The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

So, the team is playing again as it should and everyone is all upset all of the sudden? I thought people would get used to the facts by now. :huh:

Dont think its all of a sudden but a good rant is healthy now and then.

So, the team is playing again as it should and everyone is all upset all of the sudden? I thought people would get used to the facts by now. :huh:

Dont think its all of a sudden but a good rant is healthy now and then.

Right now, I wouldn't mind if we swapped teams with the River Rats. At least we would have an exuse for losing and might see more "fire" from the team members/,

I want to see Hedican scratched once Seidenberg gets healthy. Hedican played pretty well in the 1st tonight, but was playing for the wrong team for the remaining 40 minutes. I swear he should've had a black sweater on with a big penguin on the front. WAY TO BE WORTHLESS TONIGHT BRET! GREAT JOB.

Stillman is obviously nursing an injury, the guy needs to be rested if Cullen can come back on this road trip, and if he can't, then Aucoin or Nolan should be called up to take Stillman's place. He's little use to us at 60%.

ARGH!!!!!!!!! WHY THE HECK CAN'T THEY WIN THREE GAMES IN A ROW! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111~21`@!~!

*cues FW*

......I missed my cue....ok,ok.....you wanna know....LOL.....because Bettman wanted the whale out of Hartford in a bad way and the Governor of CT at the time of the sale to karmanos is now on the board of directors for compuware and Bettman was nowhere to be seen during the annoucement of the move , even though a new arena was offered ( fan attendance the reason ...I don't think so, we got screwed)

Wow, I can't believe I was late getting to my cue....anyway I did it. Now continue with the cane bashing until the win again and then start it all over when they lose again.....and so on and so on.

I swore I wasn't going to post in this thread, but here I go. I have spoken this to several people and I know I have a number of people that back me on this as well. I am tired of people who throw this team under the bus as soon as there is a loss and "Whoa is me, all is lost, the season is over, we suck." See yourself in these comments? Good, that's my point, because I am calling you all out. Because I am not going to take it anymore. Since we have this whole team back together, minus JWillie and Tanabe, we are 4-2. That is better than 60%. Plus, coming out of the all-star break, we need to win 2/3 of our games to make the playoffs, we have won 2/3 thus far.

So here it is. This is our team, *edit* and moan, fuss, whine and complain. But until the time we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, all you naysayers and doomsdayers, can take a long walk off a short pier. Just because I don't buy into your negative mindset and way of thinking doesn't mean I am happy with how things are going. But I don't need to be browbeaten either. In my mind, you are not true fans of this team. You are bandwaggoners. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it.

K~

I swore I wasn't going to post in this thread, but here I go. I have spoken this to several people and I know I have a number of people that back me on this as well. I am tired of people who throw this team under the bus as soon as there is a loss and "Whoa is me, all is lost, the season is over, we suck." See yourself in these comments? Good, that's my point, because I am calling you all out. Because I am not going to take it anymore. Since we have this whole team back together, minus JWillie and Tanabe, we are 4-2. That is better than 60%. Plus, coming out of the all-star break, we need to win 2/3 of our games to make the playoffs, we have won 2/3 thus far.

So here it is. This is our team, *edit* and moan, fuss, whine and complain. But until the time we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, all you naysayers and doomsdayers, can take a long walk off a short pier. In my mind, you are not true fans of this team. You are bandwaggoners. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it.

K~

The point of having this thread was to have one place for those that wanted to gripe, moan, complain and rant without being criticized for it by others who dont feel the same. Its unfair to come in here and and post that you disapprove of the opinions posted. This thread has ample warnings and rules posted about the contents so if someone is offended by it, they should avoid this thread.

FYI, name calling and attacking of others will not be allowed on this board with this thread being no exception.

So here it is. This is our team, *edit* and moan, fuss, whine and complain. But until the time we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, all you naysayers and doomsdayers, can take a long walk off a short pier. In my mind, you are not true fans of this team. You are bandwaggoners. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it.

K~

The point of having this thread was to have one place for those that wanted to gripe, moan, complain and rant without being criticized for it by others who dont feel the same. Its unfair to come in here and and post that you disapprove of the opinions posted. This thread has ample warnings and rules posted about the contents so if someone is offended by it, they should avoid this thread.

FYI, name calling and attacking of others will not be allowed on this board with this thread being no exception.

