The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

I say sit back and slow these guys up, wait for a turnover or mistake before we take it to their net.

That's great but how long will it last? I can say I personally have tried it during basketball and it will work for a short time. You can expect it, but the only thing is... IT IS HOCKEY!!! If we are waiting, they can slip around us and will surely find out what we are doing. Then they don't slow down but speed up while we are just cruising and taking our time down the ice... just know that it can work, but not forever...

Also you cannot say that ALL the blame is on the offense. Nor is it on the defense or goaltending. Or the coaching. You MUST blame the team as a whole. In basketball, we are taught to not say "I won the championship last year", but to say "WE won the championship last year". You cannot even say "My team won the championship", because you won it too. So blame is on everyone.

TSA: I agree... I love this thread!!!!

Venting is good... but we cannot always blame individals. We all want the best for our team and sometimes we tend to blame people while venting. However, just blaming people in particular by just saying "they are bad. I hate it when they..." WILL NOT HELP. Blaming is a good way to vent... but you can't say that "He should not be coaching" if it is JUST ONE TIME. Give our team a little more chance.

oo that's a good one... man our team is just a bunch of scardycats!

Pun and Sarcasm intended... I think! :P

Ummm watch the highlights from the game...2nd goal.

yeah its the forwards fault who don't score more than 5 goals a game because that what they need in order to win a game, its the defense because they allow so many shots on goal and let the opposition just walk in...wait its the forwards fault for not back checking....wait its the defense for not checking.....wait its the goalies fault for just "jumping out of the way" of the puck ( aren't they supposed to stop everything)...I'm partial to goalies, alot has to happen before that shot reaches the net.....wait, lets not forget the coaching staff, they just ran out of new ideas it seems....wait its everyones fault...from the trainers to coaching and everyone in between. Now can we stop the pointing or I'll start blaming you , the fans for chanting the goalies name with the "you suck" when you're losing....thats too funny and sad at the same time.

yeah its the forwards fault who don't score more than 5 goals a game because that what they need in order to win a game, its the defense because they allow so many shots on goal and let the opposition just walk in...wait its the forwards fault for not back checking....wait its the defense for not checking.....wait its the goalies fault for just "jumping out of the way" of the puck ( aren't they supposed to stop everything)...I'm partial to goalies, alot has to happen before that shot reaches the net.....wait, lets not forget the coaching staff, they just ran out of new ideas it seems....wait its everyones fault...from the trainers to coaching and everyone in between. Now can we stop the pointing or I'll start blaming you , the fans for chanting the goalies name with the "you suck" when you're losing....thats too funny and sad at the same time.

Its no different on your Habs board, or any other board for that matter. At least we're all trying to make some light of it and maybe be a bit sarcastic about it all in this thread. What else can we all do? No need to mock us.

Its no different on your Habs board, or any other board for that matter. At least we're all trying to make some light of it and maybe be a bit sarcastic about it all in this thread. What else can we all do? No need to mock us.

Yes, I think some people on here don't understand sarcasm and trying to make humor out of the situation. No, its not funny that we are sucking but we have to make light of it. (See: my signature line)

C'MON.......I read a bunch of threads about the goalie chanting...I make the same comments and look what happens.....this place is unreal and my comments about whos fault it is was by no means mocking anyone. Its just the way I wrote it, basically saying it was a team effort to win and its the same to lose

C'MON.......I read a bunch of threads about the goalie chanting...I make the same comments and look what happens.....this place is unreal

My response had little to do with the goalie chants. When teams lose, any teams, blame is going to get thrown around. This is what I was referring to...

Now can we stop the pointing

C'MON.......I read a bunch of threads about the goalie chanting...I make the same comments and look what happens.....this place is unreal

My response had little to do with the goalie chants. When teams lose, any teams, blame is going to get thrown around. This is what I was referring to...

Now can we stop the pointing

Allright ........whatever. I'll be more politically correct, watch what I say but you see anyone can be offended by anyone here, no matter what you say unless we write like were talking to a kindergarden class. But lets end it before it goes to who knows where

I think as a captain Rod should set an example. He has few goals this season while Lavi looks on and doesn't change anything. If Rod won't straighten our boys out... what do you think? If you could give Lavi, Brindy, or any of our boys advice, what would it be???

Mine from earlier:

Cam: "Are you serious? What happened to the saying 'Whatever it takes'?? You aren't giving your best EVERY game. I consider your home games (when you start...) your best games."

Crackers: Same as Cam's, only when he starts AWAY games...

Rod: "Captain Roddy... you are our leader. But where are the big plays that SHOWED us you were our leader? Where is the passion that showed you cared about our team and wanted those "lollygaggers" to straighten their butts up or else get the heck out of Carolina?!?! That is what made you a leader. When you get out there, do you shoot or pass? When you have a good shot you pass and if you should pass you shoot!! Start playing harder or else...

Cole: "Shoot! You have had sooooo many shots you should've taken and yet you haven't. You and Rod leave the shooting to people who shoot too frequently and miss. Take some shots and you can have some large records ahead of you."

Staal: "Mr. Alternate Captain... do you know what that title means? It is an honor, and an honor perhaps given to you too soon. An alternate captain plays his hardest game in and game out. He respects others and earns respect from them. He takes shots if he has a goal and passes if he sees someone who has a good shot. He assists in leader the team when the captain is falling, if the captain needs assistance, or if the team needs to get pumped to W-I-N!!!!"

Lavi: "Are you SURE you aren't a player? Because your coaching is as bad as they are playing. The plays make the guys look like blobs. I remember in 2006 there was checking every two seconds!! Now our guys won't even touch anyone else unless they are celebrating a very rare goal or win. And the passing and shooting? Where are the passing chances and where are the shooting chances? Where is the powerplay lines and the penalty kill lines? Please do tell us because we could be coaching better right now."

Sorry if I offend anyone or your favorite players, but I just thought this would be interesting while our boys take time to enjoy their "trip back from Hawaii". ;)

I believe Carolina could be the most horrid team in the NHL right now. I mean the Blue Jackets/Islanders and Thrashers, this should be an easy point in the schedule. It has come down to either Laviolette or some of our big players right now. If you can't get up to play your stiffest competition in the conference something has to give.

I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

Seriously though, the play of our team lately has me pretty upset. But it is likely not going to get fixed quickly (read: this season, we'll see about next). I am going to continue to be a season ticket holder and hope for a win at the start of each game I go to. Lower expectations are probably going to come at some point, and that will help things. Bad hockey in Carolina is better than no hockey.

That Kovalchuk goal to make it 2-1 was an embarrassment, just walks right through two players and skates by seidenberg, top shelf she goes.

That Kovalchuk goal to make it 2-1 was an embarrassment, just walks right through two players and skates by seidenberg, top shelf she goes.

Yep...and everyone (except Cam Ward!) knows that Kolvie likes to go glove side...he barely even had to shoot that puck...just flipped it over Cam...

Can anyone explain to me why the CANES rarely shoot the puck into the top half of the net!!!Last nite Scott Walker could have won the game by just lifting the puck about 18" off the ice and he chose to try and slip it in a maybe 3" wide hole betwen the goalie(whom was down flat on the ice) and the pipe!!!Doesn't make sense to me.How many times do you hear the big thud that you know is just going off the pads!!How many goals are scored on us high to the glove/blocker side!!! :blink::blink: .

Just some of my observations,,but please lift the puck!!!