The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

A puck moving d-man would be nice, but honestly if this team could just keep Borer up in the NHL and somehow get a good shut down defensive minded Dman then we would make a run in the playoffs. Right now we have some solid d-men, but the ones that aren't solid are awful. Hedican/Kaberle are the two most ineffective and Wallin is either hit or miss. As much as I love Wesley it is time to get someone more physical and younger.

WHat kind of coach pulls a young player from the net like that? You have to let each player know that you have confidence in their play! If not, they will never have confidence in themselves. Now I understand why we have one of the oldest teams in the NHL. Because Lavi cannot handle coaching young talented players. This season has been totally bad for my health!!! DEFENSE where is our defense!!! We are like the Texas Rangers in the late 90's. They had the best line up in baseball but no pitching! I dunno

I still love'em and believe that we can turn it around! I don't hear that fat lady just yet!!!

I have a feeling that the spanking the boys are about to receive in Ottawa Thursday night will be loud enough for me to hear it here in NYC, if not all the way down in Raleigh.

Trades, trades, trades. Sure, it might add a spark, but putting a new muffler on your El Camino maketh not a Ferrari. I have to agree with those questioning the coaching. Tonight's mysterious Ward-in-the-third is really freakin' discouraging to me on that note. But more so, there has been such an apparent lack of work ethic through much of the fall, that I just don't know where else to look. Anybody seen Staal getting benched after stretches of games where he barely showed up?

Let the Rats kids play. We are entering a basement that has no emergency elevator this year, so might as well spend a little effort on some actual development while there's ice in the building and a few butts in the seats to similute an NHL "game" for the ones who are actually showing up to work like they have to earn their nickel.

As bad as Staal has been lately I think he deserves a little slack. He carried this team for a while, but guys like Brindy, Cole (before the last 2 games), and Stillman have not been showing up and I don't think that anyone in hockey can go 1 on 5 and score a hat trick while doing it.

We don't need a puck moving defensemen

we need a solid, true first line stay at home d-man

No we don't, that would just add another guy to the lineup who won't have any skill or responsibility for the transition game and we have enough of them already.

No we don't, that would just add another guy to the lineup who won't have any skill or responsibility for the transition game and we have enough of them already.

Hence the '1st line' part

we don't need a guy who would normally be a 2nd liner playing against other top line players... we need a true first liner... something we DON'T have

No, lol.

I think you are confusing what you think the team needs most with what I want to be "mad as heck..." about. In this case it's the lack of decent offensive defensman. You can be "mad as heck" about whatever you want to, don't tell me mine lol

If you want to unload your frustrations about the team's play, this is your thread. Just a few rules to keep the thread from getting closed:

1) Keep it clean and respectful. All the rules of the board will still apply and any foul language, personal attacks or insults could result in warnings, suspensions and the locking of the thread.

2) Posting about a player's personal life will not be allowed, they're allowed to have a private life regardless of their performance on the ice.

3) Keep it constructive, if the thread is simply used for bashing it will be closed. When pointing out the negatives, give examples why. Without backing up your negative comment, its just bashing.

4) Do not take matters into your own hands and police other members. If someone is breaking any of the above rules, report it to the staff and it'll be handled.

For those who don't want to hear or don't agree with all the negative posts, this isn't the thread for you.

Carry on....

:P I was at the Game tonite , I live in Toronto , but of course I am a Caniac.....I spent $146.00 on 1 ticket and even tho my boys were not up to par tonite ..I was very proud to be wearing my jersey and cheering for my Canes.....altho I am going to take some ribbing at work :angry:

i like Leighton , I saw him play with albany againt the marlies 2 weeks ago , but i am so glad i got to see Cam between the pipes ....even if he did let in that stupid goal :angry:

when travelling home on the train I kept my chin up and proudly displayed my colours and my answer to any leafs fan that jeered was

" we will still be playing hockey when the leafs are playing GOLF " ;)

Checked out the stats this morning and its official :angry: we're in 9th place right now. :angry:

Also checked out the Slugs stats( just to get some consolation-it didn't help) 1-4-5 us 3-6-1.

:angry: I need to leave now. Maybe break something or tear something up. Maybe that will remove some anxiety. lol

Checked out the stats this morning and its official :angry: we're in 9th place right now. :angry:

Also checked out the Slugs stats( just to get some consolation-it didn't help) 1-4-5 us 3-6-1.

:angry: I need to leave now. Maybe break something or tear something up. Maybe that will remove some anxiety. lol

Yeah I have been ripping phone books.

Ok I can't do that but I wish I could. Ripping post it note pads is tough too.

LOL Anyways, silliness aside, I am still going to watch but I am not going to expect much.

