The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

Goal Horn---What's up with that?

Yeah, I really thought it was just super loud so it was harder to hear the horn. Plus, me and a bunch of other people in the section had thundersticks so it seemed like the crowd was just louder than normal.

i heard it i just thought it sounded different. then i was wondering if maybe they made it sound like a ship horn or something for the marines or navy

I noticed it to...

but i gotta say that be good idea for military ap night

I was sitting up by the horn and it sounded like it was having pressure issues. There were people up there trying to fix it during the game but it seemed like they had only partial success and it wasn't able to blast for more than a second without quieting down.

Maybe the goal-horn caught the flu too, :(

I almost want to wear a surgery mask to the games. :P

Yesterday some kid sat right next to me, started coughing and sneezing... and now im starting to get the flu :mellow:

boy is this flu spreading around

I like the one we have. I hate the ones that sound like sirens.

I would seriously bring ear plugs to games if we got one of those. I LOVE our horn. Plus it is neat because it is the horn from Hartford...it's like keeping ties to our roots.

Plus it is neat because it is the horn from Hartford...it's like keeping ties to our roots.

While it may be sentimental to keep the horn, the reality is that it have "tooted" its last. Could be more expensive to repair than replace.

I looked around for it last night (wanted to see what it looked like) and the closest thing I found was a bunch of horn things under the speakers on the opposite side of the arena.

anyone have a picture of it so I can be sure I was looking at the right thing?

point, I've actually seen other teams fans actually say we get too much horn (as opposed to more cowbell) and that sounding it once (maybe twice) is ok, but our hornblower seems to get into it too much

point, I've actually seen other teams fans actually say we get too much horn (as opposed to more cowbell) and that sounding it once (maybe twice) is ok, but our hornblower seems to get into it too much

He does that on purpose, to be obnoxious. Like at the Sabres game where he would let it go for like 10 seconds. I find it hilarious.

You knew I was going to get in on this thread the moment I saw it...

I think it's time we get a new goal horn sound? What you guys think.

Very funny.

I looked around for it last night (wanted to see what it looked like) and the closest thing I found was a bunch of horn things under the speakers on the opposite side of the arena.

I've looked all over for it, but I'm pretty sure the T-3 is hidden somewhere where we can't see it from our seats.

but our hornblower seems to get into it too much

No he doesn't. He does it the way it should be done. A lot of teams don't blow their horn enough, which is sad. Goal horns are one of the best things about hockey.

Oh I noticed alright. The goal horn takes the game to the next level. It pumps me up to the point of insanity haha. I notice every teams horns. My friends think I'm weird but it's a great part of the game. It did sound weird and I hope its fixed. We obviously have the best horn blower guy. He loves that think GO CANES!!!! I actually want that job to blow the horn.

We sit in 314 and after each score and horn sounding you can hear a compressor going crazy behind us. I think it is recharging the goal horn. The first few games everyone is turning around trying to figure out what the heck is going on, now the regulars all all used to it.

I noticed the different sound immediately after the first goal too. Hopefully it's back to form by Tues. It's bad enough they've started changing the music after our goals, ditching the horn as well would be total garbage. It's great that our horn is unique, don't change it, Canes.