The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

Whatever. The Canes better leave it all out on the ice in the third period. They have Tampa tomorrow and then the Caps have TB the next night. The should be a win for the Caps. I can't believe that the Canes are going to be scrambling to get into the playoffs.

I totally agree!! The NHL is basically saying ..No one wants to see Carolina in the playoffs, when they could see Ovenchicken the great. I think it is a crock of poop. Imagine that..another Crapitals power play. Wow...AO can plaster Staal, but Hedican touches #8 and in the box he goes....wow. I am speechless...

This is absolute BS... Someone needs to take liberty with ovechkin. The players even talked about it before the game with him leaving his feet and now a perfect example. Someone needs to put him in his place.

Never seen such a bias by the officials.

The NHL will do everything they can to get things how they want them to be in the league.

Yea, this is pretty sad. Gunna be hard for them to leave it all out on the ice with the way the calls are going. Guess I'll watch the Nash game if this continues, this isn't much fun.

This is absolute BS... Someone needs to take liberty with ovechkin. The players even talked about it before the game with him leaving his feet and now a perfect example. Someone needs to put him in his place.

Never seen such a bias by the officials.

The NHL will do everything they can to get things how they want them to be in the league.

The calls are too consistently horrible to be anything other than something either spoken or unspoken by the NHL to get the CAPs in. It's absurd. AO crashes into Hedican long after the puck is gone, and Hedican is given the penalty -- it's shameful by the NHL.

I totally agree and am quickly losing respect for the league and the game in general.

It is just a sham and I probably won't renew my season tix that I've had for the last four years.

Not sour grapes because of this game - this has been going on for a month at least.

Got some good seats for the last 2 games if anybody is interested

My money is gonna go back to where it all started for me - the minor leagues.

Seriously, I know that Canes fans look through LaRose colored glasses, but please! Why not just put the Caps in, why bother witha sham of a "game". Reminds me of Super Mario. He could play dirty with his stick and 0 calls. If you bumped him even pre-cleanup, you got a penalty. It's a shame that a good player is going to get babied and have his reputation ruined. If he got penalyzed for leaving his feet, he'd stop. If he had to deal with payback without being protected by his teammates AND the refs, he'd learn.

I'll stay a Canes fan, but the NHL is starting to lose a fan bigtime.

When you have games that are so blatantly rigged like this, it makes you wonder just what the priorities of the league are. Essentially what they've become tonight is WWE on ice. The outcome was decided before the match started and you have refs that are blatantly one sided.

This is an embarrassment to a sport I love to follow. Bettman has done nothing but completely destroy the integrity of this sport.

Might've helped if the 'Canes hadn't backed themselves into a corner going back to Nov. til before the ASG, too. We shouldn't have to be in the position, to HAVE to have "must-win" games now. We did this last season & I would've thought that the team had learned from that. Might not be the popular thing to say but it's true... Sure, the reffing's not too sharp for us tonight, but this game shouldn't be as crucial as it is for us.

Even the Caps announcers are openly commenting on the "questionable" calls.

this is so unreal. It couldn't be any more obvious. And the sad thing is the Caps announcers even agree with all of us, well at least to a point. As long as they win they're ok with it..pathetic

Bettman was on 99.9 today and they addressed this topic, of course he dismissed this notion, but with the blown cross check call on ovelchicken could it be any more ovious. Sick and tired of the golden child!

Well there it is, the defining blow for me that ruined every other sport. I cannot stand to watch sports events. I am losing respect for the NHL by the minute. Looks like I will be a minor league fan from here on out if the officiating continues this way. I seriously doubt we will be ALLOWED to win the division. Screw the playoffs anyway, even if we get in, it will be a joke this year, there is no way the league will "let" Sid lose the first round again this year. It will be rigged games until AO faces off against Sidney in the conference finals, and then masterfully Sid the kid will win the rigged games to go onto the cup finals, which will be rigged against the west, cause none of those teams have big name players the caliber of Sid and AO. Then Sidney will have the cup, the NHL dream fulfilled... money rolling in everywhere, and the game a sham.

Pittsburgh gets handed another championship, just like they handed them the Superbowl a couple years ago. The NFL would make little money if the Seahawks won that game, and such would be the case if another no-name team like the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup again.

I think I am done with the NHL for a bit.

Might've helped if the 'Canes hadn't backed themselves into a corner going back to Nov. til before the ASG, too. We shouldn't have to be in the position, to HAVE to have "must-win" games now. We did this last season & I would've thought that the team had learned from that. Might not be the popular thing to say but it's true... Sure, the reffing's not too sharp for us tonight, but this game shouldn't be as crucial as it is for us.

but you can't say the Caps win streak is our fault. We have put together some quality wins with key players out. They have been on fire since aquiring Huet you can't fault them or us..

Well there it is, the defining blow for me that ruined every other sport. I cannot stand to watch sports events. I am losing respect for the NHL by the minute. Looks like I will be a minor league fan from here on out if the officiating continues this way. I seriously doubt we will be ALLOWED to win the division. Screw the playoffs anyway, even if we get in, it will be a joke this year, there is no way the league will "let" Sid lose the first round again this year. It will be rigged games until AO faces off against Sidney in the conference finals, and then masterfully Sid the kid will win the rigged games to go onto the cup finals, which will be rigged against the west, cause none of those teams have big name players the caliber of Sid and AO. Then Sidney will have the cup, the NHL dream fulfilled... money rolling in everywhere, and the game a sham.

Pittsburgh gets handed another championship, just like they handed them the Superbowl a couple years ago. The NFL would make little money if the Seahawks won that game, and such would be the case if another no-name team like the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup again.

I think I am done with the NHL for a bit.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!

^^ Sure, but go look at Whaler's sig about game performances. That's what I'm talking about w/ OUR play or lack of during that time. We've generally been playing very well since after the ASG w/ all those players out, yes.

is there any way contact NHL officials including commisioner to report this type of unbearable issues? This shame has to be corrected by NHL

I totally agree!! The NHL is basically saying ..No one wants to see Carolina in the playoffs, when they could see Ovenchicken the great. I think it is a crock of poop. Imagine that..another Crapitals power play. Wow...AO can plaster Staal, but Hedican touches #8 and in the box he goes....wow. I am speechless...