The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

Goal Horn---What's up with that?

That is great to know that the horn is still made and supported. My kids especially liked this YouTube video:

I need one of these for when I leave for work at 3am to get back at the neighbors playing hip hop that shakes our walls.

Ok, there was another thread here recently about the horn which I had read, so my son and I have been undergoing a quest to find the horn, wandering the arena between periods looking for it. Tonight, on the third game searching, SUCCESS!

Here's how to find it... Go to the very top of Section 316, and stand at the aisle between 316 and 315, face towards the ice. To your immediate right will be a catwalk which is used to walk over the crowd to get to the inner catwalks above the arena to run spotlights and other things... Look on the catwalk where it joins with the inner catwalks, towards the retired State Jerseys. At the junction where that catwalk meets the inner catwalk, the horn is sitting on the catwalk, pointing upward. It would be shielded from view from below by the floor of the catwalk, which is why it is hard to find. It does indeed look exactly like the picture provided earlier, quoted below...

Correction, It's between 315 and 314. So substitute top of 315 in my instructions above.

More Horn Talk, On the way home after the game last night, probably 45-60 minutes after the game during the 99.9 wrap-up which is broadcast live from the lower level North end, you could hear the goal horn going crazy. What's up with that? RBC Workers having fun?

More Horn Talk, On the way home after the game last night, probably 45-60 minutes after the game during the 99.9 wrap-up which is broadcast live from the lower level North end, you could hear the goal horn going crazy. What's up with that? RBC Workers having fun?

Yeah, I find that lately the goal horn operator has gotten a little carried away, although I'm sure it's just to be obnoxious. The best game to date was the Sabres game way back when, and they showed our SCC Banner and the gorn guy just went crazy with it.

IMO You can never overdo the horn...unless it's the Ovechkins' goal horn.

If the FireAntz ever get a horn, I'm going to be the horn operator. I must... that's like, my dream job. :lol:

Haha... some people used to ring it as they walked out after the game, but now they've got a guy standing there guarding it. It's pretty funny.

Even though it is the same horn from Hartford, I always thought it sounded a little different since they moved. I thnk it might be the person who blows it and the size of the building. The Hartford Civic Center was much smaller and when goals were scored, no matter where you sat, you felt this energy of the horn go right through you. The Civic Center would shake. Listen here and you'll notice a difference. In Carolina, it blows slower and sounds a few tones deeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at5xBf0Q0

Even though it is the same horn from Hartford, I always thought it sounded a little different since they moved. I thnk it might be the person who blows it and the size of the building. The Hartford Civic Center was much smaller and when goals were scored, no matter where you sat, you felt this energy of the horn go right through you. The Civic Center would shake. Listen here and you'll notice a difference. In Carolina, it blows slower and sounds a few tones deeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at5xBf0Q0''>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at5xBf0Q0' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at5xBf0Q0[/post]

Wow I really enjoyed watching that video of Wesley scoring for the Whalers in 1995's opening game and hearing the horn. The place was really packed with Whaler's fans. This is the first time I felt their pain for losing their team. :mellow:

Alright hag... tonight's the night I'm using your instructions. I'll be sure to take a picture of it. :)

Alright hag... tonight's the night I'm using your instructions. I'll be sure to take a picture of it. :)

Please do, I want to see it. I looked for this weekend during the NCAA tournament but couldn't seem to find it.

img0815fz3.jpg

That's pretty much the best I could do. The catwalk totally covers it up. But hey, at least you can somewhat see it. If you look really close in the middle of the picture, you can see a few trumpet-looking things. That would be the lovely Kahlenberg T-3. :)

Yep, good job, you got it. Picture is hard to see, much easier to see in person. People will just have to go see on their own for a good glimpse...

yeah i remember watching this game, after like the first or second goal i thought i heard the horn cut short. then the next couple times they tried to blow it, it sounded like a dying duck

Yep, good job, you got it. Picture is hard to see, much easier to see in person. People will just have to go see on their own for a good glimpse...

Yeah... it's actually not that bad in person. You can see it a lot better. But since it's dark up there, you really can't get a good picture unless you're close to it, and you obviously can't be unless you're part of the staff.

Wow I really enjoyed watching that video of Wesley scoring for the Whalers in 1995's opening game and hearing the horn. The place was really packed with Whaler's fans. This is the first time I felt their pain for losing their team. :mellow:

WOW I was at that game, and I remember that goal now like it was yesterday,

Ok, this was brought up last year, but apparently I did not save the information - where is an internet connection to goal horns that one can download for phone ringtones?

And of course, I am basically interested in the Carolina goal horn, but it would be kind of a hoot (or should I say 'toot' ?!) to download different goal horns for selected special folks!

Ok, this was brought up last year, but apparently I did not save the information - where is an internet connection to goal horns that one can download for phone ringtones?

And of course, I am basically interested in the Carolina goal horn, but it would be kind of a hoot (or should I say 'toot' ?!) to download different goal horns for selected special folks!

Go here and click on "mobile"

http://www.easports.com/nhl08/countdown/''>http://www.easports.com/nhl08/countdown/' target="_blank">http://www.easports.com/nhl08/countdown/[/post]

I am leary of downloads like this, you never know what's going to pop up on your computer, years ago I thought weatherbug was a good idea until gators that were loaded along with it kept popping up ads all over the place. Does that link actually have a Canes Goal horn as a ring tone? That would be awesome, never thought of that. I usually keep mine on vibrate and am anoyed with all the cutsie ringtones, but bring on the kahlenberg!

Thanks for the information. It was interesting to check out how many times different teams goal horn/songs have been downloaded. I nearly fell over looking at the thousands of downloads for the San Jose Sharks! (and I couldn't figure out what was so all-fire special about their goal horn!?) Maybe they just have a hugely loyal fan base who like to scare the devil out of anyone in earshot when their phones go off! :blink: