The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
blueize74

Open Rooting for the Caps Amongst the Media

All media are biased in one direction or another. Just a few admit their leanings. Applies in both politics and sports.

I'm going to agree with them in that I want Washington in the playoffs.

Just not at our expense.

Agreed. It would be nice if Washington could make it into the playoffs without kicking us out. :)

Ehh, the media's biased, it usually is.

Reminds me of 06 Game 7 where they were about to award the Conn Smythe trophy and the NBC announcers wanted it sooo bad for it to go to Pisani. Well, they also wanted sooo badly for the Oilers to win the cup. But that didn't happen either. ;)

Geez-O-Pete, What does a team have to do to get some respect... Win the cup a 2nd time. Your on! Look out Lord Stanley here comes a Hurricane!

I'm going to agree with them in that I want Washington in the playoffs.

Just not at our expense.

It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Caps did not make the playoffs. I can wait until next season to see them, ahemm ;) , (Ovechkin) play again.

Umm... I'm sorry but who cares what the media says about the Caps? And put yourself in anyone else's shoes besides our own. Washington hasn't made playoffs in FIVE YEARS and they have arguably the best player in the NHL on their team. Why wouldn't the media pull for Washington?

I don't know who wrote that blog post, but from their words, their definition of the Canes getting "respect" from the media would require the media to be biased to the Canes. Face it. The two main reasons so many are pulling for Washington isn't out of disrespect for the Canes, it's for the hope that a team with a great player can make playoffs for the first time in half a decade.

Please pull your Canes bias goggles off. ;)

I hope Washington gets in as an 8 seed.

We have put on a great run for the playoffs despite our numerous injuries to key players. As much as it pains me to say it but if the Caps beat us Tuesday they deserve to go to the playoffs in the 3rd seed. (believe me I don't want to lose that seed) I want us to get in so bad and I will be watching the game on pins and needles. I hope we can pull it out. Leaving the 2 points on the table Sat. really hurt us and put our backs even more against the wall. Its gut check time and we will get the chance to prove whether we have what it takes to make the playoffs. We are getting more healthy all the time-just get in the playoffs and who knows what can happen...

Go Canes beat the Craps!!!!!! Lets make their fans choke on their jealousy and sour grapes about so called diving!!

You just know the conspiracy theories will be flying left and right if we end up with more penalties than the Caps, especially if there are a few 5-on-3s mixed in.

Umm... I'm sorry but who cares what the media says about the Caps? And put yourself in anyone else's shoes besides our own. Washington hasn't made playoffs in FIVE YEARS and they have arguably the best player in the NHL on their team. Why wouldn't the media pull for Washington?

I don't know who wrote that blog post, but from their words, their definition of the Canes getting "respect" from the media would require the media to be biased to the Canes. Face it. The two main reasons so many are pulling for Washington isn't out of disrespect for the Canes, it's for the hope that a team with a great player can make playoffs for the first time in half a decade.

Please pull your Canes bias goggles off. ;)

I hope Washington gets in as an 8 seed.

Well no one likes it when there is an overwhelming support being given to the other team you're competing with, but yea I'd have to agree with most of your post. The media is pulling for Washington mostly because a AO vs SC series is something every media outlet is salivating over, not because they want to see the Canes out. Carolina plays much more exciting hockey then Boston that's for sure.

We have put on a great run for the playoffs despite our numerous injuries to key players. As much as it pains me to say it but if the Caps beat us Tuesday they deserve to go to the playoffs in the 3rd seed. (believe me I don't want to lose that seed) I want us to get in so bad and I will be watching the game on pins and needles. I hope we can pull it out. Leaving the 2 points on the table Sat. really hurt us and put our backs even more against the wall. Its gut check time and we will get the chance to prove whether we have what it takes to make the playoffs. We are getting more healthy all the time-just get in the playoffs and who knows what can happen...

Go Canes beat the Craps!!!!!! Lets make their fans choke on their jealousy and sour grapes about so called diving!!

would Williams be available any time in the playoffs?

You just know the conspiracy theories will be flying left and right if we end up with more penalties than the Caps, especially if there are a few 5-on-3s mixed in.

Ask Leaf fans about the '93 Leafs/Kings series.

Guess the media wants a Pittsburg vs Washington matchup for the Eastern Conference Finals

That won't happen... If the Caps get in the playoffs and then they will be the 8th seed (Cause the Canes are WINNING the Division B) ) and would play the #1 seeded Pittsburgh in the 1st round. Media would still get their wish. (Hope the Flyers choke!)

Don't see why they would put it on the main site if it wasn't true.

didn't know it was on the main site, I come straight to the message board.

Well I guess that's good news.

Does anyone know if the game with be broadcasted online anywhere, since I will not be able to get it on TV since I'm from Winnipeg, MB????

WILLIAMS + WHITNEY = WIN ;)