The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Injury Update

Anyone know what happened to Jensen today. They said on the Devils channel they think Jensen got hurt but they were not sure. Any one know for sure and if so what the injury is?

He was taken to the hospital because apparently he became violently ill. One of the trainers stayed behind with him while the rest of the team came back to Raleigh.

He was taken to the hospital because apparently he became violently ill.
Thanks. Because I was watching the game but I had to watch it on the Devils broadcast and they said they think Jensen got hurt but they were not sure.

Anyone know what happened to Jensen today. They said on the Devils channel they think Jensen got hurt but they were not sure. Any one know for sure and if so what the injury is?

Tripp reported him injured and out between the 2nd and 3rd periods and then he played in the early part of the 3rd period. Then there was no mention of him again until after the game. I wonder if he has the flu too or head injury concussion---he was checked into the glass pretty hard on one play in the 2nd period. Sad way to start out, I hope him well.

Tripp reported him injured and out between the 2nd and 3rd periods and then he played in the early part of the 3rd period. Then there was no mention of him again until after the game. I wonder if he has the flu too or head injury concussion---he was checked into the glass pretty hard on one play in the 2nd period. Sad way to start out, I hope him well.

That wasnt exactly a great game to have your NHL debut in so Id count it as a do-over for him.

That wasnt exactly a great game to have your NHL debut in so Id count it as a do-over for him.

John Forslund reported that it was his fibula? A big difference since Tibia is your weight bearing bone and takes much longer to heal. The fibula is your small 2nd bone and you can bear weight with this after a couple of weeks with a walking cast. It's strange that no reports from the Canes about what he broke.

Remember Cole broke his fibula some years ago and was out for about 3 months.

Does anyone know the condition of Siedenburg? With Gleason most likely out tonight, we really could use him back in the lineup. Especially against the Ranger tonight!

Does anyone know the condition of Siedenburg? With Gleason most likely out tonight, we really could use him back in the lineup. Especially against the Ranger tonight!

Siedenberg has been skating lately...like yesterday. Not going to practice today, so don't know.

Whitney missed practice and is questionable for Saturday. But on the bright side Gleason just has to pass some tests today and he practiced, so that is looking up (knock on wood).

per the http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index.php/canes?title=gleason_practices_whitney_sits_out&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1' target="_blank">N&O[/post]

They'd better not rush him back like they did Cullen. If he failed the tests yesterday, regardless of whether he passes them today or not, he still needs time to make sure the symptoms dont come back. Geesh, I hope they learned...

Whitney missed practice and is questionable for Saturday. But on the bright side Gleason just has to pass some tests today and he practiced, so that is looking up (knock on wood).

per the http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index.php/canes?title=gleason_practices_whitney_sits_out&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1' target="_blank">N&O[/post]

They'd better not rush him back like they did Cullen. If he failed the tests yesterday, regardless of whether he passes them today or not, he still needs time to make sure the symptoms dont come back. Geesh, I hope they learned...

Well they said he just barely failed the tests yesterday. If he passes today I bet he goes tomorrow if we are going with the every game is a playoff game thing.

Well they said he just barely failed the tests yesterday. If he passes today I bet he goes tomorrow if we are going with the every game is a playoff game thing.

In the neurological world, failed is failed. Headaches, blurred vision and a failed test.....nuff said. Id rather have a healthy Gleaon in a week or two vs taking the chance of setting him back for a month.

In the neurological world, failed is failed. Headaches, blurred vision and a failed test.....nuff said. Id rather have a healthy Gleaon in a week or two vs taking the chance of setting him back for a month.

If he practiced today then the headache he apparently had on Wednesday is no longer there. Keeping fingers crossed that the hit looked alot worse than how he felt and feels.

I'm with TH, these guys have the playoff mentality right now. If he passes that test, I don't think you'll be able to keep him off the ice.

Is there any word on when Cullen might return? Was Sidenberg injured on the Meszaros hit?

Not even the organization knows how long it will be with Cullen right now. Concussions are tricky things that are hard to diagnose. Seidenberg was ok, he came back to the game after the hit I'm pretty sure. He never went to the dressing room, he just stood in the tunnel for a bit. Could see on the Ottawa broadcast.

I don't think Seids skated after the hit, from our seats could not see him in the tunnel, We all thought he was in the locker room. Our D was awesome this afternoon, hate to lose a D-Man!

Cool Beans, I just checked the super stats and indeed Seidenberg was on the ice for the final shift. I love what it says after Corvo's third! "OBJECTS ON ICE"

i heard cullen was out today because he was sick and because of a concussion. Does anyone know which is true and when he will be back?

Thank you

These post-concussion things are tricky, but as the team didn't put him on IR (that is correct, right?), then I assume they're hoping it is a day-to-day thing. Nice thing is no game until Wednesday, so hopefully he can just take it easy and get back in.

These post-concussion things are tricky, but as the team didn't put him on IR (that is correct, right?), then I assume they're hoping it is a day-to-day thing. Nice thing is no game until Wednesday, so hopefully he can just take it easy and get back in.

Yup, he's not on IR yet. If he had been put on it and then turned out to be ok in a few days we'd still be without him for 7 days. Once Hamilton gets here we'll be at our roster limit so there's no rush to place him on the IR anyways.