The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

k.

Every Single Washington Fan that is coming here to try to argue with us, just leave. You aren't doing any good, and while you may be sitting there going "LOL LOOK THEY R COMPLINGING BOUT TEH GAME LOLOLOL," you guys know pretty damn well that the refs were completely one sided, and it showed through in the second period. There is no way you can't deny that, so just leave, and don't bother coming back.

You have 21 posts....... :huh:

The fix was definitely in. Countless questionable calls in Washington's favor and a blatant attack on our star player with no consequence. If this is what Gary Bettman and the NHL want they can have it. I for one will no longer be a fan. If Carolina do not make the playoffs due to this joke I will have all of my hockey paraphernalia on auction on E-Bay. I will no longer pay for the hockey package or attend any NHL games.

The penalties were handed out: 10 - Car 7 - Wsh. Three more calls for the Caps. That is not that terrible all in all. If this game was played in December we wouldn't be talking about it now.

I watched the Caps and Bruins a few weeks ago and it was far worse than this game. The Caps were called for something rediculous like 8-0 in the third.

that game was terrible. I don't think they are upset by the number of penalties, but by the timing and the questionability of them. I would say that there were about 3-4 questionable calls on the Canes, and maybe 1 on the Caps. The timing of the penalties, however, did kill momentum when they started to get it. But at the same time, the Canes dug themselves a hole early.

i don't think so. I thought the 3rd was terrible. I didn't think the second was so bad. Carolina self destructed after some bad calls in my opinion. The only difference between this game and the Caps game against the B's, in my opinion, is that the Caps were dominating before the BS against boston. This game was already tilted in the Caps favor; while I admit the refs helped, they only contributed more momentum.

Already tilted?

Please

the Caps had a fluky goal where the puck just got lost in the middle of our defense and the Canes were still playing you even and tight. In fact, right before the penalty barrage happened, the Canes were arguably outplaying you. Then you get a couple cheap penalties on some weak calls, and then it just starts. The Canes then got the momentum back, and were looking to take the game over with a 5 on 3 to tie it up, when there was a bogus call on Walker for being the victim of Huet diving into his knees. Then, somehow a cheapshot by AO (which should have been a major) becomes matching penalties followed by a bogus double minor and the fix was in.

Other than the ridiculous time spent on the PK, the Canes outplayed the Caps tonight. You might still have won, but it would have been A LOT closer than it was. Stop the smug attitude and face the facts.

no. You guys are ridiculous. If the NHL wanted the Caps in so bad, why would they get jobbed by the refs about 3 weeks ago against the Bruins? Anyone who saw that game would say they were jobbed worse than you guys were tonight. I'll admit the reffing was a tad biased. However, you guys were dominated in a fairly called 1st and decently called 2nd. If you can't admit the Canes were outplayed at even strength, then you are biased.

There's no question the Caps are one of the hottest teams right now and probably do deserve to make the playoffs - I hope they do - but in eigth place though. At the least, it will help legitimize the Southeast Division. And yes they did outplay the Canes for much of the game. But it could have been closer - maybe even tied for an overtime if not for the ridiculous deluge of calls - especially the nonsensical goaltender interference calls!

And if Ovechkin wants to be a bad-a$$ as well as a scoring machine, he shouldn't get preferential treatment when it comes to penalty calls. A cross-check or slash or charge or elbow from him should be 2:00 in the box just like anybody else. Best of luck to your guys. Really!

Its fine to go to other teams boards and read them but keep your comments to yourself or make them on your own board! Can't you just be happy with your "big win"? This board is for Cane fans.

and for the record, Im not dumb enough to realize that wasn't one-sided overall. But to blame it all on the refs is ridiculous.

I am pretty sure we are all smart enough to know that orders weren't sent down to have us lose. But don't run your mouth on here saying we have no merrit on our bi*tching of the officiating. AO had a great game but his hits (like Wayne and Mario) are often overlooked and then everyone else gets the call when they follow suit. Being the genius you do know that right?.....

that game was terrible. I don't think they are upset by the number of penalties, but by the timing and the questionability of them. I would say that there were about 3-4 questionable calls on the Canes, and maybe 1 on the Caps. The timing of the penalties, however, did kill momentum when they started to get it. But at the same time, the Canes dug themselves a hole early.

I can agree with this.

Ovechkin is talented and plays with alot of passion but one of these days a Pronger type is going to clean his clock and they will probably leave their feet to do it.

I can't believe you all are blaming the officials and ONLY the officials. The ref did not put the puck in the net on the soft goal by Laich. The refs did not score the first goal either.

