The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cane-addict-1

Williams and Cullen

I do think they will be back, and possibly Whitney. His surgery was 2 weeks ago on Saturday. As far as lines, who the heck knows. But its good to have that problem IMO. Too many good players is always a good thing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams back Tuesday. It was mentioned that Daniels put Williams through a vigourous skate yesterday, so it just seems like they are getting him prepped for Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. Cullen hasn't even started practicing yet neither has Whitney so they will be farther out on the come back list. Tuesday is a huge game and they could bring Williams back for the emotional energy thing for the team.

If that's the case, I would do this with the lines:

Ruutu-Staal-Cole (i liked Ruutu with these 2 and thought he played his best with these guys)

Samsonov-Letowski-Williams (Williams/Samsonov had great chemistry with Brind'Amour, maybe these 2 can find some chemistry)

Bayda-Aucoin-Walker

Brookbank-LaRose-Hamilton

Jensen goes back to Albany to help those guys out.

The Canes have been without Williams for so long that I don't see him making that much of a difference. I would like to see Cullen back though because of his versatility and scratch Hamilton.

Why would you scratch Hamilton, I think last night was the first time he didn't get a point. He has had points and PP goals in the last couple of games. All of the guys had a bad night last night, so why scratch Hamilton. Scratch Jensen who hasn't contributed anything and has only taken up position on the pine.

Kara

I would like to see them play Tuesday, though maybe not Williams. If you remember Cole coming back from his injury in game 6 he was very rusty (though i guess neck injuries are different than knee injuries) Id be ok with Cullen coming back though, but if we win Tuesday I think we should probably bring them both back and just ease them into the line up, to prepare them for the playoffs.

The most important guy is by far Cullen. The guy wins draws, is a playmaker and a speed demon. I hope he is back soon, but I am skeptical given his concussions.

If you can add Williams, Cullen, and Whitney back, are you kidding me? This is an entire second line for just about any NHL team. We will need more than just grit and determination in the playoffs. These guys bring a skill level that will give us a legitimate chance. Bring'em!

I don't think we will see either Whitney or Cullen back for the rest of the regular season, neither of them have started practicing, and I would rather miss the playoffs than rush them back and risk hurting Cullen even worse. I agree with what CLF said with the lines and Williams coming back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams back Tuesday. It was mentioned that Daniels put Williams through a vigourous skate yesterday, so it just seems like they are getting him prepped for Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. Cullen hasn't even started practicing yet neither has Whitney so they will be farther out on the come back list. Tuesday is a huge game and they could bring Williams back for the emotional energy thing for the team.

If that's the case, I would do this with the lines:

Ruutu-Staal-Cole (i liked Ruutu with these 2 and thought he played his best with these guys)

Samsonov-Letowski-Williams (Williams/Samsonov had great chemistry with Brind'Amour, maybe these 2 can find some chemistry)

Bayda-Aucoin-Walker

Brookbank-LaRose-Hamilton

Jensen goes back to Albany to help those guys out.

Wha? Why on EARTH would you break up LaRose and Letowski. They have set up pretty goals in the past two games, and they scored the only goal last night. Letowski and LaRose have great chemistry, since LaRose's first game back.

Wha? Why on EARTH would you break up LaRose and Letowski. They have set up pretty goals in the past two games, and they scored the only goal last night. Letowski and LaRose have great chemistry, since LaRose's first game back.

Who would be centering second line?

Simply re-arrange the lines. Depends on who is coming in too. Williams comes in, then you can play around. Cole/Staal/Williams, Samsonov/Letowski/LaRose, Ruutu/Aucoin/Walker, then Brookbank/Hamilton/Bayda

So sue me, I broke up the Rat Pack. They'll still play together, but if you take out Samsonov and put in Williams in the first line, want to keep Letowski and LaRose together, And the Rat Pack together, you have no place to put either Ruutu or Samsonov.

Because Larose is not a top 6 player period. He's fine for a quick fix, but that's it.

I don't expect Cullen to be back yet. They are not going to rush him when he is still suffering from post concussion syndrome.

Williams will only play if he feels sure that he can play.Remember that this is his second MCL/ACL tear on the same knee.

If we win Tuesday, Lavi will hold off on Cullen and Whitney (if he doesn't play them Tuesday). If we lose, I guarantee they will both be back.

I dunno, I say we play who we have to to win on Tuesday, if they think Cullen especially will be able to go at all, play him Tues and sit him the rest of the games. If we get into a good lead, swap him onto the 4th line. Players play injured in the playoffs, and Tuesday is the game that determines if there will be any playoffs.....

I dunno, I say we play who we have to to win on Tuesday, if they think Cullen especially will be able to go at all, play him Tues and sit him the rest of the games. If we get into a good lead, swap him onto the 4th line. Players play injured in the playoffs, and Tuesday is the game that determines if there will be any playoffs.....

If they play Cullen Tuesday, they run the risk of losing him for the rest of the season, playoffs or not. If in fact, we havent already.

If they play Cullen Tuesday, they run the risk of losing him for the rest of the season, playoffs or not. If in fact, we havent already.

True, I guess they should bring him with the team and go off of how he feels that day... If he feels good, scratch Jensen and have him play, if he is feeling bad, then we play without him.

Personally I would like to see Williams back in, but I think he has been out so long I can't see him clicking well with the team. The worst thing we could do is break up the team chemistry. I think we could play without them all, we just have to play our absolute no holds barred A game. Throw everything into the game, forget conserving energy for the Lightning, the game to win is Tuesday night. The lightning and panthers are plan B.

Maybe Williams, but no way Cullen or Whitney. And I completely agree Caniacal and TSA, Cullen is the X factor and we can't risk him by bringing him back tuesday. Head injuries are such touchy things, we can't risk him.

Cullen nor Whitney have even begun practicing with the team, you can count these 2 out. Lavi won't dress them until they get a few practices under their belt regardless of the do or die type game. Williams is your more likely candidate to play tomorrow just b/c he's been practicing and has been cleared for contact.

my thoughts exactly