The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

My opinion is this, as I stated earlier, when things get tough people are ready to bail and throw this team under the wheels of the bus. It's like we are at the bottom of the division and not tied for the lead in the division. This is the thread to come and vent frustrations and I did just that, now I am happy. Y'all can flame away. I don't care if you flame me. Heck Model does every chance he gets. I have been adamant throughout, I would not give up on this team until we are mathematically eliminated from any chance of the playoffs. Have we been eliminated yet?? NO.

*Edited for content*. But I am tired of being browbeaten about how horrible this team is and we need to resign this season to the compost heap. Sorry, not me. If you want to quit going to games, fine, quit, but when this team leaves, and Karmanos has shown he will move a team. I don't want to hear anyone gripe about it. I had a friend of mine who worked in the Hurricanes organization prior to the strike tell me that the Hurricanes wouldn't survive the strike and that they wouldn't come back. I have seen too many leagues fold and too many teams leave because of owners, so, Yes, I will fight to no end for this team.

K~

im with ya....keep fighting! why do i keep going to games??? why am i glued to the TV whenever they are away. Why do i go to about 2 or 3 away games a year??? BECAUSE I LOVE THIS TEAM! If you dont want to hear anyone gripe about it just cover your eyes and ears. Its not just us that can see the whole southeast is in trouble. just watch versus,nhl network, etc..... If your original post woulda been like the one im quoting now, there wouldnt have been a problem. i somewhat agree with what you say but, for you go out on a limb and call every person who complains on how the canes are playing as bandwagoners is unfair and unjust.

Im interrupting this "enlightening" argument for some much needed entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu7nN3kBnw&feature=related' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu7nN3kBnw...feature=related[/post]

Message to all, please re-read the rules and warnings about this thread:

If you want to unload your frustrations about the team's play, this is your thread. Just a few rules to keep the thread from getting closed:

1) Keep it clean and respectful. All the rules of the board will still apply and any foul language, personal attacks or insults could result in warnings, suspensions and the locking of the thread.

2) Posting about a player's personal life will not be allowed, they're allowed to have a private life regardless of their performance on the ice.

3) Keep it constructive, if the thread is simply used for bashing it will be closed. When pointing out the negatives, give examples why. Without backing up your negative comment, its just bashing.

4) Do not take matters into your own hands and police other members. If someone is breaking any of the above rules, report it to the staff and it'll be handled.

For those who don't want to hear or don't agree with all the negative posts, this isn't the thread for you.

Excellent post. We're not gona take it actually sums up the point behind this thread. Twisted Sister still rocks btw.

The recent barbs here are kind of funny. Akin to somebody calling out the smokers who are...smoking...in the designated areas outside of RBC. ;)

More to the point though I do agree about the concern over some people staying away but didn't really see any posts to that effect. It also seems like most of the frustration comes from lack of worth ethic, and rightly so, more than the loss. Sure it's maddening but I'm neither looking for a bridge to jump off or looking to abandon the team.

im with ya....keep fighting! why do i keep going to games??? why am i glued to the TV whenever they are away. Why do i go to about 2 or 3 away games a year??? BECAUSE I LOVE THIS TEAM! If you dont want to hear anyone gripe about it just cover your eyes and ears. Its not just us that can see the whole southeast is in trouble. just watch versus,nhl network, etc..... If your original post woulda been like the one im quoting now, there wouldnt have been a problem. i somewhat agree with what you say but, for you go out on a limb and call every person who complains on how the canes are playing as bandwagoners is unfair and unjust.

Hi Monk.

I know it seems like an indictment on everyone that I was calling everyone that gripes a bandwaggoner, but I wasn't. It was directed to a few specific people, but by my choice, I chose to leave those names/screennames out. I am sorry to those that were offended that were not the ones that had me "mad as heck." I still stand by my words of both posts. I will not take anything back that was posted. As far as what was edited for content in my second post, let me rephrase. Opinions are like bellybuttons, we all have them and some of them are hairy.

Yes, the southeast is in trouble, no, I'm not entirely happy with our play on a consistent basis. I'm not happy with our defense. At the same time, We are still winning. and still in playoff position.

Kara

If your happy and you know it clap your hands

*clap clap* :lol:

Although for this thread the "stomp your feet" option might be more appropriate

Hi Monk.

I know it seems like an indictment on everyone that I was calling everyone that gripes a bandwaggoner, but I wasn't. It was directed to a few specific people, but by my choice, I chose to leave those names/screennames out. I am sorry to those that were offended that were not the ones that had me "mad as heck." I still stand by my words of both posts. I will not take anything back that was posted. As far as what was edited for content in my second post, let me rephrase. Opinions are like bellybuttons, we all have them and some of them are hairy.

