The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

Maybe if this season continues as an adventure in defense, the third jersey's expected next should be orange with reflective white stripes to complete the illusion.

Love it, where can I vote for it.

Kara

The Canes for the most part have always been a .500 team. A team that is not a Stanley Cup contender but a team that is built just to make the playoffs. In order for a team to become a Stanley Cup contender year after year it requires excellent scouting, good draft choices, good free agent signing, and a committment to do what ever it takes to put a contender on the ice.

Year after year other teams come up with outstanding players that have been discovered while playing somewhere else. When was the last time our scounting team found a player that was outstanding. Our draft choices have been at most average.

Staal our franchise player(?) has yet to take his game to the next level. Where has he been since the All Star game? Why hasen't he taken this team on his shoulders like other franchise players have done with other teams?

This team is in deep trouble. Like it or not it will take more than just a couple of players for the Canes to become Stanley Cup contenders. If we don't revamped this team now it will always continue to be a .500 team.

I think the re-signing of veterans and free agents as well as the quality of draft picks has killed this team. Look at the NY Giants, good draft pick (Eli) and young talented linemen with a few younger veterans. Older teams in every sport don't win championships! Staal is our franchise and will take off once we shed some age off our team. Tired of the weak play by veterans who get an assist and everyone brags about how great they are. Come on, get off the past and move forward.

I think the re-signing of veterans and free agents as well as the quality of draft picks has killed this team. Look at the NY Giants, good draft pick (Eli) and young talented linemen with a few younger veterans. Older teams in every sport don't win championships! Staal is our franchise and will take off once we shed some age off our team. Tired of the weak play by veterans who get an assist and everyone brags about how great they are. Come on, get off the past and move forward.

I guess you missed a quote from a Giants player yesterday:

"When we're bad, we're old. When we're good, we're experienced"

And in case you hadn't noticed, Detroit's up there with us in age, and look where they are.

Better than they have looked. Everything has been good except four goals in one period.

I figured that what you meant but based on the title and content of this thread, we thought we'd have a little fun with you. It just doesn't feel right to have all that optimism in this thread :lol:

Better than they have looked. Everything has been good except four goals in one period.

I figured that what you meant but based on the title and content of this thread, we thought we'd have a little fun with you. It just doesn't feel right to have all that optimism in this thread :lol:

Haha yeah i think some people are ready to burn them at the stake.

Personally I just vote for public embarrassment beyond their play. Like the traffic cone jersey.

I like the traffic cone jersey. I bet if we asked nicely, FightinMad would sketch us up a demo ;)

Personally I just vote for public embarrassment beyond their play. Like the traffic cone jersey.

I like the traffic cone jersey. I bet if we asked nicely, FightinMad would sketch us up a demo ;)

Ok, I can't stand it! All I have heard this season, even at practices, is how horrible this team is doing and that they have no excuse for it. The way everyone has been talking lately I thought I should get an update on our standings. THe NHL standings for this team seems to disagree with all the amateurs' theories. We are currently currently first in the division, third in the Eastern conference, and ninteenth in the league. Quite honestly these numbers don't seem to be saying that our team stinks. Granted I will be the first to admit that they are not consistant, and they really need to work on that (preferbly on the winning side). We have been plaqued by injuries, some still remain on that list. So before we "throw the baby out with the bathwater" let's watch the standings. Unless I am wrong, at this point we could see the finals.

Ok, I can't stand it! All I have heard this season, even at practices, is how horrible this team is doing and that they have no excuse for it. The way everyone has been talking lately I thought I should get an update on our standings. THe NHL standings for this team seems to disagree with all the amateurs' theories. We are currently currently first in the division, third in the Eastern conference, and ninteenth in the league. Quite honestly these numbers don't seem to be saying that our team stinks. Granted I will be the first to admit that they are not consistant, and they really need to work on that (preferbly on the winning side). We have been plaqued by injuries, some still remain on that list. So before we "throw the baby out with the bathwater" let's watch the standings. Unless I am wrong, at this point we could see the finals.

Tied for first. Atlanta has an identical record as we do, it's just that we end up with the tiebreaker.

I'd just like an opportunity to say...

we_suck.jpg

Best picture ever. :lol:

and if we were in another division?

atlantic- Last place. 7 points back 4 games ahead of Phili

northeast- 2nd to last. 12 points back 2 games ahead of Ott.

central- T2nd to last 28 points back 1 game ahead of Det.

northwest- Last place 7 points back 3 games ahead of Minn.

pacific- Last place 11 points back 1 game behind Dal.

maybe that'll put it into light for some people how much our division is keeping us in the playoff picture, we're hanging on by our last thread.

Older teams in every sport don't win championships!
Tell that to Detroit. They were considered an 'old' team when they beat us in the finals in '02, and it is now 2008 with much of the same core players, so they are even older now, yet they have run away from the entire league in the standings.

THe NHL standings for this team seems to disagree with all the amateurs' theories. We are currently currently first in the division, third in the Eastern conference, and ninteenth in the league. Quite honestly these numbers don't seem to be saying that our team stinks.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but the NHL standings for this team disagree with each other! First in the division, third in the conference do not agree with 19th in the league. Perhaps the numbers don't say that our team stinks, but on the surface they do say that the Canes are a middle-of-the-pack team. With a little number crunching though, you can show that the numbers do say the Canes stink.

The only reason we're third in the conference and first in our division is because <drumroll> the SouthLeast division is garbage this season! If it weren't for division leads, we'd be in 8th place in the conference right now, tied with Atlanta (in 9th), the Islanders (in 10th) only 2 points back but with 2 games in hand, Buffalo (in 11th) only 3 points back but with 4 games in hand, and Washington (12th) only 3 points back but with 2 games in hand. So when you consider the point totals and games in hand those 3 latter teams have, and let's say the schedule permitted them to play all of their games in hand before the Canes played another, then consider the possibility that the Islanders could win both of their 2 games, Buffalo could easily win 2 of their 4 games, and Washington could win both of their 2 games... then the Canes would be in 11th place.

Bottom line, if games in hand caught up to us so that everyone has played 55 games like the Canes have, and certain teams won certain games, then the Canes could very easily be EIGHT spots below where they are now, from third to ELEVENTH! Call me crazy, but in a conference of 15 teams, being in 11th place pretty much means you stink.

Unless I am wrong, at this point we could see the finals.
Agreed it could happen, but Cinderella stories like Edmonton in '06 don't come around very often.

I resurrected this thread and look at all this fighting back and forth that fairweather fans post here after just one loss. I posted here because we can't seem to win more than three in a row, and we are barely at .500. And yes, winning for two periods then getting blown out in "our" third period, that is frustrating to me. Don't judge what kind of fans the people that post here are. Some people like to vent, and this thread was made for that. If you don't like what you see here, then don't read it and stop wasting your time criticizing what other people are frustrated over. Jeez.

And I believe we are third once again, ATL lost the game they had on us, and we have less GA (amazingly, because we are second to last only to ATL, wow some luck after all) annnnnnd, we called up Aucoin. Now we have to start winning again, and with us being on National TV, let's try to blow out the Preds.

Cole needs to start scoring again too. :(

I wasn't trying to start or continue an argument. I just noticed the standings and I believe it could be worse. Granted the points are too close for my comfort. As for fair weather fans, I am definately not one of them. I am at a practice, sometimes two, each week. Regardless of how bad the guys played in the previous game, I always find some kind of encouraging word to say. Sometimes it's difficult not to say to a player "How could you miss that shot or that pass?" I just know that crapping on the guys will get the team and fans no where. They like it here because the fan base in nice, unlike some other places. I, as a diehard fan, would like to help keep that reputation. SO those of you who only are around for the games, come out to the practices and watch, get to know how each player really is, and see their work ethics! I have been to enough practices and become familiar enough with the team, that I can tell watching a game on tv when one of our players is "under the weather". As we are rounding off the season, lets start really rallying for these guys! If we want them in the finals, start coming to the practices and encouraging them, let them know we still believe in them!

That was a heck of anti-"mad as heck" post... Kind of defeats the purpose of having this thread at the first place. :)

We should have a happy thread in addition to this one.

I'll get this thread back on track.

Why the hell can't we get a win streak going? I know it's hard for almost all the teams in the league to do this right now, but everyone (outside the SE) usually goes long win, short lose, long win, short lose. We're stuck with short and short. And that doesn't help us.

I'll get this thread back on track.

Why the hell can't we get a win streak going? I know it's hard for almost all the teams in the league to do this right now, but everyone (outside the SE) usually goes long win, short lose, long win, short lose. We're stuck with short and short. And that doesn't help us.

i am going to say age maybe the older player can't keep up

Ok, I can't stand it! All I have heard this season, even at practices, is how horrible this team is doing and that they have no excuse for it. The way everyone has been talking lately I thought I should get an update on our standings. THe NHL standings for this team seems to disagree with all the amateurs' theories. We are currently currently first in the division, third in the Eastern conference, and ninteenth in the league.

Winning the SE is like being the tallest midget at the carnival. :blink:

Unless I am wrong, at this point we could see the finals.

Definitely and there is nothing like seeing them in HD. ;)