So here it is. This is our team, *edit* and moan, fuss, whine and complain. But until the time we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, all you naysayers and doomsdayers, can take a long walk off a short pier. Just because I don't buy into your negative mindset and way of thinking doesn't mean I am happy with how things are going. But I don't need to be browbeaten either. In my mind, you are not true fans of this team. You are bandwaggoners. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it.

K~

It's just slightly ironic that you came into this thread to "*edit* and moan" (as you so eloquently put it) about our "*edit*[ing] and moan[ing]." Calling anyone and everyone bandwagoners who complain about what is wrong with the team is an unfair, sweeping generalization. Good job. Do you suppose we should just sit on our hands and not bother trying to analyze what the Canes problems are? We should just ignore those problems, and be sweet, adorable fans? When they play a lousy game, we have no right to complain? Has it ever occurred to you that while perhaps you can deal with a lousy effort that leads to a loss with ease, that there are those of us who would rather try and figure out what went wrong? Has it ever occurred to you that there are people who complain about the team's downfalls, but care just as much about the team as the ones who have no complaints? Has it ever occurred to you that some people just need to vent when they see their team not play to its potential? Not everyone in the world sees things the way you do, and just because not everyone agrees with you, that does not make them wrong, nor does that mean they are not "true fans", nor does it make them bandwagoners.

You're gonna "call us out," well here's me returning the favor. I don't see your lack of complaining about the team's problems as any more or as any less of a sign of a "true fan" nor as a "bandwagoner." Being complaint-free makes you as much of a "true fan" as sitting in a garage makes you a car. The same applies to those who do complain. I didn't know you were the designator of what a true fan is. You have every right to think that anyone and everyone who complains about the team is not a "true fan," but to come into this thread, with a title that very clearly describes what is herein, and then insult everyone you think is not a true fan is pretty insulting.

this thread is needed......its a good place to unload. Everyone needs that once inawhile and just because someone unloads on the team doesn't mean their done being fans. It just had to get out of their system...like I said earlier, its a love /hate thing. They win and everything is right again, they lose they unload here....no big deal. By the way some of the "unloads" bring up some very good points about the team. Ofcourse, there are some who rant " I'm not going to anymore games" and whatever else that may drive you nuts. You either have to ignore it or post a return comment stating what fans should do different and offer positive advice.....trust me, I know. I hear ya though, you needed to unload also but remember what this thread is all about.

K~

hahahahahahahaha....thats a stretch. So ill close my eyes, pretend they play great all the time, have visions of ice cream and cake on top of the 2006 season, and just laugh off whenever we have a bad game. NOBODY is throwing ANYONE under a bus. Its like at my job....If im not performing, I GET CALLED OUT and we DISCUSS how we can fix the problem or share ideas. wether you like it or not, the canes need help. I dont know how everyone else feels but, I am NOT just content with making the playoffs! call me greedy but, i kinda liked how that felt back in 2006. at this rate, any team in the southeast is making a b-line for a 0-4 rout in the first round of the playoffs. Making the playoffs is fun and all but, i just dont wanna get our butts kicked in 4 games and say.."well, we made the playoffs!" big freakin' deal. For us to criticize what decisions the Canes make on the ice is our god given right. AS IS for you to call us all bandwagoners but, all im saying is...regardless of what you do in life if you dont criticize....things dont improve. AND IT ALL STARTS WITH THE PEOPLE THAT PAY MONEY TO SEE THE GUYS PLAY...THE FANS. i can appreciate the fact you are such a great fan that, you feel like its you against the world on this subject. but if you are happy with the way things are going all the time...you are living in a dreamworld. try not to call out the entire caniac nation and call them bandwagoners. calling us out and trying to pose yourself as the "oober caniac" doesnt help much for yourself. if you wanna call people out like that, there are some other teams in the northeast that would love for you to wear THEIR jersey and be on THEIR message board.

I will say one thing...

It is highly ironic that 2630 would show her face on this thread trying to push her 'everything is fine and dandy no need to complain and if you do you aren't a real fan' crap here in this thread where there are countless warnings that this would not be tolerated on the first page of it. What's even more ironic is that this thread is here as a direct result of her whining and complaining in every other thread where these sentiments were brought up to the point where those threads were locked so it didn't get out of control.

Sorry... Not everyone is going to have the same thoughts and opinions as you, so you might as well get over it and learn to accept and ignore threads like this one, because the sentiment that the canes are failing this season is growing, and its growing fast with each and every pathetic loss.

