The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The official "I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore" thread

I wouldn't blame Ward because 3 of those goals he had no chance on and were directly tied to D breakdowns. The Canes blocked very few shots and the reason for the low shot total was because the Canes had incredible attacking zone TOP. The D did little to keep the shot total down and was very loose throughout.

So the Canes scored 4 goals and Ward gave up 2 legit goals as I saw the game. He gets some of the blame but certainly not all.

I'm lost here! Cam is only responsible for 1 goal because he was on the bench when the other 3 were scored.

I'm lost here! Cam is only responsible for 1 goal because he was on the bench when the other 3 were scored.

That was the Islander game. This is the Atlanta game. Try to keep up. :P

Last game, with 14 shots and 5 goals. That obviously is very sad. Our D was better than it has been, so don't blame them. We failed to act together until the third period. We tied the game at 3, scoring 2 in a row. Cam Ward wasn't tested too much and it really disappointed me that our starting goaltender could only muster 9 saves on 14 shots. So the team came back and played really well throughout the third and most of the OT, but our last line of Defense, the player we need to rely on, didn't come through. Even after falling 4-3 in the third, Cole and Staal rendered some heroics to tie it. Our forwards and D played well together for 20minutes last night. We need to play well for 60 minutes every night. Everyone, including the goaltender. Everyone was to blame, but IMO Cam Ward was the big factor in whether we lost or had a hearty comeback.

I blame him for 3, not 2. I stand by my claim that the Recchi goal was all him. It bounced off the boards, and Ward left the post to get it. He got out of position, which allowed Recchi to go 5 hole on him.

He tried to make the stop because he had no short-side help. Gleason was nowhere to be seen and Commodore let Recchi waltz right by him after the face-off - classic breakdown.

The low SOG numbers though don't mean anything unless they are a result of a high number of blocked shots or t/o's which wasn't the case. The Canes played a puck possession game which limited ATL's touches and the Carolina D was just awful.

I'm adamant in saying he was a back-up goalie who may have done his best and that he didn't get alot of help. As far as Ward, yes ofcourse he's the better goalie. The only one I can kinda blame on Ward was the one that went wide came back off the boards and was put in by a thrasher....Ward was slow to react to that. His weak spot is high glove side because when he does go down , he doesn't always stay straight to take up more of the net and basically he just has a weak glove hand. I also think he wasn't given the proper amount of time to learn more , perhaps under a veteran goalie.

Anyway, I think everyone knows what I was saying about Grahame

I know what you said and I think you were 100% dead on!!!!!

*comment deleted by Whaler*

Well, if you delete that, then y'all should be calling the advertising folks at FSN and complaining about all the herpes commercials during the games.

...thank God for that! :D

Flipside, it is embarrassing to lose 4 straight in the first round of playoffs and be a laughing stock of entire NHL.

Flipside, it is embarrassing to lose 4 straight in the first round of playoffs and be a laughing stock of entire NHL.

not too sure about that. off the top of my head, I cant remember which teams, if any, got shut out of the 1st round 4-0. so what makes you think if we do, we will be the laughing stock of the NHL. especially those who didnt make it to the playoffs to start with.

not too sure about that. off the top of my head, I cant remember which teams, if any, got shut out of the 1st round 4-0. so what makes you think if we do, we will be the laughing stock of the NHL. especially those who didnt make it to the playoffs to start with.

See Atlanta last season.

See Atlanta last season.

Well, if you delete that, then y'all should be calling the advertising folks at FSN and complaining about all the herpes commercials during the games.

Na, those commercials were done in good taste. Your comment was not.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-God Carolina has plenty of scorers(eric staal,rod brind'amour)but for some stupid reason we have lost are commanding lead in our division.And maybe John Grahme sucks but you know what dont send him back to the AHL,he is a veteran but he isnt just ready for the BIG-LEAGUES and yes maybe I am a friend of John Grahme BUT STILL he is a seasoned veteran :angry:

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-God Carolina has plenty of scorers(eric staal,rod brind'amour)but for some stupid reason we have lost are commanding lead in our division.And maybe John Grahme sucks but you know what dont send him back to the AHL,he is a veteran but he isnt just ready for the BIG-LEAGUES and yes maybe I am a friend of John Grahme BUT STILL he is a seasoned veteran :angry:

Welcome to the forums!!! You'll feel at home in no time. :lol:

i dont care if he isin a veteran!! when your not producing and you have a GAA of 3.85 then you dont belong in the NHL. we gave him chance after chance after chance to "prove" himself and he failed.. bottom line he belongs in the AHL period!

Welcome to the forums!!! You'll feel at home in no time. :lol:

I told you you'd feel at home in no time. Double :lol: .

Guys, this is a rant thread.... Can't a person to rant. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, rant away. Just no bashing ;) .

Absolutely, rant away. Just no bashing ;) .