The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Why Are the Canes so Good Now?

Look, it doesn't take much to upset this crowd. And that probably applies to any message board. Too many people with opinions that everyone thinks are right. Lately we've decided we can't do the wave, don't chant Ruuuuuuuu unless he scores, only do the "you suck" cheer when you are up by 8 goal or more, bla bla bla. I mostly read this board for comic relief.

Hockey fans, players etc. seem to be a bit more superstitious than most, and I am no different. While the rational mind knows that what shirt I wear to a game will have no impact on the outcome, I do it anyway. I forgot my lucky hat at the last Caps game. What happened? Shootout loss. My bad. Won't happen again.

Basically, just remember that if you post, you'll get flamed by someone. Just don't take it personally. I didn't have a problem with the original post at all even though I agree saying , "hope he gets the shutout (hat trick)( no hitter) etc. is a jinx. Fact is, the players have to win it on the ice no matter what we do.

Haha, who would have thought the voice of reason would come from Mayberry?

Maybe they were kidding around remkin? :huh:

If they weren't, they need to grow up. Do they really think that some thread on the internet or what they wear to a game decides the outcome? No, the players on the ice do. Jeez.

Maybe they were kidding around remkin? :huh:

If they weren't, they need to grow up. Do they really think that some thread on the internet or what they wear to a game decides the outcome? No, the players on the ice do. Jeez.

And the fact that the players have playoff beards directly affects their play on the ice, correct? Everyone's got their superstitions.

I gotta disagree with that. Yeah, it's technically a tradition, but I'd say players do it more for superstition than anything. Players trim their beard after a loss, to try and fix their mojo. During the 03 playoffs, Giggy was sporting a large beard and said that he and his wife hated it, but he did it "for the team".

I am really superstious about our team but lately I have said screw that and said that it is up to the guys to decide the outcome. I do wear a certain thing under my jersey every game though.