Yes, the southeast is in trouble, no, I'm not entirely happy with our play on a consistent basis. I'm not happy with our defense. At the same time, We are still winning. and still in playoff position.

Kara

why don't you just do yourself a favor and stay out of this thread. You're not doing anything other than trying to stir up trouble and getting this thread closed. You always ask for us to be censored when we chime in on your threads and now I'm asking the same about you in this one.

Mods, this thread was set up to prevent this. Could you do us a favor and clean this crap up so the thread can continue on its path rather than trying to defend it to those who want to do nothing but whine and complain about it?

Thanks,

MC

At the same time, We are still winning. and still in playoff position.

Last time i checked we lost more games than we won... so where's winning part coming from? :huh:

Last time i checked we lost more games than we won... so where's winning part coming from? :huh:

We are 26-25-4, I believe that is a record above .500 unless my math statistics are all wrong. Also, since we have reassembled our lineup from a majority of the injuries and illnesses, we have won more than we have lost.

K~

We are 26-25-4, I believe that is a record above .500 unless my math statistics are all wrong. Also, since we have reassembled our lineup from a majority of the injuries and illnesses, we have won more than we have lost.

K~

Well... yeah.. the selfpity excuse math tells you that we are above .500. In reality we won 26 and lost 29.

and injuries... illnesses... oh... more excuses... that's right. But you know what, good teams overcome that, mediocre teams sink.

and don't even think to call me bandwagoner. I support the team and i am a huge fan, yet i am not a homer and can see the difference between good NHL teams and bad ones.

34513.jpg

The Canes for the most part have always been a .500 team. A team that is not a Stanley Cup contender but a team that is built just to make the playoffs. In order for a team to become a Stanley Cup contender year after year it requires excellent scouting, good draft choices, good free agent signing, and a committment to do what ever it takes to put a contender on the ice.

Year after year other teams come up with outstanding players that have been discovered while playing somewhere else. When was the last time our scounting team found a player that was outstanding. Our draft choices have been at most average.

Staal our franchise player(?) has yet to take his game to the next level. Where has he been since the All Star game? Why hasen't he taken this team on his shoulders like other franchise players have done with other teams?

This team is in deep trouble. Like it or not it will take more than just a couple of players for the Canes to become Stanley Cup contenders. If we don't revamped this team now it will always continue to be a .500 team.

I must say it's so funny that we lose one game 4-1 and we're now back to "we're the worst team ever" all over again. Heck... we were doing fine but now it's back to ranting over one loss again. Please raise your hand if you agree...

ARGGGGGG our team... lost one game, so I'll pitch in... AHHHHHHHHHH

I must say it's so funny that we lose one game 4-1 and we're now back to "we're the worst team ever" all over again. Heck... we were doing fine but now it's back to ranting over one loss again. Please raise your hand if you agree...

ARGGGGGG our team... lost one game, so I'll pitch in... AHHHHHHHHHH

I don't think it is the loss....it is the way we lose, the inability to win 3 games in a row, and the fact that we are hanging on to a string to stay in a playoff spot. It is very frustrating. This thread is to vent the frustrations that people are feeling. I am someone who tries to stay positive through it and even those of us who don't like ranting or whatnot (although I have done it in the past few days) should be able to understand that some people are going to vent and rant.

I believe the frustation comes from knowing the team has the talent to compete with teams such as Ottawa and is not much better than the Bolts. Maybe all the stars and planets aligned back in 06 and allowed the team to capture hockey's holy grail. Maybe that achievement spoiled us and we are not much better than the players in the movie "The Mighty Ducks."

When I'm frustrated and I say ____ about the team, or ____ about an individual player(s), etc, regardless of all of that, I love the Canes, every single player, and I will continue to support them by attending games and losing my voice, buying merchandise, and helping the FSN and 99.9 ratings out as much as I can.

Better than what? Just curious.

Traffic cones? Though, those cones are bright and orange. Very intimidating. Might confuse the opponents and cause them to turn the puck over.

Traffic cones? Though, those cones are bright and orange. Very intimidating. Might confuse the opponents and cause them to turn the puck over.

Maybe if this season continues as an adventure in defense, the third jersey's expected next year should be orange with reflective white stripes to complete the illusion.

Khhmm...... Should we change jersey design for next season? :blink:

Haha, that what I was thinking. Are you in my head?

Haha, that what I was thinking. Are you in my head?