I agree some of the calls are questionable. Saying that the game is rigged is friggin stupid. The Caps have self destructed countless times over the years and I expected them to do that tonight.

Suck it up. They got beat.

Go back to your own forum. You wouldn't be here gloating if you lost, and I wouldnt be at your forum either way. When you come to someone elses house you need to act right. You wouldn't have even came here if you didn't see the calls sucked, and you OBVIOUSLY didn't care enough to go to your OWN TEAMS GAME.

Certainly the Canes started to suck after a while. You would too if the Refs started to ruin all your good chances, interrupt all your momentum, and when a star player cross-checks another star player, they ensure a cane comes off too. Or you ruin the any chances the canes get by calling 400 goaltender interference penalties.

This place is not for you.

Yes. We will lose the division to you, and likely miss the playoffs. And the NHL will have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Have fun getting beat in the first round (or getting games handed to you all the way thru) you #@#$$#

Ovechkin is talented and plays with alot of passion but one of these days a Pronger type is going to clean his clock and they will probably leave their feet to do it.

He needs a Scott Stevens shoulder to the temple... he wouldn't be such a dirty player if he got his once in a while

Go back to your own forum. You wouldn't be here gloating if you lost, and I wouldnt be at your forum either way. When you come to someone elses house you need to act right. You wouldn't have even came here if you didn't see the calls sucked, and you OBVIOUSLY didn't care enough to go to your OWN TEAMS GAME.

Certainly the Canes started to suck after a while. You would too if the Refs started to ruin all your good chances, interrupt all your momentum, and when a star player cross-checks another star player, they ensure a cane comes off too. Or you ruin the any chances the canes get by calling 400 goaltender interference penalties.

Yes. We will lose the division to you, and likely miss the playoffs. And the NHL will have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Have fun getting beat in the first round (or getting games handed to you all the way thru) you #@#$$#

lol lets's all go post gay pr0n on there board. :lol:

Dont throw in the towel just yet. We just need to tie at the end of the season

Already tilted?

Please

the Caps had a fluky goal where the puck just got lost in the middle of our defense and the Canes were still playing you even and tight. In fact, right before the penalty barrage happened, the Canes were arguably outplaying you. Then you get a couple cheap penalties on some weak calls, and then it just starts. The Canes then got the momentum back, and were looking to take the game over with a 5 on 3 to tie it up, when there was a bogus call on Walker for being the victim of Huet diving into his knees. Then, somehow a cheapshot by AO (which should have been a major) becomes matching penalties followed by a bogus double minor and the fix was in.

Other than the ridiculous time spent on the PK, the Canes outplayed the Caps tonight. You might still have won, but it would have been A LOT closer than it was. Stop the smug attitude and face the facts.

Really? The first penalty was not cheap at ALL. Then, you guys had a 5-on-3. From the angles, it looked as if Huet dove a bit, but he sold it. Can't blame the ref on that one. The 4 minute minor on Letowski has to be called. I believe that Ovie should've gotten 4 and Wallin 2. That would've been fair. But that would've still left the Caps with about a 1:30 power play. Since they scored about 1 min 15 sec after the controversial call, I believe they still would've scored with the shortened powerplay. Not to mention that the Caps are the better 4 v 4 team, according to the stats. Then you have the call on Hedican. That's just the league protecting its star player, and a stupid move by Hedican to throw the jab with the stick at the end. This happens all the time, but shouldn't be defended. It was a bad call. The last questionable call was the second goalie interference. It was a terrible call, but it is possible that the ref misjudged from his angle. In my opinion though, that was the worst call.

However, the Caps would have 2 more points if it weren't for being jobbed by the Bruins, so I'm not complaining.

He needs a Scott Stevens shoulder to the temple... he wouldn't be such a dirty player if he got his once in a while

Well everyone is afraid to touch him, because if we get penalties for getting crosschecked by him, can you imagine what we would get for actually hurting him?

Don't be angry at the Caps fans as I would enjoy rubbing it in if the NHL won the game for us as well. Get back at the NHL, cancel your season tickets, Don't buy anymore merchandise, Don't buy the NHL package and go out to watch some amateur Hockey instead. Gary Bettman is a plague on this league and I am sure he sent down the orders for the officials in this game.

The Refs better call a fair game tomorrow night! The Caniac Nation will Not stand for it if they don't!!!

I sure as heck hope we have someone other than Moe, Larry and Curley reffing our game tomorrow!!!