The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
indaboardz

Williams and Whitney probable for Tuesday.....

No question that overall we're better with these guys in there, but Williams hasn't played in a long time and it usually takes a few games to get back to speed and this is a huge game. Hope he's ready.

I love Williams and all, but like remkin said, it usually takes a few games for a player to get back up to speed. Hopefully he'll be ready for it. :)

I was at the practice today and to be perfectly honest, I called my sister as I left the arena and told her that I would not be the least bit surprised if Justin and Wizard played tomorrow night. Justin was welcoming contact and was even grinning and laughing.

_MG_4079.jpg

Kara

I was at the practice today and to be perfectly honest, I called my sister as I left the arena and told her that I would not be the least bit surprised if Justin and Wizard played tomorrow night. Justin was welcoming contact and was even grinning and laughing.

_MG_4079.jpg

Kara

This will get the guys pumped up.. ^_^

that's great but who will sit??? conboy and brookbank already lost their spots..

Jensen will sit and either Brookbank or Hamilton would be the other one. That is my pick and my best guess.

Jensen will sit and either Brookbank or Hamilton would be the other one. That is my pick and my best guess.

that's good i forgot about jensen.. he's probly the easiest to sit out.

No question that overall we're better with these guys in there, but Williams hasn't played in a long time and it usually takes a few games to get back to speed and this is a huge game. Hope he's ready.

Larose was out a while, but he looked good and fast on his first game back

I love Williams and all, but like remkin said, it usually takes a few games for a player to get back up to speed. Hopefully he'll be ready for it. :)

That is why they will be getting 4th line minutes and PP time. They practiced with Hamilton today and Lavi already said that he isn't changing the top 3 lines due to the chemistry. I think putting them on the 4th is a good start for them. It'll get them game ready for well you know if we get there.

That is why they will be getting 4th line minutes and PP time. They practiced with Hamilton today and Lavi already said that he isn't changing the top 3 lines due to the chemistry. I think putting them on the 4th is a good start for them. It'll get them game ready for well you know if we get there.

haha whitney and williams as our 4th line! think we have depth??

If I died tonight, it would take 3 undertakers 6 hours to get the grin off my face after reading that. I was just wondering which Dpairing gets the privilege of playing against our 4th line?

Lavi better be 100% sure these guys are ready. If they can't play quality minutes on offense and defense, the Canes will be playing the most important game of the year with what amounts to 16 skaters. By quality minutes I don't mean a lot of minutes, but they need to be competitive. I think the Caps will play a very physical game, and I'm not sure sitting both Brookbank and Conboy is such a good idea.

I dont think we can sit Brookbank with "Donald the Goon" on the other bench.

I don't see any way that Brookbank in scratched tonight as long as Brashear is on the roster. You just have to keep them honest. Brookbank may not be the heavyweight that Brashear is, but he is as close as we have. Lavi can't have the Caps taking liberties with our guys in a game of this magnitude.

My guess is that Jensen and Hamilton will be scratched and Brookbank and Conboy will be in. Conboy adds some grit too, and he can play forward or defense.

Lavi better be 100% sure these guys are ready. If they can't play quality minutes on offense and defense, the Canes will be playing the most important game of the year with what amounts to 16 skaters. By quality minutes I don't mean a lot of minutes, but they need to be competitive. I think the Caps will play a very physical game, and I'm not sure sitting both Brookbank and Conboy is such a good idea.

Justin I don't think you have to worry about. He will be playing on full adrenaline. Read his comments in the N&O, the boy is psyched.

Whitney, on the other hand, who knows. He may or may not go tonight. Personally I wouldn't mind if he sat out so Brookbank can be dressed. I think just getting Williams back will be a boost to the team.

haha whitney and williams as our 4th line! think we have depth??

Yeah, imagine if Cullen came back. He'd probably move up immediately since we're kind of thin at center, but if he got a work in game we'd have a 4th line of Williams-Cullen-Whitney. Not bad.

Yeah, imagine if Cullen came back. He'd probably move up immediately since we're kind of thin at center, but if he got a work in game we'd have a 4th line of Williams-Cullen-Whitney. Not bad.

I welcome them both back. Whitney will be great on the PP as well as a terrific scorer and assist man. JWilly can shoot from anywhere.....Man....I'm glad they will be back tonight. Even if they are not 100% in shape, they should still do well tonight.

LETS EAT MORE OVENCHICKEN !!!!

Prior to Rutherford bringing Brookbank up, Lavi nearly lost his job by playing a brand of hockey that was not phyiscal. The result was a plethora of injuries, most notable being the Cullen loss based on the bounty the Rangers put on him. He is sitting both Brookbank and Conboy tonite, which leaves Carolina unable to deal with the physical play of the Caps and Brashear. Not sure what Laviolette fails to understand about the physical nature of the game, but it's pretty clear to anyone watching, that the Canes started winning again when they started hitting and started standing up for themselves. Brookbank and Conboy helped bring a swagger back to Carolina, and now Lavi is going to bypass all that once again With any luck, Brashear will break LaRose's leg in two right in front of Lavi so he can learn once and for all that this is a game of physical swagger and intimidation, not some contest to see who can skate faster.

Good Luck Canes. With Lavi has head coach, you will certainly need it.

If the Canes don't make the playoffs, look for Lavi to be gone very soon. Once he's gone, the likes of Jeff Hamilton and Chad LaRose will be history...thank God.

Prior to Rutherford bringing Brookbank up, Lavi nearly lost his job by playing a brand of hockey that was not phyiscal. The result was a plethora of injuries, most notable being the Cullen loss based on the bounty the Rangers put on him. He is sitting both Brookbank and Conboy tonite, which leaves Carolina unable to deal with the physical play of the Caps and Brashear. Not sure what Laviolette fails to understand about the physical nature of the game, but it's pretty clear to anyone watching, that the Canes started winning again when they started hitting and started standing up for themselves. Brookbank and Conboy helped bring a swagger back to Carolina, and now Lavi is going to bypass all that once again With any luck, Brashear will break LaRose's leg in two right in front of Lavi so he can learn once and for all that this is a game of physical swagger and intimidation, not some contest to see who can skate faster.

Good Luck Canes. With Lavi has head coach, you will certainly need it.

If the Canes don't make the playoffs, look for Lavi to be gone very soon. Once he's gone, the likes of Jeff Hamilton and Chad LaRose will be history...thank God.

Lavi's job was never in jeopardy!!

Ignore him. He's the same guy who basically stated that we couldn't rely on Ward to win us games.

good point, i keep forgetting that at this time of year someone releases the trolls.

**note to self, don't respond to trolls (for fear of Marcus)"!!