The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes06cup17

Kitty cats still whining about diving

Based on all those empty ugly green seats I see on television, I didn't know they had enough fans to support a message board.

Probably the players themselves or family members posting trying to make a good "show" :lol:

Their fans made a huge deal of this when we played them in December. Their beat reporter wrote up a huge article and demanded the NHL clamp down on our "diving". Needless to say, the refs heavily influenced that game, calling 2 diving penalties on us which I believe led to 2 Florida PP goals. Granted they are on an impressive 7 game win streak but its ridiculous to resort to this to try and win.

Does this really matter? Do we really care what excuses they come up with?

Ignore it and focus on the Canes, not Panther fans.

Scary, but I've got to agree with you 100% Frog! :lol: Focus on our game, our gameplan and the rest will come. BTW, still think it's messed up they rate us #30 PK. Just keep underestimating us! :rolleyes:

Scary, but I've got to agree with you 100% Frog! :lol: Focus on our game, our gameplan and the rest will come. BTW, still think it's messed up they rate us #30 PK. Just keep underestimating us! :rolleyes:

It's not a rating. Nobody votes on the what ranking they think our penalty killing is in the league. It's how we have performed statistically in the league. We have the #30Pk becuase we have the worst killing percentage in the NHL.

It's not a rating. Nobody votes on the what ranking they think our penalty killing is in the league. It's how we have performed statistically in the league. We have the #30Pk becuase we have the worst killing percentage in the NHL.

Fair enough, stats is stats, but looking at our recent success and our road PK% vs home, just seems we'd be better. Once again, a reason to underestimate us. Also, the Ottowa game aside, seems they're calling fewer penalties than earlier in the season. Don't know if it's officiating letting them play or guys have adapted to the new NHL. Either way, I'll put our PK against anyone right now. Just observations and opinions. ;)

Fair enough, stats is stats, but looking at our recent success and our road PK% vs home, just seems we'd be better. Once again, a reason to underestimate us. Also, the Ottowa game aside, seems they're calling fewer penalties than earlier in the season. Don't know if it's officiating letting them play or guys have adapted to the new NHL. Either way, I'll put our PK against anyone right now. Just observations and opinions. ;)

Even Montreal? I thought they were burning up the PP.?? AT least they did last time we played them if i rememeber correctly?

Take the high road folks. We're sitting fairly comfortably in the playoffs as the division leader and they're fighting for their playoff life. Isnt that satisfying enough?

Lets take a page from our coach and just ignore all those that want to use excuses and blame everyone and everything else for their team's performance. This game might be the biggest game of their season but for us, its just another game that will validate our place in the standings.

And a reminder......

If trolls come to bait us, do not reply so we can take care of them quickly without having to admonish one of our own. If you reply or bait a troll, you too will receive a warning or suspension.

Take the high road folks. We're sitting fairly comfortably in the playoffs as the division leader and they're fighting for their playoff life. Isnt that satisfying enough?

Lets take a page from our coach and just ignore all those that want to use excuses and blame everyone and everything else for their team's performance. This game might be the biggest game of their season but for us, its just another game that will validate our place in the standings.

And a reminder......

If trolls come to bait us, do not reply so we can take care of them quickly without having to admonish one of our own. If you reply or bait a troll, you too will receive a warning or suspension.

And a reminder......

i wonder if vokoun can dance as bad as eddie b.???? :lol: j/k

Even Montreal? I thought they were burning up the PP.?? AT least they did last time we played them if i rememeber correctly?

Dec 8: 5-1 Canes? Montreal has been hot but...Again just opinions and observations.

They're starting to remind me of Buffalo fan's crying and complaining about everything, not our fault we have more SPEED than them causing them to take penalty's. When was the last time they made the playoff's and how many cup's do they have? Along time and 0

This was on Lukes Blog:

Jacques brings the cheese, too

Jacques Martin is at it again. Apparently, he's one of only two people out there who aren't tired of this story line.

Since Martin found a ref who would listen to him earlier this season

This was on Lukes Blog:

Jacques brings the cheese, too

Jacques Martin is at it again. Apparently, he's one of only two people out there who aren't tired of this story line.

Since Martin found a ref who would listen to him earlier this season