The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
blueize74

Open Rooting for the Caps Amongst the Media

If they could see this kind of situation coming long before the season started, then hats off to the schedule makers. And if the NHL really wanted them in so badly they would be in already, not clinging to a little bit of hope.

I am sure everyone would want to see SC & AO in the finals, but of course that won't happen. If we make it and get knocked out of the playoffs, I am for Pit all the way. I like SC. He isn't cocky like AO. I can't stand to look at AO with his poked out lip. :P

If they could see this kind of situation coming long before the season started, then hats off to the schedule makers. And if the NHL really wanted them in so badly they would be in already, not clinging to a little bit of hope.

I don't know if I would go so far as to call it a conspiracy....more setting the table IF the season comes down to the wire. Such as it is now.

Don't you think it is funny that The Canes and Crapitals both play the Lightning and Panthers their last 2 games of the season...yet the Craps get each team on the 2nd game of a back to back in each case?

It's kind of hard not to see some type of favoritism toward getting this team into the playoffs when decisions like this are made.

So when the schedule was made last summer some time.....the fortune tellers/schedule makers knew it would come down to the wire for these two teams and made that schedule on purpose to help the Capitals. You know, it can also work like this......The panthers take a beating from the canes and they get so pissed off by it that they are determined it won't happen the next night.....If the canes don't make the playoffs it won't be because of the schedule, refs, fans, or whatever else...it will be because of the bad 2 months or so they had when they played with no desire.,,,( they didn't set the table either)

I'm posting in here since the other thread about the "NHL pulling for the CAPS to make the playoffs" is closed.

It sure looked like to me that the NHL and the officials tonight were doing all they could to HAND the Canes the SE crown by thumping the Panthers for 9 penalties, w/o even 1 for the Canes. THAT is unheard of at this level.

:lol: