The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

as my good friend eric cartman says...

"hehehehehe...we eeeeee won!!!, See you guys, told you we would win..."

SWEEET!!!!!!

SWEET

haha really im in such a good mood.. i dont care if OV gets in the PO well still get in and win the division!

The Flyers lost to the Penguins tonight and this was posted on their boards.

"Umberger - High stick, drawn blood, no call. Hartnell elbowed to the face - cut and/or broken nose. No call.

Knuble - holds his ground while Crosby drives the net, appropriately makes the hit, called for HOOKING?

I watched this same $ H * T last night with Washington Carolina. Cane's coach LaViolette went crazy on the bench. It's clear who the league wants in - Pens and Caps.

This is awful."

The refs were horrible and it was a repeat of last night.

BTW, the refs sucked and it was a repeat of last night.

"Umberger - High stick, drawn blood, no call. Hartnell elbowed to the face - cut and/or broken nose. No call.

Knuble - holds his ground while Crosby drives the net, appropriately makes the hit, called for HOOKING?

I watched this same $ H * T last night with Washington Carolina. Cane's coach LaViolette went crazy on the bench. It's clear who the league wants in - Pens and Caps.

This is awful."

Enough already. The Canes have had the most PP's in the NHL this season prior to the start of tonights games. And it's not close. All of the whining about how the NHL want's teams in the playoffs is a sorry byproduct of the whiners team not playing their own game.

I havn't heard the players cry about it.

And excuse him all you want to: Alex Ovechkin leaves his feet on hits, and like it or not, that is 1) a penalty, and 2) going to get someone hurt - possibly himself. He is a great player, and fun to watch. He needs to stop doing that, and the only way he will is if he starts getting penalized for doing it.

Well Ovechkin successfully completed #2. Chuck K mentioned pre-game that Gleason is playing through an injury that he sustained from an Ovechkin hit last night. Go figure.

Well Ovechkin successfully completed #2. Chuck K mentioned pre-game that Gleason is playing through an injury that he sustained from an Ovechkin hit last night. Go figure.

REALLY?!

That is surprising because Glease looked really good out there tonight. All of the defense did...skating in the zone to drive to the net.

REALLY?!

That is surprising because Glease looked really good out there tonight. All of the defense did...skating in the zone to drive to the net.

Yeah, Gleason (and all the d) did look good last night, but I also heard Laviolette say in the post-game interview that there were "a lot" of players playing through injuries, bruised up, "a lot of bumps and bruises and worse" but they are playing anyway.

I really don't want to hear the crying when AO launches himself to deliver a hit and hurts himself crashing into the boards when he misses. There's a way to stop it, but the refs won't call him on it.

The pressure is on the caps to deliver tonight. Hopefully they will tense up and Ramos can be a wall. Either way, we win we play on. The flyers have 2 games left correct? So if they win those they will have 95 and the caps will be out??

Yeah, Gleason (and all the d) did look good last night, but I also heard Laviolette say in the post-game interview that there were "a lot" of players playing through injuries, bruised up, "a lot of bumps and bruises and worse" but they are playing anyway.

I really don't want to hear the crying when AO launches himself to deliver a hit and hurts himself crashing into the boards when he misses. There's a way to stop it, but the refs won't call him on it.

And they shouldn't, it's hockey, not ballroom dancing. Injuries happen, experienced plenty of them myself. Ovechkin gets hurt, well it happens, it'll suck to be a CAPS fan for a while afterward but the sun still rises the next day. Alot of guys play through injuries in EVERY sport, pro or non-pro and not just in hockey.

I think this B/S about protecting players from injury is just getting out of hand at the expense of a great game, I understand WHY it's become such a hot button issue (revenue from tickets to see "superstars"), but I still don't agree with it.

And they shouldn't, it's hockey, not ballroom dancing. Injuries happen, experienced plenty of them myself. Ovechkin gets hurt, well it happens, it'll suck to be a CAPS fan for a while afterward but the sun still rises the next day. Alot of guys play through injuries in EVERY sport, pro or non-pro and not just in hockey.

I think this B/S about protecting players from injury is just getting out of hand at the expense of a great game, I understand WHY it's become such a hot button issue (revenue from tickets to see "superstars"), but I still don't agree with it.

Well, that is right. This is hockey. There should be hits. But good hits.

That's the problem most of us have with Ovechkin, is after watching him multiple times each year the past few years we've noticed that many times when he makes a hit he leaves his feet. That's charging in hockey, and worthy of a penalty. Take that away, and he is an amazing player with tons of skill. But he continues to get away with those hits, and he shouldn't. No matter how much skill he has.

I'm sure we could sit here and argue back and forth all day about whether it should be a charge or not, and whether he leaves his feet. If you and other Caps fans would stop to take an unbiased look at some of his hits you would have to agree that it's true. As in the Hedican hit the other night, he has a tendency to turn and push himself up into the air right before hits at times. His feet do leave the ice when he does that. Take that away and we'd have nothing we could complain about. Just a call or two on him would probably solve the problem, too, but the refs let it slide.

