The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

The officiating in the league continues to baffle me.

1st period: No penalties

2nd period: Every little thing

3rd period: No penalties

Ugh I know! It's the same in ever professional sport in present times... sad isn't it?

However, the NHL and NBA is the worst!!! It drives me loco! :angry:

Dumping the puck is part of the game if all other options such as passing, skateing with and ragging the puck are not possible. Dumping gives the opponent the puck!!! generally you do not want that. At least half of the Canes open ice line changes are started by the dump in, fresh leg are immediately on the defensive. I agree, we dump way too much.

well then, you are watching a different NHL than I am. Dumping the puck is done quite a bit by most teams, made a point to watch bits and pieces of every game the other night on center ice and what did I see....wow...dumping the puck and putting quick pressure on the D to cough it up...its just that carolina is not good at it

For those of you who are pissed off at Avery getting away with some cheapshots tonight, maybe this will bring a laugh your way. I think I'd laugh at these if I didn't make them myself, but making them helped me vent!

sean_avery_1.jpg

sean_avery_2.jpg

sean_avery_3.jpg

well then, you are watching a different NHL than I am. Dumping the puck is done quite a bit by most teams, made a point to watch bits and pieces of every game the other night on center ice and what did I see....wow...dumping the puck and putting quick pressure on the D to cough it up...its just that carolina is not good at it

I agree FW. We seem to do better skating it in, as we dont have the grinders to go into the corners and dig it out. Tonight we did more dumping than the last few games, perhaps it was called for by the coaches perhaps it just occured.

If we can't start getting past other teams neutral ice traps we are going to have a short season this year.

We have skaters and skilled players who are good enough that they should not be having to dump the puck in. We don't have scrappers, so its useless to actually do so...

We're good when we are able to break the defense and skate the puck into the zone. When we can't... we struggle... BADLY

We have skaters and skilled players who are good enough that they should not be having to dump the puck in. We don't have scrappers, so its useless to actually do so...

We're good when we are able to break the defense and skate the puck into the zone. When we can't... we struggle... BADLY

They need to be able to play both ways. If skating through the neutral zone and across the blue line isn't working, then they have to dump and chase. Find a combination that works on any given night. Being skilled players doesn't make them above dumping the puck in.

Avery and Ladd: Ladd initiated the contact. I know you won't believe me, but that's the truth. Be mad at the linesmen for interfering.

Or how bout your goons not suckerpunch players while they're being wrapped up by the refs

and for your insult of the Canes... piss off, we can do that enough on our own, we don't need you to come in here and trash talk us for talking about our own team on our own forum

Or how bout your goons not suckerpunch players while they're being wrapped up by the refs

and for your insult of the Canes... piss off, we can do that enough on our own, we don't need you to come in here and trash talk us for talking about our own team on our own forum

I appreciate a post that contained only factual and non-biased information was deleted because I'm a big bad Ranger fan.

makes me wish scotty shoulda saved his antics from the ottawa game for avery instead of fisher.

I just don't get how Avery didn't even have to pay for all his cheap runs at our players last night. Nolan tried and Avery backed away, Commodore retalited for Cullen (it was a valliant but not so effective try) and Ladd tried to go with Avery but the refs wouldn't let him and held him down (don't get me started about that one).

There's no excuse to let your team get pushed around like the Canes have been pushed. Perhaps our biggest downfall...worse than the PP.

I just don't get how Avery didn't even have to pay for all his cheap runs at our players last night. Nolan tried and Avery backed away, Commodore retalited for Cullen (it was a valliant but not so effective try) and Ladd tried to go with Avery but the refs wouldn't let him and held him down (don't get me started about that one).

There's no excuse to let your team get pushed around like the Canes have been pushed. Perhaps our biggest downfall...worse than the PP.

By the by....they suspect that Ladd had his orbital bone broken in the "fight" (definitely not the right word for it) talk about taking one for the team.

I know Lavi doesn't condone fighting and tells the guys not to drop gloves first but its time for that to change, temporarily at least. Just let Timmay pummel and/or body slam (a la WWE) anyone who tries anything dirty.

By the by....they suspect that Ladd had his orbital bone broken in the "fight" (definitely not the right word for it) talk about taking one for the team.

I know Lavi doesn't condone fighting and tells the guys not to drop gloves first but its time for that to change, temporarily at least. Just let Timmay pummel and/or body slam (a la WWE) anyone who tries anything dirty.

Now how could Ladd possibly have a broken anything when according the Ranger's board, he was doing all the hitting while the refs held Avery back? :rolleyes:

Warning:Sarcasm

Now how could Ladd possibly have a broken anything when according the Ranger's board, he was doing all the hitting while the refs held Avery back? :rolleyes:

I know dude....Avery was just SO helpless while Ladd beat the crap out of him. Avery just tries to do his best and be nice to everyone...its not fair for him to get picked on by big bad Ladders. :rolleyes:

Maybe the people running the main 'Canes site check here, because the poll on the front is one that I think everyone can enjoy.

I didn't see the "all of the above" option in that poll :huh: