT have home ice advantage, can we at least speculate on what nights our games will be? I can only go to weekend games (out of town fan, here) and I'm desperate to get tickets, but a weeknight game just won't work for me.

So, assuming we do NOT have home ice advantage, can we at least speculate on what nights our games will be? I can only go to weekend games (out of town fan, here) and I'm desperate to get tickets, but a weeknight game just won't work for me.

We WILL Have Home Ice Advantage for the 1st Round (If we stay a 3 seed, which we should)

We will play the 6 seed in the 1st round. (right now that would be the NY Rangers)

If this is how it stays...Round 1 would look like this...April 8th (NHL says that is when playoffs start, but would assume not all the playoff games)...could be Game 1...or will they wait till April 9th?)

Game 1: @ Carolina

Game 2: @ Carolina

Game 3: @ NY R

Game 4: @ NY R

Game 5: @ Carolina

Game 6: @ NY R

Game 7: @ Carolina

The first playoff game is on the April 8th in the NHL---the brackets not out yet of course. Each category of STH payed less for their seats each:

In my section (Upper goal zone) the full season ticket holders paid $180.00 for their seats each for rounds 1 & 2, the 24 game plan paid $240.00 and 10 game paid $280 or $300. The full season & 24 game plan was guaranteed their seats and the 10 game was guaranteed an area close to their request for their price range and given priority over people coming in on the 24th and buying tickets for the same price. This is a link to common questions and answers for playoff tickets:

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...ge&id=20523

This link answers every question that was asked on this thread.

They didn't answer 1 of my questions (they did answer many others though)

My 1 question is...

Will they still take "Military Discount" for Playoff Tickets?

We WILL Have Home Ice Advantage for the 1st Round (If we stay a 3 seed, which we should)

We will play the 6 seed in the 1st round. (right now that would be the NY Rangers)

But we are only third seed because we are top of our division... does our record come into play? The Rangers have a better record than us, so wouldn't they have home ice advantage, even though they are sixth? (We have the same number of points, but they've played 2 less games)

"But we are only third seed because we are top of our division... does our record come into play? The Rangers have a better record than us, so wouldn't they have home ice advantage, even though they are sixth? (We have the same number of points, but they've played 2 less games)"

"Division Winners" ALWAYS get Home Ice Advantage regardless of record/points.

yeah im the same with college in a different state. i will only be able to go to friday-sunday games and its killing me. im hoping that we start on the 9th and game 2 wont be until the 11th or 12th....

is it just me or does it seem like so many playoff tickets are still available? i got mine right at 10 am (used to 2002 playoffs and 2006 playoffs). are they not going as well as planned? seems like a lot are still available. what is the deal?

yeah im the same with college in a different state. i will only be able to go to friday-sunday games and its killing me. im hoping that we start on the 9th and game 2 wont be until the 11th or 12th....

Your in luck b/c the playoffs don't start until April 9th so the 2nd game will be either the 11th or 12th.

Grabbed this off of TSN

Apr. 6: Regular Season ends; Apr. 9: Stanley Cup Playoffs Begin

And did anyone notice that on the tickets they have Game #1, #2, #5, and #7. I hope they aren't jinxing us with us. And I believe we are the only team that has individual tickets on sale now.

Your in luck b/c the playoffs don't start until April 9th so the 2nd game will be either the 11th or 12th.

Grabbed this off of TSN

And did anyone notice that on the tickets they have Game #1, #2, #5, and #7. I hope they aren't jinxing us with us. And I believe we are the only team that has individual tickets on sale now.

Probally because we don't have as good of sales as many other teams.