It's not that he hits, it's how he hits that our problem is with.

Otherwise, I agree totally with what you're saying. Let them hit each other. It makes for a much better game. Just keep the hits inside the rules of the game.

Hate to be contrary, but last night we got a couple favorable calls. i've never seen a goal count when shot into a net already occupied by one of the offensive players.. yet LaRose scores with Bayda sitting in net.. granted, he was shoved in there, but it still would not have surprised me to see the goal waved off. It wasn't even thought if twice. And that happened right after LaRose hooked Lacavallier in the netral zone.. again no call. And no goalie interference when according to Forsland it was a better example than Walker's against Washington.

If the refs, especially the same one as in DC, wanted the Caps in, we don't get all those breaks. I think sometimes we get 'em, and sometimes we don't. Comes down to inconsistent refs more than anything.

Hate to be contrary, but last night we got a couple favorable calls. i've never seen a goal count when shot into a net already occupied by one of the offensive players.. yet LaRose scores with Bayda sitting in net.. granted, he was shoved in there, but it still would not have surprised me to see the goal waved off. It wasn't even thought if twice. And that happened right after LaRose hooked Lacavallier in the netral zone.. again no call. And no goalie interference when according to Forsland it was a better example than Walker's against Washington.

If the refs, especially the same one as in DC, wanted the Caps in, we don't get all those breaks. I think sometimes we get 'em, and sometimes we don't. Comes down to inconsistent refs more than anything.

When Bayda got pushed into the net..it never came off it's mourings. Guys all the time get knocked into the net and get out with out the whistle blowing.

As far as the no call on Lecavlier, that is small potatoes, those missed call are expected...I believe most people are upset about things like the first Goalie Interference call the other night...Huet being out of the crease was just as responsible for the contact with Walker as Walker was. As well the second so called Goalie Interference call was because a Hurricanes player, Letowski I think, got checked into the net and did not even really touch Huet.

Of course I am of the thinking that if a Goalie is going to play the puck they should be fair game to be checked like everyone else. So take away from my statements what you will.

The pressure is on the caps to deliver tonight. Hopefully they will tense up and Ramos can be a wall. Either way, we win we play on. The flyers have 2 games left correct? So if they win those they will have 95 and the caps will be out??

Actually I think Philly, Ottawa and Boston need to keep winning...

Ottawa and Boston play tomorrow night...here's hoping for a regulation tie.

Philadelphia plays the Devils and Penguins...they SHOULD rest their big guns.

Ottawa needs to beat Toronto and Boston needs to beat Buffalo as well.

That's if you want to keep the Craps out of the playoffs...I am personally getting tired of having AO shoved in my face.

I was sitting right behind the net for that play and watched it a number of times on the replay and on TV when I got home. I think the only reason it didn't get called was the fact that he was pushed into the net *and* he never touched the goalie on the way in (though he sure tried to put a few punches on Bayda after the goal) so there was technically no interference. Had he even barely tapped their goalie, I'm sure we would've seen no goal and a penalty on Bayda.

I think this thread is done. It was made when we were all angry after we didn't get the calls we wanted against Washington. There's nothing we can do about washington, or about AO leaving his feet. We are still in control of our destiny, not being cliche or anything. We need to focus on cheering on the Canes tomorrow, and not about some crazy conspiracy.

I think this thread is done. It was made when we were all angry after we didn't get the calls we wanted against Washington. There's nothing we can do about washington, or about AO leaving his feet. We are still in control of our destiny, not being cliche or anything. We need to focus on cheering on the Canes tomorrow, and not about some crazy conspiracy.

I agree that its run its course and at this point, all the venting has been done. Lets let it die on its own so we can all move on, respectfully.

BTW, nice cliche ;)

I agree that its run its course and at this point, all the venting has been done. Lets let it die on its own so we can all move on, respectfully.

BTW, nice cliche ;)

That's the problem most of us have with Ovechkin, is after watching him multiple times each year the past few years we've noticed that many times when he makes a hit he leaves his feet. That's charging in hockey, and worthy of a penalty. Take that away, and he is an amazing player with tons of skill. But he continues to get away with those hits, and he shouldn't. No matter how much skill he has.

I heard that Forslund and Tracy talked about this but charging is more than leaving your skates. It has to do with distance you skate to make the hit and the violence with which the hit is delivered. Ovechkin does come up somewhat when making hits along the boards but so does Cole and other Canes. Cole did the same thing, to Kozlov I believe, but it was charging b/c he was right there already along the boards.

I think the point was raised by the Canes to make Ovechkin think twice, especially after he was a hitting machine in the prior game at the RBC. He does hit hard and often, but I rarely have seen the hits, even against Carolina, as charges. I wouldn't read much into this whole charging issue b/c there isn't much there and there certainly isn't a conspiracy. There is and always will be star treatment though but that's just the reality.

