The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
indaboardz

Williams and Whitney probable for Tuesday.....

I think some fail to realize that Brookbank averages like 2 minutes a game. If a team really wanted to take liberties with our guys, they can still do it with Brookbank on the bench.

Who kept Corvo from getting his head ripped off by Valabik, Wallin. Why was it Wallin b/c Brookbank was on the bench. Did having Brookbank in the line up keep Valabik and Exelby from taking shots at our guys no.

This game is a MUST win, Lavi knows it, the team knows it, and its why you are seeing AHLers taking out of the line up for the veterans who have played in a game like this. If this was Game 7, you better bet these guys would play. This game is no different than that.

I know it's already been said in this thread about a billion times already but this is what it's all about guys. Tonight is the night that we prove that we're still the team from 2 years ago and to show everybody what we're made of. It's huge, my finger nails are going to be gone by the end of tonight. I only wish I still lived in DC so I could be there myself tonight. I think the boys are ready and it's time to show them the difference between experienced Stanley Cup champs and new up and coming talent. In other words it's time to tell the caps, "Guys you're good, but you're not champs"........yet

LETS GO CANES

Gotta agree with the general sentiment here. We started the year on fire without an enforcer and we won the Stanley Cup without an enforcer. This game is so huge that we will bring it no matter what they try. The key is having more guys who can put the puck in the back of the net, especially for this one game. Maybe we go with an enforcer in the playoffs, or if we are playing out the string after a win tonight (crosses fingers), but tonight we want pucks in the net.

In the Crapitals games lately that I've seen, Brashears has been shying away from fights that it looked like others were picking, and the only way he would do that is if the coach said to. They are in playoff hockey mode and tonight I think the most important thing isn't having fighters, it's having overall team toughess meaning hitting, finishing checks etc. Look for a repeat of the way we came out in Game 7, hitting everything that moves. Washington will be doing the same thing, so this is going to be a fantastic hockey game.

Just posted this in the GDT, but the ice is terrible, being reported by Forslund and Caps beat writer Bashir. Bashir says to picture a melting ice cube b/c that's what the ice looks like. He said a Canes player took a picture of the ice too. It must be really bad.