I am tired of people who throw this team under the bus as soon as there is a loss and "Whoa is me, all is lost, the season is over, we suck."

Truer words were never spoken, at this point. We have the talent to win & dominate, yet they guys are flat 2/3 of a game (that being 40 minutes). Where there is a will, there is a way. I DO NOT see the will in this team. One cannot expect for the fire to just show up magically, without any effort or work involved. As a sports psychologist might reason: if the guys don't play as hard as they can, then they can fall back on the "well, we didn't win because we didn't try hard enough." Which may be better than the knowledge of: "we played as hard as we could and we still didn't win, and we're still not good enough......guess our Cup win was a mistake". Twisted logic. I know. You'd think somewhere along the line someone, anyone, would remind them that if they don't leave it all out there on the ice, then THAT is the failure.

As far a voicing our concern and ranting against the machine, it's quite healthy and democratic to do so. I think we've progressed enough to accept that criticism is okay. We must throw out the mentality: OUR TEAM, RIGHT OR WRONG, and mindlessly go about thinking all is well with the world. It isn't, it's frustrating as all h-e-double-hockey sticks!

I'm currently reminded of those infamous lines in the movie Bull Durham:

"You lollygag around the infield (defensive zone)

You lollygag around the bases (power play)

What does that make you....Larry"

"Lollygaggers!"

We're lollygagging so much recently that I'm throwing up after most games.

The dilemma now is, what to do with the playoff invoice? It's currently on the counter, next to the garbage.

Frustration is what is I here more than anything. This is not a we will turn it around and go 10 in a row team. Let's face it.

If it hasn't happened now, I can't see it happening at all.

NYR are last in their Div w/more pts than the Canes. wow.

If the Canes can win 2 out of 3 from here on, there is a chance. The first 2/3 is done. If Canes get in I bet the 6th seed will be licking their chops.

My opinion is this, as I stated earlier, when things get tough people are ready to bail and throw this team under the wheels of the bus. It's like we are at the bottom of the division and not tied for the lead in the division. This is the thread to come and vent frustrations and I did just that, now I am happy. Y'all can flame away. I don't care if you flame me. Heck Model does every chance he gets. I have been adamant throughout, I would not give up on this team until we are mathematically eliminated from any chance of the playoffs. Have we been eliminated yet?? NO.

*Edited for content*. But I am tired of being browbeaten about how horrible this team is and we need to resign this season to the compost heap. Sorry, not me. If you want to quit going to games, fine, quit, but when this team leaves, and Karmanos has shown he will move a team. I don't want to hear anyone gripe about it. I had a friend of mine who worked in the Hurricanes organization prior to the strike tell me that the Hurricanes wouldn't survive the strike and that they wouldn't come back. I have seen too many leagues fold and too many teams leave because of owners, so, Yes, I will fight to no end for this team.

K~

My opinion is this, as I stated earlier, when things get tough people are ready to bail and throw this team under the wheels of the bus. It's like we are at the bottom of the division and not tied for the lead in the division. This is the thread to come and vent frustrations and I did just that, now I am happy. Y'all can flame away. I don't care if you flame me. Heck Model does every chance he gets. I have been adamant throughout, I would not give up on this team until we are mathematically eliminated from any chance of the playoffs. Have we been eliminated yet?? NO.

*Edited for content*. But I am tired of being browbeaten about how horrible this team is and we need to resign this season to the compost heap. Sorry, not me. If you want to quit going to games, fine, quit, but when this team leaves, and Karmanos has shown he will move a team. I don't want to hear anyone gripe about it. I had a friend of mine who worked in the Hurricanes organization prior to the strike tell me that the Hurricanes wouldn't survive the strike and that they wouldn't come back. I have seen too many leagues fold and too many teams leave because of owners, so, Yes, I will fight to no end for this team.

K~

i for one agree with both of your posts and will be positive untill the season ends and the playoffs start for us and i'm not gonna complain about one loss after we just had two needed wins

It's just slightly ironic that you came into this thread to "*edit* and moan" (as you so eloquently put it) about our "*edit*[ing] and moan[ing]." Calling anyone and everyone bandwagoners who complain about what is wrong with the team is an unfair, sweeping generalization. Good job. Do you suppose we should just sit on our hands and not bother trying to analyze what the Canes problems are? We should just ignore those problems, and be sweet, adorable fans? When they play a lousy game, we have no right to complain? Has it ever occurred to you that while perhaps you can deal with a lousy effort that leads to a loss with ease, that there are those of us who would rather try and figure out what went wrong? Has it ever occurred to you that there are people who complain about the team's downfalls, but care just as much about the team as the ones who have no complaints? Has it ever occurred to you that some people just need to vent when they see their team not play to its potential? Not everyone in the world sees things the way you do, and just because not everyone agrees with you, that does not make them wrong, nor does that mean they are not "true fans", nor does it make them bandwagoners.

