The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

While I don't necessarily agree with pulling Leighton, he was not playing great. He made a couple of very nifty saves (including one that Ward wouldn't have even come close on, glove side high) but he was not playing lights out. Should he have been left in? Probably. But I think it still would've been a 5-4 game.

McCarthy is responsible for the D. I think we need to get rid of him right now. I like the guy, but it is obvious that their defensive scheme doesn't work for this collection of defensemen that the Canes have. Kaberle needs to be up in the box, he and Hedican are really weak on the blue line, but I'd say that Kaberle is the worst. As bad as Ward has been, we need to ride him right now. This organization is committed to him and we need to show him that he's the number one goalie. Hamilton has had the same thing happen to him. He gets all this PP time, but isn't trusted by Lavi to center a line in 5 on 5 play. He scored 18 goals last year, but his confidence is shot right now. When we get Cullen/Walker back I would like to see Hamilton be used a little more. Getting his confidence back is key to getting the PP on track. I think that the PK and defense are obviously the biggest problem, but until we see a trade for a better d man and a new defensive scheme then I don't think it is going to get any better in our own zone. The best thing I think we could do is to try and get the PP back on track because that is one problem that I think is fixable.

I've got to agree that it just looks like poor positioning on D over and over again. Guys standing where they're of no use as if they've been told to stand there. You have to do what the coach tells you even if you know you should be somewhere else. McCarthy probably has a big hand in the apparent ineptness of the defense this year.

I've got to agree that it just looks like poor positioning on D over and over again. Guys standing where they're of no use as if they've been told to stand there. You have to do what the coach tells you even if you know you should be somewhere else. McCarthy probably has a big hand in the apparent ineptness of the defense this year.

I think it's also worth pointing out that McCarthy was a hold-over coach that Lavi inherited from the Maurice era. The D seems like they didn't get the memo on fundamental positioning and after a while, that has to come back to their coach.

I think it's also worth pointing out that McCarthy was a hold-over coach that Lavi inherited from the Maurice era. The D seems like they didn't get the memo on fundamental positioning and after a while, that has to come back to their coach.

We need to bring up whoever is coaching the D up there in Albany cuz unless it's just talent, Casey Borer has really impressed me with his D and the way he plays the body and not the puck.

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

What she said.

Agreed, but changed the letters just a bit:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Where are the Canes? Better win soon.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Agreed, but changed the letters just a bit:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Where are the Canes? Better win soon.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

I could have also gone with Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am just totally in disbelief that we go into the THIRD PERIOD winning 1-0 and come out losing 1-4.

That's 4 straight goals, unanswered, and it goes down to our D and Goalie. Now not only is Cam inconsistent playing one game to the next, but he is going inconsistent one period to the next.

I am really mad, and if the Giants lose tomorrow (which was more likely than us losing tonight) then my weekend has been ruined.

Not only is it very rare we can get two wins in a row, but we can't win three in a row. We haven't won three games in a row since OCTOBER 13th.

It is difficult to win when the owner keeps a stranglehold on the purse strings. Rutherford has been looking for a PP point man for two years but he has a very limited budget. A self imposed cap of 44 million for a team coming off a cup win was just a joke. I wonder what Anaheim's self imposed cap is. Why the NHL ever let Karmonous get his greedy claws on a team, I don't know.

It is difficult to win when the owner keeps a stranglehold on the purse strings. Rutherford has been looking for a PP point man for two years but he has a very limited budget. A self imposed cap of 44 million for a team coming off a cup win was just a joke. I wonder what Anaheim's self imposed cap is. Why the NHL ever let Karmonous get his greedy claws on a team, I don't know.

*cues FW*

*cues FW*

What?! This thread has been ressurected! What happened? What did i miss? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about, this is a great thread, and very appropriate tonight. :)

What?! This thread has been ressurected! What happened? What did i miss? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about, this is a great thread, and very appropriate tonight. :)

So, the team is playing again as it should and everyone is all upset all of the sudden? I thought people would get used to the facts by now. :huh: