The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

When do we play Graham?

Hopefully we will have the luxury of playing our back up for the next back to back (probably in the back end game vs. Tampa Bay). We will need our back up in any run for the cup. Remember that not only did we win the cup with our back up, but Ward needed to be pulled at one point before getting back on track. Better if he gets some work in.

I wonder if the coach might split actual games to get them both in? If we clinch, maybe Ward starts, plays a period, then comes out. I was wondering about pulling him at some point last night, just to keep him rested for tonight.

On the Leighton thing. Very interesting if it happens. The sent him down pretty quietly, don't even think many people know why. He wasn't playing badly. Seems unlikely to call him up for the playoffs, but hmmmm.

Though we do not know what would have happened had Gerber not gotten the Flu(right?). Once he was sick is was about impossible for him to get that confidence/mojo/what ever back.

Though how long has it been since Ward has given up a soft fluky goal like the 2nd on last night...I say ride Ward and leave Leighton in Albany. Is Leighton allowed to be called up because of injury once the playoffs start?

Don't expect to see Leighton here anytime this season. He is the key to any potential hopes the River Rats have in the playoffs. If the Hurricanes really didn't care about the success of their AHL affiliate, they wouldn't have sent Leighton back there in the middle of the season.

As for Grahame, I think he gets some ice time once the division has been clinched. Once the division is sealed up, I would just sit Ward until the playoffs start. No matter if it means Grahame starts once or three straight games.

Assuming we make the playoffs, Leighton will be here on the practice squad.

Link?

Not required, after the season ends we will pull up or keep two forwards, two defensemen, and a goalie from the minors!! who else would we pull up?

if memory serves correct, in '06 we pulled up aucoin, bayda, and natsuik (sp) as our extras.

Not required, after the season ends we will pull up or keep two forwards, two defensemen, and a goalie from the minors!! who else would we pull up?

if memory serves correct, in '06 we pulled up aucoin, bayda, and natsuik (sp) as our extras.

Kolwaski was the goalie we brought up. ;) It's the reason we brought him up last year when you know what happened.

I say only play Grahame AFTER we clinch.

The playoffs don't officially start until April 9th.

The Canes finish their season on April 4th.

RU refering to MAX too... LOL Sorry Max I could not resist...
:lol: sure thanks buddy :lol: I would say play Grahame in the game on the 4th. Things should be clinched by then.

:lol: sure thanks buddy :lol: I would say play Grahame in the game on the 4th. Things should be clinched by then.

But that is fan apprication night and I am pretty sure not many want to see Grahame then.

But that is fan apprication night and I am pretty sure not many want to see Grahame then.

Why not? He played on FA night last year. Did amazingly well, including stopping a penalty shot in OT.

Why not? He played on FA night last year. Did amazingly well, including stopping a penalty shot in OT.

Cause the fans love Wardo. If they are worried about rest there is 5 days inbetween regular season and post season.

Cause the fans love Wardo. If they are worried about rest there is 5 days inbetween regular season and post season.

If Ward plays terrible against the Caps and/or against the Lightning, I say start Grahame. The fans will get over it.

If Ward plays terrible against the Caps and/or against the Lightning, I say start Grahame. The fans will get over it.

Totally agree. If Cam heads into a downward spiral by all means start Grahame. As long as we win I don't care who we have in goal.