The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

Oh yes, and with Tanabe, Wally, and Hedi out, Seidenberg will not play. Not to mention Cullen will sit out for awhile, not just a game, awhile, and Wally as we all know is gone for the season if you ask me. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooo We're doomed and I am sad :( I feel like flushing random toilets right now. Don't ask, I am mad and I will do what I want! Woo crazy me! Come on JR, you gotta do something.

*bows* Thank you! Thank you! I only spent like 3 minutes writing everything that came to mind when I think about the Canes these past two months and the time we went from 2nd in Power Rankings to 23rd.. ... ...... GRAWR !

You know, Im actually starting to like this thread...the following is not sarcasm (thought I should clarify)

Im so mad that they let Cullen play last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they just waited it out a little longer.......gah, what's the point :mad:

You know, Im actually starting to like this thread...the following is not sarcasm (thought I should clarify)

Im so mad that they let Cullen play last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they just waited it out a little longer.......gah, what's the point :mad:

Bittersweet humor here! Gotta love it. I am waiting for our goalies to get some sense or they call up Leighton who is screaming for another shot at the NHL (even if it's as a backup) to slap Ward and Grahame awake. I want us to stop taking hits and start giving! :o

Btw Wes#1, you made my signature ma'am ;)

Cullen was going to play soon anyways. If not the Islanders game, then this upcoming Atlanta game. Because everyone thought he was fine.

Turns out he wasn't. Better to find out against a non-divisional team.

*farting noise* That's what I think of this. Also, to those who ranted last year about the SO, look at it this year and think why we finally won one. Cullen and Hamilton are here (two fellows we didn't have last year). And btw, What exactly happened with Matty. I remember going "YAY CULLS IS BACK" then later on "WHERE THE HELL IS CULLS?"

Cullen was going to play soon anyways. If not the Islanders game, then this upcoming Atlanta game. Because everyone thought he was fine.

I dunno, Chuck Kaiton mentioned him still feeling woozy; Cullen himself was quoted as "trying to clear out the cobwebs"; and he had just taken his test that day. Not to mention every NY paper called it a concussion and it was obvious he was knocked out. With Williams out and the rest of the team sleepwalking through a nightmare, they should have erred on the side of caution to avert the worst case scenario...which ultimately happened. <_<

This thread is rather cleansing...

I dunno, Chuck Kaiton mentioned him still feeling woozy; Cullen himself was quoted as "trying to clear out the cobwebs"; and he had just taken his test that day. Not to mention every NY paper called it a concussion and it was obvious he was knocked out. With Williams out and the rest of the team sleepwalking through a nightmare, they should have erred on the side of caution to avert the worst case scenario...which ultimately happened. <_<

While all of us blubbermouths were ranting and trash talking in this thread at least one person in Canes squad was taking the matter in his own hands.

That person figured out what the problem was all along and singlehandendly fixed it.

His first three years as a professional, Cam Ward wore white pads before switching to red to start this season.

After breaking in a new white set, he's going back.

"Good things happened when I wore white," Ward said.

So now we know that the problem all along was with the red pads Cam weared

I am just worried that he had his shiny new white pads last game when he replaced Grahame... I am afraid bad karma of loss rubbed off his new pads already and it is kind of too late...

Nice try though...

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/

Reminds me of one of the young pitcher for the Yankees who took all his equipment and burned it cause he was pitching so bad.

...Didn't work out too well for him though.

Maybe Cam should stop switching equipment around so he's finished with all the break in periods.

Reminds me of one of the young pitcher for the Yankees who took all his equipment and burned it cause he was pitching so bad.

...Didn't work out too well for him though.

Maybe Cam should stop switching equipment around so he's finished with all the break in periods.

Apparently, Cullen begged to be allowed to play on New Years.

Besides, I felt it was worth it, simply because when they were announcing the starting lineups, it's hard to get a more constant deafening cheer than when they announced Rosie followed by Cullen's return.

Apparently, Cullen begged to be allowed to play on New Years.

Besides, I felt it was worth it, simply because when they were announcing the starting lineups, it's hard to get a more constant deafening cheer than when they announced Rosie followed by Cullen's return.

Probably the only more deafening cheer was the ringing inside Cullen's head from the concussion.

He lost consiousness. He was too foggy to play days later. No matter what they said, this was clearly a concussion, and not a mild one either.

I thought it was clearly stated in press releases by the HURRICANES that it was not a concussion....Who cares what they NY papers said, they dont have Pete Friesen feeding them information.

Flyers did the same with Cagne... They said he is okay - no concussion. He played, left the ice and then finally they admitted he indeed had a concussion. He never played since Nov. 7th...

Looks like very similar situation to me. Besides, he is out indefinitely with undisclosed illness now. Khmm... what that could be i wonder?

No matter what we call it the end result Cullen is out and he could be out for a while :(

Bittersweet humor here! Gotta love it. I am waiting for our goalies to get some sense or they call up Leighton who is screaming for another shot at the NHL (even if it's as a backup) to slap Ward and Grahame awake. I want us to stop taking hits and start giving! :o

Btw Wes#1, you made my signature ma'am ;)

Aww shucks you shouldn't have!!! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have one thing to say. *edit*???? I love our team, but frankly, where is everyone? Sun bathing and surfing in Hawaii... getting massages at the Cloister??

If I could meet every single one of our Canes and talk to all of them, including Lavi, at the same time, I would tell them the following (just a few examples):

Cam: "Are you serious? What happened to the saying 'Whatever it takes'?? You aren't giving your best EVERY game. I consider your home games (when you start...) your best games."

Crackers: Same as Cam's, only when he starts AWAY games...

Rod: "Captain Roddy... you are our leader. But where are the big plays that SHOWED us you were our leader? Where is the passion that showed you cared about our team and wanted those "lollygaggers" to straighten their butts up or else get the heck out of Carolina?!?! That is what made you a leader. When you get out there, do you shoot or pass? When you have a good shot you pass and if you should pass you shoot!! Start playing harder or else...

Cole: "Shoot! You have had sooooo many shots you should've taken and yet you haven't. You and Rod leave the shooting to people who shoot too frequently and miss. Take some shots and you can have some large records ahead of you."

Staal: "Mr. Alternate Captain... do you know what that title means? It is an honor, and an honor perhaps given to you too soon. An alternate captain plays his hardest game in and game out. He respects others and earns respect from them. He takes shots if he has a goal and passes if he sees someone who has a good shot. He assists in leader the team when the captain is falling, if the captain needs assistance, or if the team needs to get pumped to W-I-N!!!!"

Lavi: "Are you SURE you aren't a player? Because your coaching is as bad as they are playing. The plays make the guys look like blobs. I remember in 2006 there was checking every two seconds!! Now our guys won't even touch anyone else unless they are celebrating a very rare goal or win. And the passing and shooting? Where are the passing chances and where are the shooting chances? Where is the powerplay lines and the penalty kill lines? Please do tell us because we could be coaching better right now."

I love our team, but this is how I feel. I like the people I picked but they are the ones who really need help the most!!!

Most people seem to believe that our poor play is due mostly to our defense and goaltending. I say the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of our forwards, they play an all out attack game with no regard for defense yet they cannot seem to score on a regular basis. If these forwards do not find a way to score they will have to sit back and clog up the neutral zone like every other team. You can't let the other teams attackers barrel into the zone unimpeded and expect our defense and goaltending to stop these guys. I say sit back and slow these guys up, wait for a turnover or mistake before we take it to their net. Some of our big guns are either playing hurt or out altogether, we can't play this run and gun style and succeed. If Laviolette is to blind to see this he should not be coaching. <_<