You're gonna "call us out," well here's me returning the favor. I don't see your lack of complaining about the team's problems as any more or as any less of a sign of a "true fan" nor as a "bandwagoner." Being complaint-free makes you as much of a "true fan" as sitting in a garage makes you a car. The same applies to those who do complain. I didn't know you were the designator of what a true fan is. You have every right to think that anyone and everyone who complains about the team is not a "true fan," but to come into this thread, with a title that very clearly describes what is herein, and then insult everyone you think is not a true fan is pretty insulting.

Whamo. Excellent reply post hctimo.

Im interrupting this "enlightening" argument for some much needed entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu7nN3kBnw...feature=related

Message to all, please re-read the rules and warnings about this thread:

If you want to unload your frustrations about the team's play, this is your thread. Just a few rules to keep the thread from getting closed:

1) Keep it clean and respectful. All the rules of the board will still apply and any foul language, personal attacks or insults could result in warnings, suspensions and the locking of the thread.

2) Posting about a player's personal life will not be allowed, they're allowed to have a private life regardless of their performance on the ice.

3) Keep it constructive, if the thread is simply used for bashing it will be closed. When pointing out the negatives, give examples why. Without backing up your negative comment, its just bashing.

4) Do not take matters into your own hands and police other members. If someone is breaking any of the above rules, report it to the staff and it'll be handled.

For those who don't want to hear or don't agree with all the negative posts, this isn't the thread for you.

Im interrupting this "enlightening" argument for some much needed entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu7nN3kBnw...feature=related

Message to all, please re-read the rules and warnings about this thread:

If you want to unload your frustrations about the team's play, this is your thread. Just a few rules to keep the thread from getting closed:

1) Keep it clean and respectful. All the rules of the board will still apply and any foul language, personal attacks or insults could result in warnings, suspensions and the locking of the thread.

2) Posting about a player's personal life will not be allowed, they're allowed to have a private life regardless of their performance on the ice.

3) Keep it constructive, if the thread is simply used for bashing it will be closed. When pointing out the negatives, give examples why. Without backing up your negative comment, its just bashing.

4) Do not take matters into your own hands and police other members. If someone is breaking any of the above rules, report it to the staff and it'll be handled.

For those who don't want to hear or don't agree with all the negative posts, this isn't the thread for you.

i for one agree with both of your posts and will be positive untill the season ends and the playoffs start for us and i'm not gonna complain about one loss after we just had two needed wins

Let's be honest, if not for a favorable penalty in the OT against Toronto, it could very well have gone to a shoot out, and we'd be looking at a Loss. We got lucky. The Penguin game was not just one loss, IT"S THE WAY WE LOSE that is so frustrating. Our team is mailing it in. I for one will think before mailing in my playoff invoice. We may end up like Atlanta last year, out in 4 games.

K~

Well if you don't like it... DON'T come to this thread and read the posts.

You're a smart girl, what do you expect when you see a thread titled "The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread" and its started by a Moderator? Did you honestly believe that you would come in here and see people thumping their chests about how great the team is and patting each other on the back that even though they are playing like dogcrap that its ok, we'll still support them through the thick and thin and won't complain about a thing because they're only human? Give me a break.

No, you came into this thread looking to pick a fight. You came into this thread with the single purpose you always have when anyone voices any kind of displeasure about the team. You started to whine and you started to complain and you hoped someone would hook themselves on your bait and lash out against you and call you a myriad of names so you could get the thread locked and the opinions censored. Thats what you always do, but it aint working this time because you stuck your nose in a place where you weren't supposed to go.

Re-read the rules on the first page. If you don't like to listen to complaints about the team, this is not the thread for you. You have all the other threads in the forum to whine and complain about all the people you so eloquently label as bandwagoners and fairweather fans (yet, I do find it funny how someone can be a bandwagoner and a fairweather fan when they are on here when the team is playing as bad as they are.... if they were truly those things, wouldn't they be cheering for someone else by now? hmmm?) but don't do it here.