The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

Dont throw in the towel just yet. We just need to tie at the end of the season

Do you honestly think we are going to get fair officiating the rest of the week. +Torterella is going have the lightning play their butts off against us and then take it easy on the Caps, it would seem after the last game he is pretty anti-Canes. Check out his post game comments on the lightning site, calls us a embarrassment to the game.

I will be there tommorow, unlike all the Caps fans posting here while the real fans of the Caps are still coming back from the game. And I will be cheering for the Canes, but I just don't know anymore. We should make some "interesting" signs for tommorow.

Don't be angry at the Caps fans as I would enjoy rubbing it in if the NHL won the game for us as well. Get back at the NHL, cancel your season tickets, Don't buy anymore merchandise, Don't buy the NHL package and go out to watch some amateur Hockey instead. Gary Bettman is a plague on this league and I am sure he sent down the orders for the officials in this game.

Yes, because boycotting and forcing the team to move out of Raleigh would be such a great idea

I'm sure I speak for many here when I say I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE CAPS BEATING THE CANES. The Caps have had a phenomenal run and they're one of the hottest teams in the league right now. I will concede that the Caps outplayed the Canes tonight, and in all actuality, they probably still would've won the game because Washington just had more hunger in them tonight.

But.

This game was not called fairly by any stretch of the imagination. The NHL wonders why it can't increase it's fanbase. Here's a perfect example. A buddy of mine's father was watching the game with him tonight and when Walks was called for goaltender interference, his dad (who knows little about the rules of hockey) said, "but he was way out of the crease? how is that a penalty? and walker was already there?" And he was quickly turned off by the game. HMMMM. A game of this magnitude should've been called evenly and fairly. They ALL should be called evenly and fairly, but especially a game of this importance.

Honestly, I'd have had no problem with the Caps winning if the game was called fairly. I'd still be pissed off, but at least I could direct my frustration at the team instead of the same old story with typical "NHL Officiating."

Good luck to the Caps. I hope they get that 8 spot and stomp the Penguins.

Do you honestly think we are going to get fair officiating the rest of the week. +Torterella is going have the lightning play their butts off against us and then take it easy on the Caps, it would seem after the last game he is pretty anti-Canes. Check out his post game comments on the lightning site, calls us a embarrassment to the game.

I will be there tommorow, unlike all the Caps fans posting here while the real fans of the Caps are still coming back from the game. And I will be cheering for the Canes, but I just don't know anymore. We should make some "interesting" signs for tommorow.

I know, but I am looking forward to growing out my beard...

Exactly!!! I will be there too!!!

lol lets's all go post gay pr0n on there board. :lol:

Anyone who posts here who does that will be suspended indefinitely from here. <_<

Don't be angry at the Caps fans as I would enjoy rubbing it in if the NHL won the game for us as well. Get back at the NHL, cancel your season tickets, Don't buy anymore merchandise, Don't buy the NHL package and go out to watch some amateur Hockey instead. Gary Bettman is a plague on this league and I am sure he sent down the orders for the officials in this game.

See the problem with that though is if we do that, we will just lose our team, and that is it. I am torn on what to do, No-one will care about this but us. Every other team and team's fan is cheering on the Cap's and Ovechkin. We are just a third world country in the eyes of the NHL, and we can be mistreated, and who is to find out? No-one that's who. Sid the kid vs. Ovechkin in the EC finals. almost guarantee it.

Look, if the Caps announcers even disagree with half the calls against the Canes, you can imagine what we are going thru. So, 1...dont come on here running your mouth us, you have no chance of gaining support if your taunting us... and 2....shut the hell up...

Read my posts. I am not defending anyone. I already stated that some of the calls were weak but I also said that the Canes let the game get away. The first goal was legit. The second goal was weak. Ward gave up a cheap one. That was not done by the ref, linesman or the NHL. AO's goal was legit. So we take away the third goal and what? Sorry I just don't see it. Huet played very well.

Anyone who posts here who does that will be suspended indefinitely from here. <_<

I wouldn't really do it lol. I'm still posting here aren't I. But it is not cause I don't despise the Caps fans posting here, it is cause I don't want to see it myself lol.

See the problem with that though is if we do that, we will just lose our team, and that is it. I am torn on what to do, No-one will care about this but us. Every other team and team's fan is cheering on the Cap's and Ovechkin. We are just a third world country in the eyes of the NHL, and we can be mistreated, and who is to find out? No-one that's who. Sid the kid vs. Ovechkin in the EC finals. almost guarantee it.

Nice post..

Regardless of the calls or conspiracies, we lost and we just gotta move on from it. I was expecting a better effort, but it wasn't there. We just gotta win our last two games and not worry about anything else. Most people had both teams dead at various points of the season, so whatever happens at least it will be interesting (more so then I'd like) til the end.

Refs were bad, but Huet was good and the Capitals defense was very solid. We simply got outplayed by a better team tonight and would have lost even if the refs were calling it even.