As I said in an earlier post, we are just as likely to defeat anyone in the NHL with guys like Aucoin and Nolan in the line-up as we are with Cullen and Whitney in the line-up. The market for players like Cole, Commodore, Stillman, Walker, and Whitney will never be as high as it is right now with virtually every team in the Western Conference (outside of the Kings) still in the playoff hunt and likely thinking they are just "one player away" from being an elite team. I think it would be a mistake to not take advantage of that and stock up for the immediate and long-term future with picks and high-end prospects. I appreciate what those guys have done for the Hurricanes, but if we continue to ride them until they can't play hockey anymore the Carolina Hurricanes will be face-to-face with a re-build period that could very likely end with the franchise in another city.

Lavi pulling Leighton what a dumb move and don't give me that old line,,,,,Were trying to get something going. What a joke!

Leighton was doing well. I can remember times when Grahame had givin up 5 goals and still no change. Why the change at this point? Talk about a confidence breaker for both goalies.

I have to wonder if Leighton was sick or something... I just really, really hope Lavi had a sane persons reason for starting him and then pulling him. To me it looked like all it did was confuse our confused goalies even more...

Leighton was doing well. I can remember times when Grahame had givin up 5 goals and still no change. Why the change at this point? Talk about a confidence breaker for both goalies.

Yeah he takes Leighton a guy that is playing well and pulls him. Then takes takes Cam who is cold and has been watchng that disaster in front of Leighton and throws him to the wolves. That move had to be the most IDIOTIC thing I have ever seen in a tight game where Leighton was playing well.

As I said in an earlier post, we are just as likely to defeat anyone in the NHL with guys like Aucoin and Nolan in the line-up as we are with Cullen and Whitney in the line-up. The market for players like Cole, Commodore, Stillman, Walker, and Whitney will never be as high as it is right now with virtually every team in the Western Conference (outside of the Kings) still in the playoff hunt and likely thinking they are just "one player away" from being an elite team. I think it would be a mistake to not take advantage of that and stock up for the immediate and long-term future with picks and high-end prospects. I appreciate what those guys have done for the Hurricanes, but if we continue to ride them until they can't play hockey anymore the Carolina Hurricanes will be face-to-face with a re-build period that could very likely end with the franchise in another city.

well said, unfortunately too many people are way too sentimental when it comes to these players and they will wait until those rebuilding years until they want to trade everyone. I'd rather see this team be competitive every year and keep as well as build a stronger fan base. A cup isnt going to be won every year with a small market team, but I wouldnt mond thinking every year that we're in the running.

I read that this morning and Lavi's explanation on why he swapped goalies is baffling to me. And why would you not at least tell Leights why he was being pulled??? He's messing with the goalies heads very badly and we really don't need that on top of everything else right now, IMO.

I read that this morning and Lavi's explanation on why he swapped goalies is baffling to me. And why would you not at least tell Leights why he was being pulled??? He's messing with the goalies heads very badly and we really don't need that on top of everything else right now, IMO.

Agreed. This kind of thing is unfair to Leights and to Ward. He's done this sort of thing before, but it usually happens when the starter goalie isn't seeing the puck or the defense is just playing horrible. Well, it was still a 1 goal game starting the third, and Chuck made it sound like Leighton made some huge stops. So, I don't understand why he'd put in a cold goaltender to face a desperate Leafs team. Cam let in soft goals too - a lot of good he did last night.

Agreed. This kind of thing is unfair to Leights and to Ward. He's done this sort of thing before, but it usually happens when the starter goalie isn't seeing the puck or the defense is just playing horrible. Well, it was still a 1 goal game starting the third, and Chuck made it sound like Leighton made some huge stops. So, I don't understand why he'd put in a cold goaltender to face a desperate Leafs team. Cam let in soft goals too - a lot of good he did last night.

Leights DID make some huge saves. I thought both goalies did. I still don't understand why Lavi did it. His quote said to me that he didn't think Leights could give the team a chance to win. :mellow:

Leights DID make some huge saves. I thought both goalies did. I still don't understand why Lavi did it. His quote said to me that he didn't think Leights could give the team a chance to win. :mellow:

Without naming names, that's exactly what he was saying. It's fair to point out too that Ward shut out the Leafs for final two periods the last game in Toronto so maybe he was looking for a repeat performance. Leighton wasn't bad but he was looking for a clamp-down 3rd and thought, wrongly as it turned out, Ward could deliver on it.

McCarthy is responsible for the D. I think we need to get rid of him right now. I like the guy, but it is obvious that their defensive scheme doesn't work for this collection of defensemen that the Canes have. Kaberle needs to be up in the box, he and Hedican are really weak on the blue line, but I'd say that Kaberle is the worst. As bad as Ward has been, we need to ride him right now. This organization is committed to him and we need to show him that he's the number one goalie. Hamilton has had the same thing happen to him. He gets all this PP time, but isn't trusted by Lavi to center a line in 5 on 5 play. He scored 18 goals last year, but his confidence is shot right now. When we get Cullen/Walker back I would like to see Hamilton be used a little more. Getting his confidence back is key to getting the PP on track. I think that the PK and defense are obviously the biggest problem, but until we see a trade for a better d man and a new defensive scheme then I don't think it is going to get any better in our own zone. The best thing I think we could do is to try and get the PP back on track because that is one problem that I think is fixable.