The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Injury Update

Jeff Hamilton should be called Jeff "Cat" Hamiilton - he's got 9 lives around here - everytime we get close to writing him off for good something happens that keeps him alive just a little while longer.

:( ...poor guy.

Jeff Hamilton should be called Jeff "Cat" Hamiilton - he's got 9 lives around here - everytime we get close to writing him off for good something happens that keeps him alive just a little while longer.

Hopefully we call up Nolan :P

Seriously this team has the worst luck with injuries. I believe Hartford put a voodoo hex on this team b/c as far as I can remember this team has always battled with injuries every single season.

Hopefully we call up Nolan :P

Seriously this team has the worst luck with injuries. I believe Hartford put a voodoo hex on this team b/c as far as I can remember this team has always battled with injuries every single season.

So, we give 'em the kitty cats, and they lift the curse.

any word on what type of break it is? i mean hairline would give him a shot of returning this season, but if its worse (which i suspect) then i guess we can look forward to next season.

And on top of losing LaRose, we lose and Washington wins. I think that means we are 9th now, they are a point ahead, and have 2 games in hand. Even when Cammy plays insanely great, the offense never shows up. God, we are soooooooo unlucky.

And on top of losing LaRose, we lose and Washington wins. I think that means we are 9th now, they are a point ahead, and have 2 games in hand. Even when Cammy plays insanely great, the offense never shows up. God, we are soooooooo unlucky.

Nope.

Canes and Atlanta both lost so they still have 56 points.

Caps and Florida both won, so they now have 55 points.

As of today we still keep the 3rd spot in the EC, however, I don't foresee that sticking much longer. I think Caps have a good lead within the week.

any word on what type of break it is? i mean hairline would give him a shot of returning this season, but if its worse (which i suspect) then i guess we can look forward to next season.

Which bone is it. I think we can rule out femur.

OK. Time to start making those trades and let's get someone that will score here. Let's not wait to the day before the trade deadline and rush to pick someone up!

The time is NOW!!!!!

Update on Cullen from Luke:

Matt Cullen went on the ice after practice by himself to test out a new smoked visor (like Jeff Hamilton's) that may help with his vision problems. He has made marginal progress over the past week.

Okay, I know this won't be popular and I like Chad a lot - he brings a lot of energy to the team, is scrappy, and kills penalties....but that's just it...he doesn't score with regularity, he's small so he gets knocked off the puck lots, and as a PK, doesn't it say something for all of their abilities that we're stinkin' last in the league?

If we're going to continue to play mediocre to poor defense (and I don't think that gets fixed with a puck mover), then we need to upgrade our scoring. In a sick way, losing Chad might open the door to either bringing up somebody from Albany who can give us a spark, allowing Aucoin more time and see if he can get more of a scoring touch at the NHL level, or, hopefully, let us make some sort of deal that will bring a couple of scorers to the team so that we can play our high scoring game that we're very good at. Bring on the 6-4 victories!!!

I hope Chad gets healthy and is ready for next year, but right now I'd like this latest rash of injuries to prompt moves that would put firepower back on our team!!!

Hedican has been playing great. Why do you want to get ridof him? His skating improved after his hip surgery, and he is technically sound.I can't wait till he gets back.

yeah! didn't anyone else notice that superior play against Ovetchkin the other night? ... he didn't even draw a penalty.

does anyone know EXACTLY what kind of fracture LaRose had? i.e. which bone(s) in his leg? also, maybe an update on his condition, ect. idk, do the injured (not sick) guys come to any practices or 'canes events at all? i sure do miss that little ball-of-energy on the ice.......... :unsure:

Its his tibia.

John Forslund reported that it was his fibula? A big difference since Tibia is your weight bearing bone and takes much longer to heal. The fibula is your small 2nd bone and you can bear weight with this after a couple of weeks with a walking cast. It's strange that no reports from the Canes about what he broke.

Anyone know what happened to Jensen today. They said on the Devils channel they think Jensen got hurt but they were not sure. Any one know for sure and if so what the injury is?