The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

Sometimes it's :lol:" tough to get it up", :lol: especially from in close, but I have more of problem with shots, especially from the point that are way wide. Even on Whitney's deflection goal last night, the shot was going way wide and we got lucky.

I HAVE A QUESTION....HOPE SOMEONE CAN ANSWER???????????

Who is running this team? The first month we were pretty good. Now, it just seems everyone is soooooooo confused. Does Lavi run the team and make the decisions solely by himself. Or, does Ron Francis have input on how we should play since he is player development? How much say does Rod have? Lastly, are there too many hands in the pot to ruin the dish? :lol: Thanks for all answers.

"I'm mad as heck and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore"

Where are the Hurricanes? Grahame on waivers? Lavi in la-la land? Wesley having a hissy-fit? Brindy not scoring? The Hurricanes not in first? Cam playing better at home then he does away? These ARE NOT our Canes. I honesty can't take this much longer. Who are we?

This isn't our team, so where IS our team? I am mad. Mad. MAD!!!! With Grahame gone, we would need a REALLY good goalie to support Cam. He is playing better now, but Grahame was the whipped cream on top of our team... all we needed was a new defenseman or forward to be the cherry. If we don't save our team now, you can say goodbye to playoffs until 2011. <_<

This is essentially the same team that didn't make the playoff's last year. The Canes normally astute management agreed on to many no-trade clauses and bet the farm on several average players. What can be done? My suggestions:

We have a good team but if there is no chemistry then we are out of luck. I think there might be a locker room cancer. If so, all fingers point to the Captain and Co-Captains. I think a shifting the Captains will lead to positive results.

Please share your thoughts.

I think a shifting the Captains will lead to positive results.

Proposed that to my mom a couple days ago. Thought it might work. Who would you put as your captains?

C: Glen Wesley. Has the leadership we need. He is the eldest player on our team and we could use his wiseness.

A: Rod. Is our current captain, but he isn't showing why he earned it lately. Showed his stuff better last night, but...

A: Ray Whitney. Currect "a", so I'm not moving him. Can shoot and score, and has a cup with us.

A: Erik Cole/ Justin Williams. These guys know how to play the game. They are young but are experienced.

A: Cory Stillman. Current "a". Can shoot and score when his team needs him most.

Sorry, but the way Wesley reacted last night, I can't see him handling the refs as a Captain should.

Rod should keep the "C". Stripping him of it won't accomplish anything.

1. Stanley cup winner

2. Fat contract

3. Cars and other things given to him by Vaughn Goalie Equipment Co.

Some players get to comfortable. Then again most teams don let opposing forwards hang out on the goal post like we do

Maybe it's a little of both that's the problem.

Dear Coach,

Tell cam the Stanley cup ring he has wont stop the puck. Nor will the money he makes or the car given to him by Vaughn

1. Young

2. Young

3. Young

4. Young

Please, go look up Brodeur's stat before you even start beating up on Cam. He is YOUNG. Hopefully we now have a goalie coach in Barrasso who can truly help and develop Cam through the beginning years of his career.

1. Stanley cup winner

2. Fat contract

Some players get to comfortable. Then again most teams don let opposing forwards hang out on the goal post like we do

Dear Coach,

Tell cam the Stanley cup ring he has wont stop the puck. Nor will the money he makes or the car given to him by Vaughn

being jelaous or something?

He needs time and if you are not patient enough that's only your fault and nobody's else

1. Young

2. Young

3. Young

4. Young

Please, go look up Brodeur's stat before you even start beating up on Cam. He is YOUNG. Hopefully we now have a goalie coach in Barrasso who can truly help and develop Cam through the beginning years of his career.

If he keeps playing this way Ill have alot of time to look up Brodeur's stats in april when we miss the playoffs.

Can anyone explain to me why the CANES rarely shoot the puck into the top half of the net!!!Last nite Scott Walker could have won the game by just lifting the puck about 18" off the ice and he chose to try and slip it in a maybe 3" wide hole betwen the goalie(whom was down flat on the ice) and the pipe!!!Doesn't make sense to me.How many times do you hear the big thud that you know is just going off the pads!!How many goals are scored on us high to the glove/blocker side!!! :blink::blink: .

Just some of my observations,,but please lift the puck!!!

*comment deleted by Whaler*

*comment deleted by Whaler*

khmmm..... you realize that we have some mites and pee-wees here who'll read that and will get a wrong idea on how to become better puck shooters....

This thread is being moved over to the "mad as heck thread".

You're right! We have young players who are VERY VERY talented. Everyone is so quick to call out the younger guys! I think the younger guys are playing better now that they are getting more ice time. Since our plague of injuries the younger guys have stepped it up! I believe Cam would give up all the money and cars to play the game...he is just playing like everyone else INCONSISTENT! We should analyze the play and attitude of the veterans. They are what make this team...Lavi can only do so much as a coach. What makes a coach good is his assistants and his "C" in every sport.

