The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

BTW, for those who forgot, Brad Watson was the same ref who called Williams for two ridiculous diving penalties in Florida after the local press made a big stink. What can you do to fight that.

And we get that piece of scum tomorrow night for the Bolts game

The Refs lead to the goal that put the caps in the front running seat with 3 - 1 goal, the refs are the reason we couldn't score as much because we were on a penalty kill we had to reason to be in, the refs are the reason we didn't get any power plays because they were favoring the Crapitals.

They called the penalty yes. They didn't allow any goals. They didn't help Huet stop 21 of 22 shots.

I can't believe you all are blaming the officials and ONLY the officials. The ref did not put the puck in the net on the soft goal by Laich. The refs did not score the first goal either.

I agree some of the calls are questionable. Saying that the game is rigged is friggin stupid. The Caps have self destructed countless times over the years and I expected them to do that tonight.

Suck it up. They got beat.

Hockey is just like any other sport. Calls change momentum and flow of the game. They do not directly affect the goals by each team but it puts teams in position to be successful, especially when calls continue to go there way.

Now to Washington's credit, they took advantage of the calls and skated well all night.

For AO, he is an amazing player but as complete *edit*. Late hits and leaving his feet every game and never getting called for anyone. He will get what is coming to him sooner or later so don't go crying when it does happen.

They called the penalty yes. They didn't allow any goals. They didn't help Huet stop 21 of 22 shots.

They made it easier on him as we were on the penalty a lot more, he saved energy. You don't think of what could of happened you just think of the result, a typical fan.

dont care about your resume really. Your on our boards so get used to the b8tching and moaning.

Of course we were outplayed we had no chance to get any momentum.

We all know that had we played better toward the end of the season we wouldn't be in this situation.

We all know that the Crapitals have been killing it. We all know that they have the most dynamic player in the league.

But if your sooo hockey savy and you have been watching you cant deny our phantom calls.

And it's funny your in here running your mouth to strangers like you are playing the game tonight.

It defines idiotic...

Good post.

no. You guys are ridiculous. If the NHL wanted the Caps in so bad, why would they get jobbed by the refs about 3 weeks ago against the Bruins? Anyone who saw that game would say they were jobbed worse than you guys were tonight. I'll admit the reffing was a tad biased. However, you guys were dominated in a fairly called 1st and decently called 2nd. If you can't admit the Canes were outplayed at even strength, then you are biased.

I can't believe you all are blaming the officials and ONLY the officials. The ref did not put the puck in the net on the soft goal by Laich. The refs did not score the first goal either.

I agree some of the calls are questionable. Saying that the game is rigged is friggin stupid. The Caps have self destructed countless times over the years and I expected them to do that tonight.

Suck it up. They got beat.

I'm not saying the game is rigged, no. But it's the fact that they were letting AO get away with anything and everything in the second period, just proves that the NHL is willing to do anything to get the favored team to win. It was a BS game on the refs part, and all those calls obvisously made our Canes lose confidence. We could have played better, yes, but when you're wondering that if you'll get a penalty for doing a check on a player that you usually do, then you know that they aren't going to play that well.

Well there it is, the defining blow for me that ruined every other sport. I cannot stand to watch sports events. I am losing respect for the NHL by the minute. Looks like I will be a minor league fan from here on out if the officiating continues this way. I seriously doubt we will be ALLOWED to win the division. Screw the playoffs anyway, even if we get in, it will be a joke this year, there is no way the league will "let" Sid lose the first round again this year. It will be rigged games until AO faces off against Sidney in the conference finals, and then masterfully Sid the kid will win the rigged games to go onto the cup finals, which will be rigged against the west, cause none of those teams have big name players the caliber of Sid and AO. Then Sidney will have the cup, the NHL dream fulfilled... money rolling in everywhere, and the game a sham.

Pittsburgh gets handed another championship, just like they handed them the Superbowl a couple years ago. The NFL would make little money if the Seahawks won that game, and such would be the case if another no-name team like the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup again.

