The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

The urge to post a Twisted Sister video is overwhelming. :lol:

I guess I'll start this out.

Laviolette's on my **** list at the moment. The team's not getting it done, and all signs point to coaching. However, changes in coaching have been hit or miss this season. It revitalized Atlanta (enough to the point that they're vying for the division lead), but it hasn't done anything new for Washington. They're still last in the league.

Feels a little funny to have started this after the win tonight but we know what's coming when the loss happens....

Feels a little funny to have started this after the win tonight but we know what's coming when the loss happens....

Heh a certain someone was in chat tonight and was still ticked off after the win so he'll find his new home here soon enough lol.

I'm happy about the win BUT this team still has problems that need to be fixed.

As far as the team is concerned, what is frustrating is we KNOW this team, this staff, this coach.....all can perform very well at their respective jobs and can cause the outcome of any game to be positive for this team. What is SO frustrating to so many is that regardless that we know we have the skill, the guys cant seem to find that skill on a consistent basis. If only these guys could play night in and night out like the guys in Detroit, or even that "new" team over in Chicago......clicking clicking clicking.......things would be different around this board as far as attitudes are concerned.

I have no problem with losing as long as the team is giving a solid effort. The problem lately is that the team has mailed it in on a few occassions and not put forth their best effort. For instance, last night in Philly they played hard with some desparation in their game. If they had lost the game, I would have had few complaints because they played hard. That is all you can ask for. Efforts like the Ottawa and Buffalo game are not excusable.

I have no problem with losing as long as the team is giving a solid effort. The problem lately is that the team has mailed it in on a few occassions and not put forth their best effort. For instance, last night in Philly they played hard with some desparation in their game. If they had lost the game, I would have had few complaints because they played hard. That is all you can ask for. Efforts like the Ottawa and Buffalo game are not excusable.

Well said... I dont mind paying thousands for tickets and watching them lose, I don't expect to win the cup every year or even make the playoffs every year. I DO mind watching professional atheletes who are getting millions to play 82 games not show up without reason.

Scott Walker coming back from a VERY painful injury, jumps in to a fight a couple of games back and gets bloodied and 4 days later he skated as hard as anyone ever has. Chad Larose is probably the lowest paid player on our roster (as well as small) and he gives 100% every night because he knows its an honor to be playing in the NHL. Some of the "stars" would do well to remember that. I had no complaints with the level of effort Saturday win or lose. Maybe Lavi needs to remind everyone that NHL games are 3 20 minute periods and not 3 10 minute periods from Pee Wee.

Message to the Mods:

Can we make this thread pinned? Otherwise it will go to the second page after couple of wins (hopefully) and eventially new rant threads will start mushrooming.

Thank you!

D

Message to the Mods:

Can we make this thread pinned? Otherwise it will go to the second page after couple of wins (hopefully) and eventially new rant threads will start mushrooming.

Thank you!

D

There's always someone unhappy about something so Im sure this thread won't disappear too quickly, LOL. We'll watch it in case it does. It can also be easily retrieved when needed.

Message to the Mods:

Thank you!

D

There's always someone unhappy about something so Im sure this thread won't disappear too quickly, LOL. We'll watch it in case it does. It can also be easily retrieved when needed.

I'm unhappy about the fact this isn't pinned :lol:

I have no problem with losing as long as the team is giving a solid effort. The problem lately is that the team has mailed it in on a few occassions and not put forth their best effort.

AMEN! That's what I have been trying to say all along. I have no problem with losing as long as they play their hardest. They all always go out and play the hardest they can. Let's say one game may not be their BEST effort they have ever given due to god knows what (recovering from an injury, recovering from an illness or other personal issues/ "trama", etc.) but they do try as hard as they can in that ONE game. They can always get better... though I have heard some people say that we can only get worse (not possible, I say).

When I watched that Philly game... it made me think of something. We aren't the Stanley Cup team from 2006 and we probably never will be again. But we looked like we had more support on the ice... like we looked less like teammates and more like long time "best buddies". The team looked more like friends that were having fun. At one point they put a wireless mic on Gleason and he yelled where everyone to be. I know a lot of our guys do that, but he just stood out to me. If everyone yelled as loud as he did, then we could have more communication, more chances to take shots, and more chances to stop the other team from getting in an open spot so they can't score on us. They went out, they communicated more to each other, and they had fun... and they won!!!!

I know we have some problems that need to be resolved... but honestly, in Philly, it looked like the answers were starting to show though the repairs will keep effecting well into next year.

Go Canes and let the repairs begin!!!!

I really have got to agree with this...I think the December 14th game was a good example. Hey we did not win...but the team gave a great effort and did not get down when Calgary scored first.

Hey, Isn't this thread about whining and complaining?? The last few posters are way too positive :D:P J/K

I share that sentiment....

ugh more agreeing......this thread is going downhill with positiveness

Should make a I'm so happy with the team right no thread and maybe that thread would result in something negative.

Should make a I'm so happy with the team right no thread and maybe that thread would result in something negative.

Its just in a lull after a win, wait till the next loss. ;)

Its just in a lull after a win, wait till the next loss. ;)

Look at this as well.....in the last 5 games in the 2nd period we have 6 GA and 7 GF......that's even in what USED to be our worst period by far. so far this month, including the bad Sabres game, we have 7 GF and 9 GA. and that is in 9 games. that is 1 every 1 game for opponents and 1 every 1.28 games for us. for the month before, we scored 8 and opponents scored 17 in 13 games. thats an average of 1 goal ever .764 games for opponents and 1 every 3.25 games for us. That was bad. We have gotten better there so far, but we NEED to score in the 1st.....bottom line.

Alright, time to get this thread back on track:

Since the lockout, Carolina is 54-3-4 when leading after 1. Why the hell can we never lead after the 1st period this year?

Im gonna go out on a a limb and say its because we spot the other team at least one sometimes more goals..then we start to show up in the second. :blink:

Im gonna go out on a a limb and say its because we spot the other team at least one sometimes more goals..then we start to show up in the second. :blink:

haha, taking you seriously here......

that would be fine if we could come from behind and win. The game vs. Philly was the only game I have seen in a long time that a team has battled back hard against the canes after being down and has not come back to beat us. I was very surprised that we didnt give up and kept on clicking. if only for getting 1 more goal in regulation, we could have kept them out of the EC top 8 i think .