Well there it is, the defining blow for me that ruined every other sport. I cannot stand to watch sports events. I am losing respect for the NHL by the minute. Looks like I will be a minor league fan from here on out if the officiating continues this way. I seriously doubt we will be ALLOWED to win the division. Screw the playoffs anyway, even if we get in, it will be a joke this year, there is no way the league will "let" Sid lose the first round again this year. It will be rigged games until AO faces off against Sidney in the conference finals, and then masterfully Sid the kid will win the rigged games to go onto the cup finals, which will be rigged against the west, cause none of those teams have big name players the caliber of Sid and AO. Then Sidney will have the cup, the NHL dream fulfilled... money rolling in everywhere, and the game a sham.

Pittsburgh gets handed another championship, just like they handed them the Superbowl a couple years ago. The NFL would make little money if the Seahawks won that game, and such would be the case if another no-name team like the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup again.

I think I am done with the NHL for a bit.

This post made me create an account on my favorite teams website, I usually lurked around reading everyones posts and either agreeing or disagreeing with you guys but I suppose that this was the final straw for me. Yeah, the officiating was horrid tonight, but don't go as far as saying "the NHL/NFL are rigged" you're talking about the leagues letting the more popular team win for money and this and that... look at this years superbowl... Ever since I started watching football, I havn't seen SO many kids and adults jump on a band wagon and cheer for the Patriots, half of these fans were ready and willing to get on their knees and felate tom brady, yeah, the NFL really handed the superbowl away on that one for the big bucks eh? I'm pretty sure the Giants won the superbowl..correct me if I'm wrong. So, I guess that wasn't for the big bucks.

Anyways, you hear about bad officiating at least in one game a night, tonight was just our night. Yeah, if Sid the kid wins the cup, it isn't because the evil NHL corperation wanted ALL of this money rolling in (which I don't see why, since I know more people who absolutley hate sidney crosby than like him). The Pens will win because of their team which has been constructed over the years. You have Jordan Staal (The youngest NHL player to ever score a hat trick), Sydney Crosby (The supposed next greatest thing to step on the ice) you have Malkin, who is almost, if not on par with talent as Ovechkin. You have Marien Hossa, Whitney. Alot of good players. Even if the NHL was about the big buck. The team that grosses the most money at they end of the regular season is the Maple Leafs, and look at that, they just lost to the sabres in a shoot out, the sabres... the team that has nothing going for them anymore, why arn't the leafs in post season contention anymore if the NHL is greedy for money? What about last year... how popular were the ducks before they won the cup compaired to the sens?

Yeah, I thought so. If the NHL is a popularity contest and they just wanted money.. Canadian teams would win the cup, every year.

What about the Habs, they're 1st in the east again. ahead of the pens hmmm. Sid the kid is out of 1st, we can't have that now can we? The net profit of a league thats been around for over 100 years is going to plunge BIG TIME.

All in all, look at it this way.... we beat Tampa Bay tomorrow (which we will because the canes excel under pressure) we're tied for 6th with the floundering senators. Are we still in playoff contention? Yes, I believe so. We should not roll over and die just yet.

So, that might not make sense, it might, I'm just shocked that so many people are paranoid that a league is SO corrupt. give me a break.

CanesFan, lock your windows, close your doors. The NHL is out to get you.

:lol:

try it and you'll find out

No, I don't do or wouldn't do something like that. I was just wondering, that's all.

But, If it has anything to do with tapping into an individual's IP address...that would be against the Law on their part...could have a lawsuit brought against them.

(but this is just a wild guess on my part)

And because I don't know where else to put this...the "Red out" the Caps were trying was bad. More like a "Red with white polka dots"

Plus I saw a good number of Canes sweaters.

No, I don't do or wouldn't do something like that. I was just wondering, that's all.

But, If it has anything to do with tapping into an individual's IP address...that would be against the Law on their part...could have a lawsuit brought against them.

(but this is just a wild guess on my part)

Nothing against the law to compare an IP address from the log of one site to another to determine who did it, and then ban them.

Come on people...

Fellow Canes fans, I'm there with you on this being a horribly officiated game. I knew it would likely be so when I saw who the refs would be. But as I said before the game, it just means the Canes needed to play a little harder to make sure they won. Unfortunately, they didn't. Was it only because of the penalties? No, not at all. They still could have won this game. Ward let in a couple of soft goals to dig them into a hole. Without those, the game could have been very different. There were also multiple times that various Canes couldn't bury the puck. Sure, the penalties hurt and are frustrating to see, but just as questionable penalties could have a negative affect on the play one goal could have started a rally. I'd rather they have called it fairly, or at the very least just let them play like they did in the first period, but they didn't. We've still got two games left, and this season is not over, nor are our playoff hopes. (Yeah, we have to deal with that certain ref again tomorrow night, but hopefully this game will fire up our guys enough that they'll come out and make sure it's not a factor.)

Caps fans, your team won, and even without the refs they earned it. They were the better team tonight. But you don't have to come here and defend your team. Just let us vent. You'd feel the same if it were the other way around tonight.

Refs were bad, but Huet was good and the Capitals defense was very solid. We simply got outplayed by a better team tonight and would have lost even if the refs were calling it even.

Bingo! The reffing has stunk in many games all season. It's up the team to rise above and find a way to win anyway. They have done it before but they did not tonight because they were not the better team. I'd still rather be us than them. If we both win the next two - we STILL take the division.