The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesfan06

Eaves out for 2-3 with shoulder surgery

I wouldn't blame the conditioning on many of our injuries this year. Look how many lost games have been due to concussions and also by broken bones (LaRose's leg and Ladd's orbital). There isn't any conditioning in the world that can help those things.

it's just amazing how unhealthy the Canes are, which got me thinking about the "man games lost to injury list" which you all should take a look at : 'Official' man games lost list

note that it is 10 days old, but i cant imagine that those standings have changed any at this point in the season. Still interesting to see where we stand, i would have thought we'd be #1 of course - but we don't need to be #1 on that list.

Nevertheless, I think the boys can still compete against any team in the conference.

The only team that worries me are the Pens.

pens? bah! better get afraid of the Habs... they've owned us this year and are even better than when we played them last...

I came home early from work today and Luke DeCock had it posted in his blog in the early afternoon. Makes you wonder about the "flu" excuse for being out of Tuesday night's lineup.

We've done this before. Considering how long it takes a guy to recover from the flu and get back to 100%, it's just as likely that they decided to scope the shoulder knowing that he's not going to be physically ready to play effectively for a couple of weeks anyway.

I don't buy the "flu" excuse for the scratch. Otherwise, there is no way he'd be having a procedure done today, too much risk of infection and poor recovery. That makes me think twice about the severity of the injury. If it's not a "Rotor Rooter" clean it up type, I think he's gone for the rest of the season. But I still question if he'd be able to take a hit on the shoulder after a scope. I've had both knees done, broken nose fixed twice and even had a torn heart valve repaired and my rotator cuff surgery was by far the most painful and the longest recovery ( it took a lot to convince my mind that my body just wasn't able to keep playing aggressive hockey). Hate to be pessimistic here, but I think he may be out for more than two weeks.

I don't buy the "flu" excuse for the scratch. Otherwise, there is no way he'd be having a procedure done today, too much risk of infection and poor recovery. That makes me think twice about the severity of the injury. If it's not a "Rotor Rooter" clean it up type, I think he's gone for the rest of the season. But I still question if he'd be able to take a hit on the shoulder after a scope. I've had both knees done, broken nose fixed twice and even had a torn heart valve repaired and my rotator cuff surgery was by far the most painful and the longest recovery ( it took a lot to convince my mind that my body just wasn't able to keep playing aggressive hockey). Hate to be pessimistic here, but I think he may be out for more than two weeks.

I asked earlier in the thread if there was any recourse if the severity of Eaves injury was kept from us. I am not looking for either Commodore or Stiller back, but I meant in terms of compensation for dishonesty. I know in some other sports that if the full extent of an injury isn't disclosed, there is either financial compensation or the trade is voided. Considering that I figure, most of the Sens fans what love to have Corvo Gold back, I don't want that option. He has been a big boost to our PP. But there should be some penalty to the Sens if they did fully disclose the extent of his shoulder injury.

K~

How bout we just meet up with them in the first round and knock them out of the playoffs? I think that would certainly even the score.

How bout we just meet up with them in the first round and knock them out of the playoffs? I think that would certainly even the score.

Aw come on guys...I think that Rutherford fully knew what he was getting! I still think that Eaves is a great player and that because of his age he'll come back to haunt Ottawa in a year or two. I feel for Pat, he's been hit with Murphy's law in a big way this year...maybe we can take Eaves back if you take Commie back...LOL!