1. Stanley cup winner

2. Fat contract

Dear Coach,

Well, that's some list you have there. Now can you tell me what Grahame's problem was? Cam is at least trying to become a #1 goalie. If Grahame had that mindset he would already be there considering he's 32 yrs. old. I believe that when Cam is 32 yrs. old he's going to be one of the better goalies in the league. How many goalies give up their summer to get in shape? Not many! While Grahame was in Vegas partying (check out pics on myspace for proof of that) Cam was working out and eating his fruits and veggies. I also think that bringing Leighton up will only make Cam more determined to earn that #1 spot and apparently JR must have thought the same thing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2 goaltenders battling it out on the ice because they know JR isn't messing around here and the rest of the player's should step up their game as well or hit the road too.

scared reactive hockey, too much thinking due to lack of skating, I havent heard the "lets just go out there and have some fun" BS line in awhile, maybe thats coming shortly. No doubt that Brindamour leads this team seeing that right around the time he started playing shakey, the whole thing fell apart.

I gotta post my 2 cents about Grahame........There's alot of talk about him and his play. I hope you don't think he was the main reason for the canes poor play because he's not even a major factor. It's ok to look forward to the new guy but give Grahame a break. There is a reason he was a back-up goalie. If you wanted better then be mad at mgmt. for letting Gerber go. Being a goalie, I get a little nutty when everyone focuses their attention and blames the goalie. It's true the keepers mistakes are obvious but alot has to happen before the puck sees the back of the net. Was the shooter parked alone in front of the net, was it an odd man rush, what kind of shot was it, was there a screen, did the forwards backcheck, did the defense collapse and on and on. There are plenty of others who make less obvious mistakes before it gets to the goalie. YES, the goalie needs to make the big save but he can't make "every" save.

Most likely the team will play better in front of Leighton ( if they do ask yourself why they didn't in front of John) but thats just a small chunk of the problem , very small and if his lack of spectacular play is why you called for his head then there are other heads to be had on this team not just his...GOOD LUCK JOHN, from one keeper to another ( yeah , I know its a beer league but I still put on the pads like he does)

FW, since you seem adamant about this, how do you feel about Ward's performance against Atlanta? The D kept Atlanta to 14 shots, yet 5 went in. Would it be right to blame the goaltender in that situation?

FW, since you seem adamant about this, how do you feel about Ward's performance against Atlanta? The D kept Atlanta to 14 shots, yet 5 went in. Would it be right to blame the goaltender in that situation?

we've been over this....it wasnt all his fault....the whole team collapsed, but again, he didnt do well to protect the puck from going to the back of the net.

we've been over this....it wasnt all his fault....the whole team collapsed, but again, he didnt do well to protect the puck from going to the back of the net.

Yeah, the team was poor, but they did come back from a 3-1 deficit. And then they came back again after Ward let in another one.

I think in that situation, Ward takes the majority of the blame. The offense did their job (4 goals), the defense did their job (14 shots).

The D kept Atlanta to 14 shots, yet 5 went in. Would it be right to blame the goaltender in that situation?

I wouldn't blame Ward because 3 of those goals he had no chance on and were directly tied to D breakdowns. The Canes blocked very few shots and the reason for the low shot total was because the Canes had incredible attacking zone TOP. The D did little to keep the shot total down and was very loose throughout.

So the Canes scored 4 goals and Ward gave up 2 legit goals as I saw the game. He gets some of the blame but certainly not all.

I wouldn't blame Ward because 3 of those goals he had no chance on and were directly tied to D breakdowns. The Canes blocked very few shots and the reason for the low shot total was because the Canes had incredible attacking zone TOP. The D did little to keep the shot total down and was very loose throughout.

So the Canes scored 4 goals and Ward gave up 2 legit goals as I saw the game. He gets some of the blame but certainly not all.

I blame him for 3, not 2. I stand by my claim that the Recchi goal was all him. It bounced off the boards, and Ward left the post to get it. He got out of position, which allowed Recchi to go 5 hole on him.

Its kinda like this,,,your d-men are your 1st line of defense,,your back checking forwards are your second line of defense(1&2 can be switched depending on how the puck is brought into the zone) and your goalie is your third and final line of defense,,,,so each has to take credit and or blame for every goal..Granted some shots are impossible to stop but a goal like Kovechuk(sp?) the other night was a total breakdown from one end to the other!!!

I'm adamant in saying he was a back-up goalie who may have done his best and that he didn't get alot of help. As far as Ward, yes ofcourse he's the better goalie. The only one I can kinda blame on Ward was the one that went wide came back off the boards and was put in by a thrasher....Ward was slow to react to that. His weak spot is high glove side because when he does go down , he doesn't always stay straight to take up more of the net and basically he just has a weak glove hand. I also think he wasn't given the proper amount of time to learn more , perhaps under a veteran goalie.

Anyway, I think everyone knows what I was saying about Grahame