The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Injury Update

It sounds to me like Matt is having actual vision problems. He says he feels fine physically and that he is great in practice, but it is just a problem focusing. I am wondering if the whiplash of getting knocked around did something to mess it up...which is different then it being a post-concussion syndrome...if that makes sense. :unsure:

If Cullen is going to be out for a while I don't understand why Stillman doesn't fill in as third line center. It is his natural position and I believe it would give us a more balanced attack.

Stiller's a left wing. I'd say bring Aucoin back up 'cause he actually was putting up points on the third line.

If he plays anywhere in the NHL, Aucoin should be on the fourth-line. Set him between LaRose and Letowski and see what happens, they could be a productive trio if the chemistry that LaRose and Letowski have developed these last couple of weeks is able to sustain. As for the third-line, I think you just have to work with what the team has on the roster and hope Cullen is able to return soon. If it looks like he will be out a little longer than expected, I think you need to look out on the market and see what one would cost.

Aucoin did pretty well when the Canes had the flu. He did step up a bit, and did a good enough job to earn another stint here I think. I also believe he is a +6 with us, which is pretty impressive and probably better than any other forward on the team.

No he won't replace what Matt does, but neither will anyone the Canes try and find on the market to play their 3rd line. Of course it is a tough situation, cause we have no real idea of how long he could be out anyways.

Aucoin did pretty well when the Canes had the flu. He did step up a bit, and did a good enough job to earn another stint here I think. I also believe he is a +6 with us, which is pretty impressive and probably better than any other forward on the team.

No he won't replace what Matt does, but neither will anyone the Canes try and find on the market to play their 3rd line. Of course it is a tough situation, cause we have no real idea of how long he could be out anyways.

IMO if Culley doesn't come back soon, we will not make the playoffs. He is really a great all around player, including the PP. Get well soon Matt!!

Tanabe isn't even skating. His season is basically done, unless the fog clears really soon.

I am guessing if Tanabe comes back it would be very near the end of the season. Seems to me the severity of his concussion was that of Patrice Bergeron...who likewise is out for the season :(

That really sucks for David. I thought he was having a really great start to the season and since he was frequently a whipping boy for me last season, I was really looking forward to seeing him progress. :(

That really sucks for David. I thought he was having a really great start to the season and since he was frequently a whipping boy for me last season, I was really looking forward to seeing him progress. :(

Well hopefully he can just focus on getting 110% healthy for the rest of the season and good news, we still have him next season so here's to hoping he continues that progress!! :D

Well hopefully he can just focus on getting 110% healthy for the rest of the season and good news, we still have him next season so here's to hoping he continues that progress!! :D

so we get to abuse him next season then!!!

Oye. I hope the versus guys misheard that.

I would hope so, but the way Rosey was screaming and the way he went into the boards....there is no way it is something any better.

I would hope so, but the way Rosey was screaming and the way he went into the boards....there is no way it is something any better.

Yeah it looked bad. Probably is a broken leg but hopefully he somehow escaped with something less serious.

Nah he's done for the year though I hope they keep Keith up for the rest of the season because he brought a lot of energy in that 1st period and he's been tearing it up in Albany, maybe he can take over for Rosey as the "energy guy"

Nah he's done for the year though I hope they keep Keith up for the rest of the season because he brought a lot of energy in that 1st period and he's been tearing it up in Albany, maybe he can take over for Rosey as the "energy guy"

i sure hope so.. and this also ruined my night..