I think I am done with the NHL for a bit.

And hey mr. 21 years in hockey.....read this and if you don't think for a minute this is a possibility, you need more than 21 years in hockey...

no. You guys are ridiculous. If the NHL wanted the Caps in so bad, why would they get jobbed by the refs about 3 weeks ago against the Bruins? Anyone who saw that game would say they were jobbed worse than you guys were tonight. I'll admit the reffing was a tad biased. However, you guys were dominated in a fairly called 1st and decently called 2nd. If you can't admit the Canes were outplayed at even strength, then you are biased.

of course some people are gonna be biased towards THEIR OWN TEAM....good grief

What are you talking about. The second period was the worst called. We get the call for an Ovechkin charge, ***? The refs were horrible and should go back to what they were doing before the they became refs.

I personally love how Ovechkin can leave his feet when he hits people and never gets called for charging. This game was predetermined and I seem to recall a lot of people making that prediction a few days ago; that the refs would be totally one-sided in this game.

And to you Washington fans, just leave. We aren't coming to your boards to piss on your team, so don't come here and do the same. JUST LEAVE.

My opinion of the NHL was already extremely low. I don't think it can get any lower than it is right now. I have no problem with Washington winning tonight's game, but the game was not called fairly and thus a fair game was not played. I'd pay money to see Washington beat the Canes in a fairly called game, but I refuse to pay money to see games played in a league where there are two very distinct, seperate guidelines for calling penalties and handing down suspensions.

I've just about had it with this third-rate, big fat joke of a "professional" sports league. I'll just divert my dollars and keep my ACC basketball, tyvm. Up your's, NHL.

BTW, I think it is @#$% we had to skate on ice as terrible as it was. You could see the cracks and ruts in it. Not only does it not let us play like we need to, but it also could make the guys more susceptible to injury.

You have your own board

please stay there

What are you talking about. The second period was the worst called. We get the call for an Ovechkin charge, ***? The refs were horrible and should go back to what they were doing before the they became refs.

i don't think so. I thought the 3rd was terrible. I didn't think the second was so bad. Carolina self destructed after some bad calls in my opinion. The only difference between this game and the Caps game against the B's, in my opinion, is that the Caps were dominating before the BS against boston. This game was already tilted in the Caps favor; while I admit the refs helped, they only contributed more momentum.

k.

Every Single Washington Fan that is coming here to try to argue with us, just leave. You aren't doing any good, and while you may be sitting there going "LOL LOOK THEY R COMPLINGING BOUT TEH GAME LOLOLOL," you guys know pretty damn well that the refs were completely one sided, and it showed through in the second period. There is no way you can't deny that, so just leave, and don't bother coming back.

Well I guess we know it goes way beyond the media wanting the Craps in!!! Ovechkin can do anything he wants with no threat of a penalty!! That cross check on Staal was rediculous. I agree we should not be in this position of having to win 2 games but here we are. Its put up or shut up. I would love nothing more than to win out and make this "game of the year" for the Craps mean NOTHING. I sure hope the refs aren't wearing the opponents jerseys again tomorrow and Friday!!!!!

The penalties were handed out: 10 - Car 7 - Wsh. Three more calls for the Caps. That is not that terrible all in all. If this game was played in December we wouldn't be talking about it now.

I watched the Caps and Bruins a few weeks ago and it was far worse than this game. The Caps were called for something rediculous like 8-0 in the third.

lOOKS like when Bettman speaks,,the officials listen!!!Have to have oven- chicken in the playoffs,,,,Yes we did get beat but the Caps were definetly givin a huge advantage....Just makes the NHL look like the NBA!!!too bad the highest paid players HAVE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

The penalties were handed out: 10 - Car 7 - Wsh. Three more calls for the Caps. That is not that terrible all in all. If this game was played in December we wouldn't be talking about it now.

I watched the Caps and Bruins a few weeks ago and it was far worse than this game. The Caps were called for something rediculous like 8-0 in the third.

actually it was 12 for the canes.. and 7 for the craps.. 19 total..