This is awful."

The refs were horrible and it was a repeat of last night.

Funny, because what I've heard about last night is that Hartnell was throwing elbows left and right. That's not to say that he wasn't elbowed, but he's a scumbag.

REALLY?!

Yep.

And Forslund post game mentioned that Lavi opted to go with 7D b/c the back end is very banged up. He said not only does it give Lavi and McCarthy more options with their D, but it also allows a guy to skip a shift if they need an extra rest.

Doesn't matter what the Flyer's do. Caps win out and the Ott/Bos game doesn't go to OT the Caps are in. Its funny to watch you guys cry about calls and conspiracy's but I watch a ton of hockey and you guys get your fair share of calls thats for sure. For instance the 6-3 against the Caps earlier. With Staals diving. You guys unfortunately have the biggest homer announcer in Tripp to cloud you. OV didn't leave his feet on that hit... he went up on his toes but you guys are really crying over nothing. There is no conspiracy to get the Caps in or they wouldn't have blown that obvious goal in the NJ/BOS game... took ten minutes for Toronto to NOT see what everyone else saw and that was the puck clearly in the net. At this point the caps could very well get the 7th spot. Phllly has to play NJ and Pitt and I don't see them winning both of those. The Caps hold the tie breaker on everyone but the Canes.

Its funny to watch you guys cry about calls and conspiracy's but I watch a ton of hockey and you guys get your fair share of calls thats for sure. For instance the 6-3 against the Caps earlier. With Staals diving. You guys unfortunately have the biggest homer announcer in Tripp to cloud you. OV didn't leave his feet on that hit... he went up on his toes but you guys are really crying over nothing. There is no conspiracy to get the Caps in or they wouldn't have blown that obvious goal in the NJ/BOS game...

I could really get into in an argument about this.. but i chose not to.. <_<

Doesn't matter what the Flyer's do. Caps win out and the Ott/Bos game doesn't go to OT the Caps are in. Its funny to watch you guys cry about calls and conspiracy's but I watch a ton of hockey and you guys get your fair share of calls thats for sure. For instance the 6-3 against the Caps earlier. With Staals diving. You guys unfortunately have the biggest homer announcer in Tripp to cloud you. OV didn't leave his feet on that hit... he went up on his toes but you guys are really crying over nothing. There is no conspiracy to get the Caps in or they wouldn't have blown that obvious goal in the NJ/BOS game... took ten minutes for Toronto to NOT see what everyone else saw and that was the puck clearly in the net. At this point the caps could very well get the 7th spot. Phllly has to play NJ and Pitt and I don't see them winning both of those. The Caps hold the tie breaker on everyone but the Canes.

It's people like you that give a fanbase a bad name.

And Tripp's not an announcer. He's a color analyst. John Forslund is our announcer Educate yourself on the matter before you make a statement. And besides, he's hardly what I'd call "the biggest homer announcer." John and Tripp almost never complain about the officiating unless it's blatently biased towards one side.

Just stay on your boards, and we'll stay on ours. And learning proper grammar might help you get your point across. "With Staal's diving" is not a proper sentence. ;)

Let's get a lock here, TSA. This subject has run its course.

LaRose's 2nd goal, that was Aucoin in the net. The reason the whistle didn't blow was b/c the net wasn't off its moorings and Smith was still able to make a save. What I'm trying to say is Aucoin might have been in the net, but him being in the net wouldn't have prevented Smith to make the save. If Smith got distracted with Aucoin in the net then that is his problem, but he was not interfered with.

Now if Aucoin was hit and he landed on Smith, the whistle didn't blow and LaRose scored, then that wouldn't be a goal.

Also it was only Watson who reffed the Caps and game last night. If you recall he also called Bayda for tripping when the guy just lost an edge. McCreary has been one of the most consistant refs and I think with McCreary there, he kept Watson from getting too out of hand.

Here is what gets me angry. We probably would have still lost that game last night regardless of the officials. However, the score would have been closer than 4-1, IMO.

You have one of the BIGGEST games being played in the league at that time. You have two of the best teams since the all Star break playing each other. You have two teams fighting tooth and nail for the division. These games should be decided by the players on the ice NOT the officials.

Sorry but the officials screwed this game. They screwed the fans (both fans) out of an exciting nail biting game b/c they decided to take the game in their own hands.

I think if the officials called a fair game and the Caps won, the Caniacs would accept that lose and congratulate the Caps for a hard fought won. But when the officials take the game in their hands, you can't possibly say the Caps won that fair and square. Atleast I can't.

Frankly I'm sick of the officials deciding the outcome of a game and its no wonder they are having a hard time getting fans interested in the game.

The officials are not the reason why people aren't interested in the game...their not interested because they never were and their parents weren't and the parents of those parents weren't....wow you guys blame everything on the refs.... <_<