The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

The NHL is pulling out all the stops to get the Caps in

That is how our game should have been tonight. Even if we had to lose, I would have rather have lost like the Oilers did...

Just great, there goes my fantasy team too :angry: . This has not been my night.

That is how our game should have been tonight. Even if we had to lose, I would have rather have lost like the Oilers did...

Just great, there goes my fantasy team too :angry: . This has not been my night.

It occurs to me that the Caps sort of had a Canes season in reverse. The Canes came out playing great and then sometime in November began playing just barely .500 hockey. The Caps came out awful and then after switching coaches have been playing great hockey. Having momentum going into the playoffs is essential so it stands to reason the Canes need to play their A game and win the last two game with a great effort. If not they simply don't belong in the playoffs. The only negative thing for the next game is that Brad Watson if ref'ing again. And he's also the guy who called the two diving penalties against Williams back in Florida - just before the two Florida players sandwiched him and tore his knee up.

It occurs to me that the Caps sort of had a Canes season in reverse. The Canes came out playing great and then sometime in November began playing just barely .500 hockey. The Caps came out awful and then after switching coaches have been playing great hockey. Having momentum going into the playoffs is essential so it stands to reason the Canes need to play their A game and win the last two game with a great effort. If not they simply don't belong in the playoffs. The only negative thing for the next game is that Brad Watson if ref'ing again. And he's also the guy who called the two diving penalties against Williams back in Florida - just before the two Florida players sandwiched him and tore his knee up.

I wish the Canes would petition to the NHL that brad watson is NOT an NHL caliber official, therefore we do NOT want him officiating our games! :angry:

I try to find the good in everything but, last night I could not find the logic in the way the officals were calling the game. Yes, we got away with a few hooks here and there but so did they. It is the playoffs so I understand them letting the game be played. But the late hit on Staal by Ovechkin? OK, Huet made the save and Staal skated by him and tapped his glove. No foul! It was just a tap. But then, Ovechkin comes all that way and cross-checks Staal? Yes, he got a penalty but Walker got one and he just pushed Ovechkin away from Staal.

Then, Ovechkin leaves his feet, only about 2 inches but he still leaves his feet, hits Hedican after the puck is well away from him. Hedican just pushes Ovcehkins head down and spins him and Hedican gets the roughing call? I am sorry but after seeing that over and over again, DVR, that was a very bad call on the official.

I do not want to believe that the NHL is working to get the Caps and the Pens in just to make see the "golden children" play. I refuse to believe that!!

The game tonight I am hoping that the Canes will be more physical with the Bolts than they were last time. Funny thing to me though is how we play the Bolts first then the next night the Caps play them. Then, we play the Panthers and again, the next night the Caps play them. Easy games for the Caps since we will be tiring them both out before they play the Caps.

Funny how that works, isn't it? <_<

The officiating was terrible,but what I think is alot of people are getting scare that were not gonna make it and then they can say this was the game that cost it for us,well I got news for ya all,were gonna CRUSH the bolt and the cats and make the PLAYOFFS,then we can have the last LAUGH!!!!!!!

Might've helped if the 'Canes hadn't backed themselves into a corner going back to Nov. til before the ASG, too. We shouldn't have to be in the position, to HAVE to have "must-win" games now. We did this last season & I would've thought that the team had learned from that. Might not be the popular thing to say but it's true... Sure, the reffing's not too sharp for us tonight, but this game shouldn't be as crucial as it is for us.

I have to agree with you. Very good post.

The game was a bunch of @*#^ last night! But you know what...the Canes are gonna be fired up and even though we got some of the same lame @$$ refs tonight and they want to give the game to Tampa, they are gonna play their hearts out!

COME ON COME ON COME ON.....LET'S GO!!!

To those of you saying "We should have backed ourselves into a corner"

What about Washington? They were 14th in the East.....so...I guess neither of us really "deserve it" then?

Even though I HATE to say it, but Washington has definitely turned their season around. We have to give credit where credit is due. (That almost made me gag saying that! <_< ) Now on to last night's game.....

We didn't match their intensity. They were pumped. They talked mad trash before the game. They were playing hard. It just didn't seem like our guys were as prepared as they thought they were. Maybe they knew that if we got a L last night them we were not out completely. BUT, that is not a good thing to do. I do agree with some of the posts stating that the NHL wants a Caps/Pens match-up in the playoffs. The officiating last night was HORRIBLE. No, we didn't lose b/c of the officiating. But, we would have had a better chance to win the real way. AO, I am just sick of. He's a good player, yes. But when I see him OFF the ice, in mid-air checking my Hedican, someone in the NHL needs t recognize that these officals last night were doing everything they could NOT to see these obvious calls. Yeah, we probably got away with some, too. That happens every game. But last night was unreal. And we have one of the #$% holes tonight! Our boys better be ready to play smart hockey tonight. STAY OUT OF THE BOX AT ALL COSTS!

I am still somewhat new to the sport of hockey. But it is obvious that no one wants is in the playoffs, except the Caniacs. And guess what NHL world, we Caniacs will get our boys there. We believe in our team from start to finish. If I am not mistaken, the Caps had NO fand beginning of the season when they stunk!!!!!!!!!!!! It is all a Caps bandwagon now. And I think some of the officials have jumped on it, too.

SOCK IT TO TAMPA TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, did I just post something that long? Sorry guys, I had a lot to say!!!!! :unsure:

To those of you saying "We should have backed ourselves into a corner"

What about Washington? They were 14th in the East.....so...I guess neither of us really "deserve it" then?

I feel both teams deserve to get in. While the Canes have made great progress considering all the injuries this season the Caps just have the Whatever It Takes attitude.

I feel both teams deserve to get in. While the Canes have made great progress considering all the injuries this season the Caps just have the Whatever It Takes attitude.

We will win tonight! Crappy officiating or not, we will win. Just like in Game 7!!!! I think the buzz in the arena will be incredible....

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I just hear right and these refs will be in the RBC Center tomorrow!!!!

Holy hell, how obvious can the screwjob be?

yes, you heard that, at least ,the one that is most in question from last night. i do not recall his name.

bleh bleh bleh... go wipe ovechkins rear end.. im sure he cant do that alone either

Actually, AO is an excellent puck handler. More notable, last night, he was there at least twice to get it done on rebounds... not to mention other plays he was key in. I'm not condoning his dirty plays he is getting away with right now. I can't stand the guy. Am i the only one who thinks he looks like Wiley the coyote? :unsure:

as awful as the officiating was last night, 2nd period, right as momentum was clearly swinging in carolina's favor, its just as frustrating to look at the remaining schedule. considering washington gets our sloppy seconds for the last two games, it seems unfeasible that washington could possibly lose. i know its cliche these days to say the nhl is against us, and i dont necessarily think that the league is purposely trying to hinder our chances at making the playoffs, and obviously hindsight is 20/20, but what kind of @#$% is this? we have to play our last 3 games over 4 days while washington gets our teams on the 2nd days of back-to-back? its ridiculous. forgot to mention, despite the fact AO is the best player in the league, and i maintain that, every hit he charges. and so when he charged hedi in the 3rd, after bret had discussed it pregame, and hedi got a roughing penalty...i left. woeful officiating.

also...just to throw insult to huge injury......the technician's [ncsu newspaper] daily crossword puzzle today, 1-across [most important clue, you know] was 'toboggans'. the answer? CAPS!!! misery...